• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Ice-Hockey Thread ***

Giroux's the business. Think Hojbjerg on skates. First shot him as a junior with the Gatineau Olympiques in the Quebec junior league. Seen him frequently over the years since and he's never disappointed as a player and a leader.

Man, now that the Russians are getting me properly pi55ed off, I'm working up a story about Alexander Ovechkin. Oh, every hockey fan these days thinks he's GHod's gift to hockey as he pursues Gretzky's all time goal scoring record.

And, naturally, as this Russian bear bears down on such a record, one wonders if Gretzky's name has any trace of Ukrainian heritage.

Anyway, there's a few pics to dig up and a few details to sort out. But Ovechkin - in a Russian hockey uniform - revealed himself as a proper cnut a few years back and I want to tell about it and show the pics.

Right so where are we now...

Leafs... Oh dear.

Avs hopefully going to close out the Blues tonight, another Kadri hatty would be nice.

Lightning in the ECF already, have to fancy them to make it to another SCF too, Carolina and Rangers finely poised at 2-2, could see that going the distance.

The Battle of Alberta looking like it's going to end rather soon also, Connor McDavid looks simply unstoppable.

Playoffs have been great so far, 5 game 7s in the first round, great drama.

Conference finals, baby! Helm wrapping it up five seconds from time against Blues. Yes! Love it. Oilers coming up. Just smash McDavid out of the game and pump them! Avs are so good going forward it's a joy to behold. Let's just hope Kuemper can pick up a little, he's let in a few easies in the playoff. Come on! :D

Giroux's the business. Think Hojbjerg on skates. First shot him as a junior with the Gatineau Olympiques in the Quebec junior league. Seen him frequently over the years since and he's never disappointed as a player and a leader.

Nice! We ended up getting Lehkonen from Montreal instead. He's been excellent as well! Hard working very skilled player. Very very good addition.

Didn't Ovechkin go out and say he was opposed to the war? Did you ever write the article?

Avs vs. Oilers
Lightning vs. Rangers

Decent set of finals, I'm going Avs in 6 and Tampa in 5.

Nice! We ended up getting Lehkonen from Montreal instead. He's been excellent as well! Hard working very skilled player. Very very good addition.

Didn't Ovechkin go out and say he was opposed to the war? Did you ever write the article?

Deffo a good addition, came up clutch for Montreal a few times last season so lets hope he continues that this season.

I think Ovi's comments of "no more war" were seen as being a bit too vague and an attempt to just take the spotlight off him, his Instagram profile pic is still him and Putin, something that has caused a stir.

Avs vs. Oilers
Lightning vs. Rangers

Decent set of finals, I'm going Avs in 6 and Tampa in 5.

Deffo a good addition, came up clutch for Montreal a few times last season so lets hope he continues that this season.

I think Ovi's comments of "no more war" were seen as being a bit too vague and an attempt to just take the spotlight off him, his Instagram profile pic is still him and Putin, something that has caused a stir.
¨
Ah, that's right. Hmm, bloody shame.

Will be an interesting pair of finals. Hope I get to see some of the games for a change. :) I reckon Avs in 5 and Tampa in 5. :)

¨
Ah, that's right. Hmm, bloody shame.

Will be an interesting pair of finals. Hope I get to see some of the games for a change. :) I reckon Avs in 5 and Tampa in 5. :)

Decent start, bloody 8-6!

All of the Avs games are 1am starts I think, hoping to catch a few over the long weekend with any luck.

Decent start, bloody 8-6!

All of the Avs games are 1am starts I think, hoping to catch a few over the long weekend with any luck.

Just crazy, wasn't it? :p On the Avalanche sub on Reddit I saw a bunch of people predicting 10+ goal games for the entire series, haha. Kuemper injured though, but I like Frankie, and Kuemper hasn't been on his best form lately. Mack is upping his game though, goddamn, he was flying again last night judging from the highlights.

Just crazy, wasn't it? :p On the Avalanche sub on Reddit I saw a bunch of people predicting 10+ goal games for the entire series, haha. Kuemper injured though, but I like Frankie, and Kuemper hasn't been on his best form lately. Mack is upping his game though, goddamn, he was flying again last night judging from the highlights.

A lot of attention on McDavid, for obvious reasons of course, I assume Mac would like to show he's got some skills too.

Darcy is a good tender, Frankie too but I don't think the Avs win this series or the Cup with goaltending, out of the 4 teams left I think the Lightning probably can but not the Avs, a farcry from the days of Roy getting rings standing on his head in the crease!

I really want this Cup... so I can say this to myself all summer tbh

Avs in 4, absolutely lovely stuff.

Read it and sweep Oilers.

First finals in 21 years, got to bring it home now.

Really hope Kadri can take part in the finals, he had surgery the other day and hasn’t been fully ruled out.

Actually, it was Avs in three.

Get three up in a series like this and, come game four, it's hard for the other team to keep up - skating with corks up their asses.

The only thing saving the Oilers from being Canada's biggest hockey snicker is the Toronto Maple Leafs. But credit to the Leafs - they gave impending 3-time Stanley Cup champions Tampa Bay all they could handle in round 1.

Avs in 4, absolutely lovely stuff.

Read it and sweep Oilers.

First finals in 21 years, got to bring it home now.

Really hope Kadri can take part in the finals, he had surgery the other day and hasn’t been fully ruled out.

Who do you want in the final? Both teams are good, but I'd prefer Rangers. I think we're gonna win it this year. :D

Who do you want in the final? Both teams are good, but I'd prefer Rangers. I think we're gonna win it this year. :D

Either will do, let them go game 6/7 and lets see if our boys can rest up a tad but of course not get rusty, tricky spot to be in but we should do it this year.

I know nothing of ice hockey., but I believe there is some player called Ovechkin who is a supporter of Putin???

I know nothing of ice hockey., but I believe there is some player called Ovechkin who is a supporter of Putin???

Bessie mates with ol Vlad, he's gone as far as saying "no more war" in a press conference or two but that's about it. He has also stated "I am Russian and he is my president, what else can I say?"

Reckons if he changes his Instragram profile pic (him receiving a medal from Putin) his family in Russia will be in danger.

Lightning it is, then. They're a good team, and their goalie is incredible. Will be a very tough series, but the Avs can absolutely do it. Let's hope for Mack in overdrive mode and that we get Kadri back. I think we'll win it in 6. :D

Back