• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT Tottenham v Fulham*

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great way to get a win. Thought there was a lot lacking from our team, particularly in the first half. Upped our game in the second, but somewhat lucky win in the end.

Good games from Lloris, the three centre backs, Rose, Winks and to some extent Alli.

Thought we were way too eager to play it early to Llorente early on, got better as we started taking a bit more risk on the ball. Winks in particular really grew into the game and showed a lot more creativity and purpose on the ball than he has recently. Need more of that from him.

Next couple of weeks will be very tough. Fulham is as easy as it's going to get and now we're probably without Alli too. Good to have Dier back and hopefully Llorente and Lamela will find some form.

How many did Kane miss last week? And those where MUCH bigger chances than the two Llorente got today! There was 4 decent balls into the area all game, and we scored from 2 of those. And Llorente being the obvious threat for those, the defenders where close to him, leaving Dele space at the back post.
Llorente didn't have a good game, but to slate him the amount some of the tossers here do, is ridiculous. It's his PL start for ages!

Lots of people on here were critical of Kane last week and in other games this season. Even besides the misses yesterday, Llorente was bloody awful. His hold up play was abysmal, his movement was poor. He was just terrible.

I don’t dislike the guy at all and I’d be okay with him getting another chance but he needs to do better because yesterday simply wasn’t good enough.

Lots of people on here were critical of Kane last week and in other games this season. Even besides the misses yesterday, Llorente was bloody awful. His hold up play was abysmal, his movement was poor. He was just terrible.

I don’t dislike the guy at all and I’d be okay with him getting another chance but he needs to do better because yesterday simply wasn’t good enough.

That is what disappointed me in him yesterday. I wasn't expecting him to turn into Kane Mk II, but the things he normally does well in his occasional last-few-minutes-cameos - holding up play, knocking the ball down for others etc - just didn't happen yesterday and the knock downs he tried generally went straight to a Fulham player.
He has suddenly gone from playing occasionally when Kane needs to be rested/substituted to being our sole striker and Kane replacement, so there is a lot of pressure on him. He is an experienced professional and should be able to cope with pressure but the own goal must have knocked him back in whatever amount of confidence he had. Who knows what might have happened if his head rather than his shoulder had connected with that cross 5 minutes later. Confidence restored?
He's a player who needs service, he won't be looking to make a goal in the way Kane does. And the service needs to be accurate, not balls that he has to chase after as he hasn't got the pace. He didn't get a great amount of service yesterday, hopefully that's something that can be worked on in the next few days.
Limited though he might be (in our system),we need Llorente to come good. Ghod knows, we don't have many options at the moment.

I think we've gotten used to brilliance, tbh. We rely on Harry to be brilliant - either as a goalscorer, or as a tireless creator and facilitator of play upfront.

When he's out, I think, whether we like it or not, we place abnormally high expectations on his replacement - and that just happens to be Llorente.

Being in that position is hard for any player - it's impossible to live up to those expectations. And it doesn't help that Llorente doesn't play much either. So he does the best he can, which is pretty standard stuff that a lot of Prem strikers also do. Just not at the level of Kane - and he'll never be at that level.

I don't blame him, and I agree with you - we're treating him too harshly.
But Son steps in with those same expectation and does better than good. In fact , IIRC, the last time Kane done his ankle (and we were all worried) our general all round play got better as well, especially approach play.

And it's not like Son adapts a style to imitate Kane....he just carries on being Sonny.

Perhaps Llorente is a bad fit? Perhaps he needs minutes to get a groove on. The problem he has it won't take much for many to say he's Rasiak reborn.

I didnt see what Sachez did wrong there, at all. There was ongoing needle between he and Mitrovic, possibly it was an accumulation thing - but IMO was the wrong call.

I did also wonder if Mitrovic was on for a red, he reacted with real aggression and Im sure took a swipe = they get given...

Why did the idiot referee book Sanchez as well a Metric?
Rose booking was dreadful a terrible performance from Craig Pawson.

Mitrovic had been moaning to the ref about Sanchez. I noticed it when I re-watched the game last night. At one point he can be seen to say something like "that's the third time he's done that".
Pawson was clearly wrong to book Sanchez but I think Mitrovic's complaining in the ref's ear is what led to it. Ref just saw the opportunity to book them both even though there was absolutely nothing even 50/50 about being wrestled to the ground. Ridiculous. As was the Rose booking.

Why did the idiot referee book Sanchez as well a Metric?
Rose booking was dreadful a terrible performance from Craig Pawson.
Both bookings were ridiculous. He was 40 meters away when Rose got fouled. In no way whatsoever was he in a position to be able to see it clearly. It's quite incredible to book someone for something you have no way of seeing. Can yellow cards be deleted retrospectively? If so, the club should apply for it.

That is what disappointed me in him yesterday. I wasn't expecting him to turn into Kane Mk II, but the things he normally does well in his occasional last-few-minutes-cameos - holding up play, knocking the ball down for others etc - just didn't happen yesterday and the knock downs he tried generally went straight to a Fulham player.
He has suddenly gone from playing occasionally when Kane needs to be rested/substituted to being our sole striker and Kane replacement, so there is a lot of pressure on him. He is an experienced professional and should be able to cope with pressure but the own goal must have knocked him back in whatever amount of confidence he had. Who knows what might have happened if his head rather than his shoulder had connected with that cross 5 minutes later. Confidence restored?
He's a player who needs service, he won't be looking to make a goal in the way Kane does. And the service needs to be accurate, not balls that he has to chase after as he hasn't got the pace. He didn't get a great amount of service yesterday, hopefully that's something that can be worked on in the next few days.
Limited though he might be (in our system),we need Llorente to come good. Ghod knows, we don't have many options at the moment.

Agree with all of that. My fear is how much we need to change our game to accommodate him. First half yesterday, we spent a lot of time working it into crossing positions and to be fair to Fulham, the could see what we were doing and cut us off most times.

I genuinely like Llorente and would love for him to be a success but yesterday worried me because of the impact he had on our game and how poor he was when we did get the ball to him.

Both bookings were ridiculous. He was 40 meters away when Rose got fouled. In no way whatsoever was he in a position to be able to see it clearly. It's quite incredible to book someone for something you have no way of seeing. Can yellow cards be deleted retrospectively? If so, the club should apply for it.

We should complain about the quality of the officiating in that game generally.

Back