• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Not watched all in one block, but don't see why people are so excited with it, it changes some parts sure, but doesn't resolve the major issue of it being a rushed movie hashed together to try and compete with MCU but failling miserably.

Anyway, The Suicide Squad trailer just dropped, looks a lot better with James Gunn but again, for those that saw the original, another clusterfudge of a movie rushed and cobbled together that WB/DCEU could have knocked out of the park but instead didn't think it through. Could have been their version of Guardians of the Galaxy if they tried to make a proper film and not a rushed movie and spent more time jizzing themselves into a frenzy on trying to make a universe.
The worst thing about Suicide Squad was the assumed need to make them all sympathetic characters. As if the audience doesn't have the intellectual capacity to like bad people.

The worst thing about Justice League was everything. I once saw a cat brick its own guts out trying to give birth. I'd rather watch that again than Justice League.

Anyone watched the remake of Papillon? Any good? Don't normally touch remakes of great films, but Rami Malek may be the best actor around at the moment.

Watched Kid Detective last night
Really good film, done well

also watched 3 idiots today. Not sure it merits the hype but it’s a nice film and one worth seeing if you like Indian films

Being a busy businessman and a cottage owner, I don't often get out to see the latest movies. So this pandemic has at least offered opportunities to get caught up on good stuff Lady Norf and I have missed in recent times.

We watched 1917 last week. Really well done. That amazing opening take of the two soldiers was gripping.

Watched The Green Book today. Fantastic.

Being a busy businessman and a cottage owner, I don't often get out to see the latest movies. So this pandemic has at least offered opportunities to get caught up on good stuff Lady Norf and I have missed in recent times.

We watched 1917 last week. Really well done. That amazing opening take of the two soldiers was gripping.

Watched The Green Book today. Fantastic.
Both brilliant films

Watched Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood and largely enjoyed it. Until the utterly ridiculous final scenes full of gratuitous violence.

There you have Brad Pitt's likeable, well-drawn character, a man full of restraint and self-control throughout the film, calmly sorting out the gunman, decking one knife-wielding woman but suddenly going apeschit and violently pummeling the other knife-wielding woman. And don't say he was high on LSD. Smoking that stuff doesn't have the slightest effect. I know.

Or you have the slightly inept, insecure Leo DiCaprio character expertly using a flame thrower. Huh?! If only they'd played that scene for laughs, it would have worked.

The whole finale was set up to have some proper fun with and still provide the same outcome and Tarantino spits on the audience with this bloody, over-the-top nonsense (yeah, I know, he's got previous). Otherwise, such a nice tribute to Hollywood of a past era, a well crafted yarn that is a visual treat, just for the clothes, classic TV and movie references, sets and cars of the era.

Watched Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood and largely enjoyed it. Until the utterly ridiculous final scenes full of gratuitous violence.

There you have Brad Pitt's likeable, well-drawn character, a man full of restraint and self-control throughout the film, calmly sorting out the gunman, decking one knife-wielding woman but suddenly going apeschit and violently pummeling the other knife-wielding woman. And don't say he was high on LSD. Smoking that stuff doesn't have the slightest effect. I know.

Or you have the slightly inept, insecure Leo DiCaprio character expertly using a flame thrower. Huh?! If only they'd played that scene for laughs, it would have worked.

The whole finale was set up to have some proper fun with and still provide the same outcome and Tarantino spits on the audience with this bloody, over-the-top nonsense (yeah, I know, he's got previous). Otherwise, such a nice tribute to Hollywood of a past era, a well crafted yarn that is a visual treat, just for the clothes, classic TV and movie references, sets and cars of the era.

Did the same in Inglorious Basterds and all his other movies since he jumped the shark. No-one would make these films if he wasn’t who he was. He’s like Peter Pan, never grew up and his version of cool has aged as anyone’s does.

Back