• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

This would be great - a legitimate way to get even closer to the doped clubs. And if it led to success I can see an outcry of how it isn’t fair that we have a dual purpose stadium and the other top clubs will be asking for a rule on hour much stadium sponsorship and non football income can be used.

Or City simply matching our extra income via their own ‘sponsorship’. Maybe Etihad becomes dual use as a subbuteo arena and pays 200m a year for the privilege and no one notices that the Sheiks butler actually owns subbuteo and the tickets sold to watch it don’t correlate with any people actually attending.
Plastic players to match the plastic fans?

Would be interesting to see how an NFL franchise and a Premier League team could co exist in the same stadium. You’d imagine an NFL team would ideally like to have back to back home weeks due to travelling. Neither team could play at home on the same weekend. Although possible with the TV deals moving games it’s just not possible. A Europa league season would mean we have at least 6 Sunday games to start with.
It’s not impossible but would be interesting.

Currently there are 16 games(8 home and 8 away)but I think there is talk of extending that.
I guess where the international break are in October and November they would be good dates to have back to back games.

I guess most games would start at 18:00 gmt with maybe the agreement of 1 maybe 2 afternoon games a season.

I doubt in reality it would be worth the hassle of hosting both on the same day, even if it is a possibility and I'm sure we'd love to be able to show off that the stadium is capable of the turnaround but long term one game Saturday with the other on Sunday makes sense and easily achievable

I read an interview with Levy a while back where he said one thing they really want to do is have a double game day where we have a PL match and then later on the same day have an NFL match.
I don't think that will ever happen. Not because of the stadium, but because of transport. Same weekend, yes. Same day, very unlikely.

The double game thing will never happen. The NFL would have to start at 1800 on a Sunday earliest prem Ko is what 1200. Even though there would be 4 hours between the end of one and the start of the other it won’t be possible. Imagine the local pubs spurs fans would be in them till 16:00ish in bulk. I’d imagine NFL fans will start turning up from 15:00ish.

The double game thing will never happen. The NFL would have to start at 1800 on a Sunday earliest prem Ko is what 1200. Even though there would be 4 hours between the end of one and the start of the other it won’t be possible. Imagine the local pubs spurs fans would be in them till 16:00ish in bulk. I’d imagine NFL fans will start turning up from 15:00ish.

You completely underestimate the ability of brick loads of money to make things happen. EPL has a decent following in the US, a Sunday "double header" (football +football) is an American advertisers wet dream.

Add in the much more casual nature of American Sports fans, it would become a tourism must do, the hospitality/corporate side would kill as well.

To the original point, same day or week-end, an NFL franchise +effectively double naming rights on stadium (only reason I can see for the delay) would put Spurs right up there from a revenue perspective.

rl1l3q6fssj61.png

Corporate/Hospitality kicking ass! (Matchday)

Would be interesting to see how an NFL franchise and a Premier League team could co exist in the same stadium. You’d imagine an NFL team would ideally like to have back to back home weeks due to travelling. Neither team could play at home on the same weekend. Although possible with the TV deals moving games it’s just not possible. A Europa league season would mean we have at least 6 Sunday games to start with.
It’s not impossible but would be interesting.

Currently there are 16 games(8 home and 8 away)but I think there is talk of extending that.
I guess where the international break are in October and November they would be good dates to have back to back games.

I guess most games would start at 18:00 gmt with maybe the agreement of 1 maybe 2 afternoon games a season.
Why's that?

Any news on the naming rights? Is it possible we missed a trick not tying up the rights around the time we got to the CL final? I don’t think our stock or profile has ever been higher than it was at that point?

Any news on the naming rights? Is it possible we missed a trick not tying up the rights around the time we got to the CL final? I don’t think our stock or profile has ever been higher than it was at that point?

The only reason (I can comprehend of), is it's tied in with some kind of NFL alignment (be it two for one or whatever). Wouldn't be amiss as well considering the guy we brought in to assist on the deal.

Back