• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official OM(usic)T Thread ***

For anyone who is a fan of Tame Impala, tehy finished their second album today. Should be out later this year. I for one, am very excited

No other festival compares to Glastonbury, the size of it, there is just so much to do. It caters for everyone.

From what I've seen and been told 2 of this years Reading headliners will be the 2 bands that won the Best Band awards at the NME awards.

Does anyone like Rise Against?

I'm a bit of a fan although when i last saw them at the UEA in Norwich i was pretty disappointed by the performance. Dont know why. Think i was brought down by the missus and my mate who werent fans. They were supported by Tom Morello in his Nightacochman guise. Prefer their older stuff really, has a bit more edge to it. The newest album was a bit lame in my opinion.

I'm a bit of a fan although when i last saw them at the UEA in Norwich i was pretty disappointed by the performance. Dont know why. Think i was brought down by the missus and my mate who werent fans. They were supported by Tom Morello in his Nightacochman guise. Prefer their older stuff really, has a bit more edge to it. The newest album was a bit lame in my opinion.

i've only got one of their albums, Appeal To Reason which I really like. I take it their earlier stuff is much heavier, that's usually the case.

FAO Electronic Music Lovers

James Lavelle - GU026 - Romania

Classic 2CD house set from the early 2000s, strongly reccommended

Ever tried Nick Warren "Back 2 Mine"

Flawless masterpiece

It kicks of with a stunning Talismantra track, and the Jam & Spoon remix of Moby Go, is genius

[video=youtube;zyjm-A-1BYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyjm-A-1BYQ[/video]

[video=youtube;Jg95WPvZ6c0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg95WPvZ6c0[/video]

i've only got one of their albums, Appeal To Reason which I really like. I take it their earlier stuff is much heavier, that's usually the case.

Yeah i hate saying it because its always "the thing" to say with bands. As they get more popular they become more commerical blah blah blah but in Rise Against's case to me it really is true. They're anti-government, anti war etc etc etc yet without the grittitness to the music the stuff they sing about doesnt have the same oomph to it. I'd give Revolutions per minute, Siren Song of The Counter Culture and Suffer and The Witness a listen if you like Appeal to Reason (this is when they started to become cleaner). Their earlier albums are slightly heavier (The Unravelling and EPs). The newest album Endgame seems to me like they are protesting from a rocking chair on their front porch. They believe in what they've sung about previously but they really cant be assed to do anything about it anymore and have just given up.

Yeah i hate saying it because its always "the thing" to say with bands. As they get more popular they become more commerical blah blah blah but in Rise Against's case to me it really is true. They're anti-government, anti war etc etc etc yet without the grittitness to the music the stuff they sing about doesnt have the same oomph to it. I'd give Revolutions per minute, Siren Song of The Counter Culture and Suffer and The Witness a listen if you like Appeal to Reason (this is when they started to become cleaner). Their earlier albums are slightly heavier (The Unravelling and EPs). The newest album Endgame seems to me like they are protesting from a rocking chair on their front porch. They believe in what they've sung about previously but they really cant be assed to do anything about it anymore and have just given up.

Ok I'll definitely give those albums you suggested a try. Judging by some of the reviews, the earlier stuff is much better. I think it's fair to say the band aren't big fans of George Bush. Audience Of One is a great track! It must be difficult for punk bands, they either stay true to their roots, or they make the decision to try and become more accesible to the mainstream and risk alienating the fans who liked them from the very beginning. I cant say I blame bands for looking to sell more albums which makes them more financially secure. There will always be bands who will say fudge you to the mainstream, good on those bands too!

Ever tried Nick Warren "Back 2 Mine"

Flawless masterpiece

It kicks of with a stunning Talismantra track, and the Jam & Spoon remix of Moby Go, is genius

Yes, that's a true classic

Loved Warren's earlier stuff but lost track of him lately

EDIT: His GU series are also great if you're ever interested. 035 especially

Last edited:
The Reading/Leeds line up is announced later this evening and tickets go on sale too. They're brought in a deposit scheme this year, so those that want tickets don't have to pay out ?ú200 in one go.

Back