• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Norwegian Spurs fans

Robbo

Les Ferdinand
Haven't seen this posted on here, so I thought I'd share a nice story about my fellow countrymen yids:

A couple of months ago two young Spurs supporters missed their first match at WHL (at home vs City) because of an overbooked plane. This sad story, presented in the national media, prompted Norwegian Spurs fans to raise about £2000 to send the two kids and their families to another game.

Someone else (can't remember who), however, sponsored flight, hotel and tickets for the Chelski game for these two kids - and Spurs arranged for them to have a stadium tour and meet some of our players - so they didn't need the £2000.

That's when the Spurs supporters came up with another idea on how to spend the money. Through the Norwegian supporters club, they got hold of 120 tickets for tomorrow night's Monaco game.

In collaboration with local schools in Tottenham, Hackney and Walthamstow, these 120 tickets were distributed to kids in some of the poorer neighbourhoods in the area. So tomorrow night, 100 local kids and 20 parents/guardians will attend what will for many be their first ever Spurs game.

The remaining £700 was donated to the kid's cancer ward in a local Oslo hospital.

Makes me proud to be a Spurs supporter!

brilliant. also, some of those attending their first game could get the bug and become future visitors to the Lane and fans for life

Awesome - let's hope it's not a repeat of the Lazio friendly several years ago where the local school kids who were given tickets turned up and cheered against us!

I remember a number of years ago my school gave out some tickets v Palace. I was the biggest Spurs fan going but because of bad behavior i wasn't allowed to go!

Nice touch though

Great game for them too - should be 100 new Spurs fans guaranteed (if they weren't fans already)!

Back