• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I wonder why we haven't got a sponsor yet with the new stadium name? Last night would've have been prime exposure for them. Possible Levy's waiting until an nfl franchise is announced so we can claim even more money from a potential sponsor

From Football London :

The reasons for that attendance

Spurs' new home felt packed and throbbing with noise, that sea of white flags before kick off and the booming chants throughout the encounter.

So when the attendance was revealed and it was 59,215, there were plenty of puzzled looks exchanged around the ground.

That number is of course almost 3,000 short of the 62,062-seater capacity at the new stadium and led to outcry on social media from those who couldn't get a ticket for the match.

However, tickets for the game were completely sold out.

One factor which brought the number down was the segregation between the home fans and the set of away supporters in the north east corner of the ground.

The other reason was that apparently some season ticket holders for one reason or another did not show for the big occasion.

One point worth noting is that with the capacity being 62,062 and segregation between both sets of fans being in place for every competitive game, the stadium is never actually going to hold 62,000 fans for a competitive encounter.

You might wonder why there's not a gap for segregation rather than seats but of course the number of opposition fans allowed inside the stadium may increase or decrease for certain cup competitions and there is no segregation for NFL games.

I saw a steward (old boy) telling a few younger fans to sit down ... he was a little irate... but once the whole shelf stood up ... he was at a loss.

This happened a lot in the south stand. Those standing up were by far the most vocal. Not sure how you’re going to create an intimidating atmosphere when the stewards are constantly telling you to sit down and threatening you with confiscation of your ticket and a ban

Incredible night in a very special place indeed
Am in row 40 of the South Stand, incredible views and the noise was very good
Need a few games to find my feet around places to go, stand etc

I am in row 43 and I have to agree the view is incredible

Anyone else wonder how that palace knob smuggled in a smoke bomb? Considering you have to go through a metal detector to get into the ground

Anyone else wonder how that palace knob smuggled in a smoke bomb? Considering you have to go through a metal detector to get into the ground

I laughed at the fact that the fireworks used were not smokeless ... smelt of wrotten eggs as i looked for a guilty culprit around me ... had to acknowledge that I missed out on a golden opportunity to rip one out and blame the fireworks as i sat smug knowing everyone has had a little taste at the back of their throats from one of my very own.

From Football London :

The reasons for that attendance

Spurs' new home felt packed and throbbing with noise, that sea of white flags before kick off and the booming chants throughout the encounter.

So when the attendance was revealed and it was 59,215, there were plenty of puzzled looks exchanged around the ground.

That number is of course almost 3,000 short of the 62,062-seater capacity at the new stadium and led to outcry on social media from those who couldn't get a ticket for the match.

However, tickets for the game were completely sold out.

One factor which bought the number down was the segregation between the home fans and the set of away supporters in the north east corner of the ground.

The other reason was that apparently some season ticket holders for one reason or another did not show for the big occasion.

One point worth noting is that with the capacity being 62,062 and segregation between both sets of fans being in place for every competitive game, the stadium is never actually going to hold 62,000 fans for a competitive encounter.

You might wonder why there's not a gap for segregation rather than seats but of course the number of opposition fans allowed inside the stadium may increase or decrease for certain cup competitions and there is no segregation for NFL games.

So, almost 3000 season ticket holders didn't show up? Sounds weird to me.

13bd4e58788870475e3217115e146ddb.jpg

92624da035eca3218fcb74035e69fd5d.jpg

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

First chance to comment (getting to bed at 04:00 ain't conducive to early posting). Overall feeling last night was a bit "Meh!" to be honest, which I know flies in the face of most other peoples experience. But that was last night and I think it will get a lot better as time goes on, much like Wembley improved as people found their feet (but without the fall back resulting from having to spend a second season there).

My thoughts for what they're worth:

• We're home!
  • We got the result!
  • Getting there and back - piece o' p!ss. Despite having to let 7 full tube-trains go before being able to get on one at Kings Cross and the mile & a half schlepp from Seven Sisters, far far quicker than getting to Wembley. Same going back, without the 7 full tube-trains. TOP TIP! Don't queue in the cycle-lane, as directed, at Seven Sisters. Walk down the side and cross the road as the lights change and walk into the station ;) though I'm sure they'll put a stop to this soon :rolleyes::(.
  • Getting in and out - piece o' p!ss. Despite concerns about the airport style arches (may change when everybody reverts to turning up 15 mins before kick-off)
  • Queues for beer/food - Not that bad overall. Teething problems with equipment/beer supplies should work themselves out overtime. And show me somewhere you don't have to queue for a beer and I'll show you somewhere you really don't want to be.
  • Beer's cheap and a good range. (Mince and Onion pies are cheap for a reason though, avoid :()
  • Atmosphere - Not the best ever (although the lads round me were doing their best) but again this will improve once the novelty of the new ground wears off and we get back to the real purpose of turning up i.e. supporting the team.
  • Nice to see the amount of people returning to the bar after the game. Now I've got a better idea of timings, think I'll try this (better an hour at the ground than kicking my heels at Kings Cross).
So why "Meh!"?

• Stadium really is the best of the best and a game changer. The love and attention to detail Levy has put into it should not be understimated. BUT I wasn't completely blown away on first sight like I thought I would be :(. Not the stadium's fault, mine (and Chris Cowling/MrAV's). I've pored over every stage of this build, from live feeds of council planning meetings to Levy having a pint at the bar with the guy from Beavertown. I sort of know it too well already.
  • For all the talk of "Unrivalled views and sight-lines" my seat is sh!t :mad:. I've posted AuroRaman's pictures 'cos he appears to be sat just in front of me. Except I'm a couple of rows back and to the left as you look out. The crossbar and top of the net are right in my "sight-line" to the point where I can quite literally see only the right-hand half of the pitch. The lads to my left were complaining about it too (and they were generally positive, happy i.e. p!ssed up and singing their hearts out). Good job the screens are so big. On top of the that we've got a Giant C0ck dripping on our heads :rolleyes:
So will I go again? Hell yeh! Roll on Tuesday!:D

Tbh I think the problem is the stadium has been hyped up for so long when you end up going the likelihood is you're always going to be slightly less amazed by it all than you thought you would be. Its a great stadium, and has definitely kept the feel of WHL which is fantastic. But in reality it is just another new modern stadium, and if you have been to a few of the newer built stadiums it isn't exactly in a different realm to them no matter how much anyone wants to hype it up. But it is ours, and we are home so happy days.....

My thoughts on the stadium

Getting there was no different to normal. I did have a 3-hour delay as I was stuck on the M1 due to an overturned car. i was going mental! didnt think id make it in time. I was coming from Northampton has i had a meeting there. Id usually travel from Hertfordshire. Then it was tinkling down and my usual car park space is no longer available due to restrictions.

First impressions were - wow! what I love about it is the stands feels very enclosed in! I really enjoyed the opening ceremony and it got me up for it (AFTER BEING IN A MOOD) I sit in the single tier stand row 42. 10 rows down and it would be perfect. Still a lovely view but would be nice to be a bit lower down. The atmosphere was great to begin with, but it soon died down. Doesn't help that the game was a bit brick and nothing much was happening. The team needs to find its feet anyway, so a difficult situation.

They need to keep the scoreboards one colour. i think its too distracting during the game.

I tried to get a pizza at half time but the ques were a joke, so i gave up.

At full time, i got out pretty quick and sprinted back to the car. I was out of the area in a matter of minutes. Got home within 35 mins. Helps that it's a night game and fewer non spurs traffic on the road.

Today, im reflecting on the stadium and i can't wait to go back again.

Back