• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We need to get this sorted in days rather than weeks, we're a rudderless ship right now. We can't afford to wait until after the World Cup.
Top four is hard enough without starting the season on the back foot, surely we've learnt from previous seasons? We have to hit the ground running in August.

We need to get this sorted in days rather than weeks, we're a rudderless ship right now. We can't afford to wait until after the World Cup.
Top four is hard enough without starting the season on the back foot, surely we've learnt from previous seasons? We have to hit the ground running in August.

You do know that Franco Baldini is the Sporting Director and that we're recruiting for the position of Head Coach, NOT Manager? We're far from rudderless right now.

Who would Real Madrid be looking at if Ancelotti was to get the boot? (Even though I don't think he is)

Wouldn't Marca being spouting off rumours already

Who would Real Madrid be looking at if Ancelotti was to get the boot? (Even though I don't think he is)

It's precisely this reason why I don't think he'll get the boot. Can't see an obvious candidate for Real out there and they went through a big season of upheaval, recruiting several players. The way they devastated Bayern in the semis IMO shows that if they give Ancelotti time he could lead them to another Galactico era of dominance.

Van Gaal at Utd, mourinho at Chelski, Wenger at Arsanal, Pellegrini at City..............just think, De Boer at Tottenham. His name kinda fits in nicely with those other 4. There is a presence, an air of success about him.

can we have a new poll please, with just De Boer and Poch. I think we can rule out the other names now

Which jobs are available?

He'd take 6-12 months off and take the next babysitting superstars job that comes up - Monaco, Bayern, even back to Chelsea.

Nothing will be done until after the world cup.

No chance. I'm confident we'll have a manager (Poch) by Friday at the latest, as everyone in football not involved in the WC is hitting the Caribbean for a fortnight from this weekend.

Zidane is supposed to be next in line.

But I agree. The barometer of Ancelotti's availability was what United's intelligence turned up. He's staying at Madrid whatever happens against Athletico.

Van Gaal at Utd, mourinho at Chelski, Wenger at Arsanal, Pellegrini at City..............just think, De Boer at Tottenham. His name kinda fits in nicely with those other 4. There is a presence, an air of success about him.

Not really. FdB's reputation comes mainly from his playing career. He's an early career coach, whereas the others are 15-20 years older than him and have managed across the continent (and weren't successful players).

It's like comparing Lamela to Suarez, RvP and Aguero (and I think Lamela will be great btw).

You do know that Franco Baldini is the Sporting Director and that we're recruiting for the position of Head Coach, NOT Manager? We're far from rudderless right now.

Is Baldini going to take the first few pre-season sessions then? :lol:

We are still rudderless(ish). Baldini doesn't really do anything else other than sign players. Sherwood said on Goals on Sunday that him and the manager identify a list of players, the manager may not get his first choice, or second choice sometimes its a third choice. No player is signed without the sanctioning of the manager.

So either Baldini and Levy will take the risk and work to sign some players now in the hope that the manager will rate them, or they will wait till a manager is in place, if a manager isn't in place until after the world cup we have barely any time to sign and integrate them with the squad.

Not really. FdB's reputation comes mainly from his playing career. He's an early career coach, whereas the others are 15-20 years older than him and have managed across the continent (and weren't successful players).

It's like comparing Lamela to Suarez, RvP and Aguero (and I think Lamela will be great btw).

So winning 4 titles in a row at a club that had not won a title for 7 year's is not success ?

Ok ill bite ,I suppose a highest ever finish of 8th is right up there with the greats ?

I'm not ****ging poch off but I still don't get it I hope he is as hood as you think because just like when most spurs fans thought avb was the messiah I thought train wreck
I suppose at least this time I don’t think he is as bad and can live with it if he gets the job

No chance. I'm confident we'll have a manager (Poch) by Friday at the latest, as everyone in football not involved in the WC is hitting the Caribbean for a fortnight from this weekend.

Agreed, about us not waiting until after the World Cup (I have no idea about Friday at the latest).

So winning 4 titles in a row at a club that had not won a title for 7 year's is not success ?

Ok ill bite ,I suppose a highest ever finish of 8th is right up there with the greats ?

I'm not ****ging poch off but I still don't get it I hope he is as hood as you think because just like when most spurs fans thought avb was the messiah I thought train wreck
I suppose at least this time I don’t think he is as bad and can live with it if he gets the job

You seem to be arguing against opinions that don't exist. I would suggest you re-read GB's post and the post he quoted.

Where in Gutter's post did he say that FdB hadn't had success? Where in his post did he say that finishing 8th put Poch "right up there with the greats"?

What he said was that he doesn't categorize FdB up there with LvG, Mourinho, Wenger and Pellegrini.

FdB has the success from a playing career and managerial career.....that makes him a bit special

Is Baldini going to take the first few pre-season sessions then? :lol:

We are still rudderless(ish). Baldini doesn't really do anything else other than sign players. Sherwood said on Goals on Sunday that him and the manager identify a list of players, the manager may not get his first choice, or second choice sometimes its a third choice. No player is signed without the sanctioning of the manager.

So either Baldini and Levy will take the risk and work to sign some players now in the hope that the manager will rate them, or they will wait till a manager is in place, if a manager isn't in place until after the world cup we have barely any time to sign and integrate them with the squad.

Baldini was England assistant manager for 4 years - I'm sure he could dust off the tracksuit if need be! Remember Freund is still in post too and has been our assistant manager for 2 years.

I think we would sign players without a coach in place if need be. It's useful when a coach can input into transfers, but his job is really to forge the components he's given into a cohesive unit. He's inheriting 25 players, so 1 being different doesn't make that much difference in the grand scheme.

Dnipro said back in March that we were in advanced talks for Konoplyanka. I don't think that was someone being signed specifically with Timmeh, LvG, FdB or Poch in mind. He's just a great player, in a position we are weak in, with a favourable contract situation.

Even while contract/compensation talks are ongoing, we'd still be able to get input from a prospective coach. The same as AVB giving his blessing to Siggy and Verts signings when we were in this exact same position 23 months ago.

I wasn't championing Poch. I was saying FdB is a long way off the calibre of Mourinho, Pellegrini, LvG and Wenger.

For me there's absolutely nothing between Poch and FdB. I don't even have a preferred choice. But I'm very confident it will be Poch, so I'm getting used to the idea.

Agreed, about us not waiting until after the World Cup (I have no idea about Friday at the latest).

You seem to be arguing against opinions that don't exist. I would suggest you re-read GB's post and the post he quoted.

Where in Gutter's post did he say that FdB hadn't had success? Where in his post did he say that finishing 8th put Poch "right up there with the greats"?

What he said was that he doesn't categorize FdB up there with LvG, Mourinho, Wenger and Pellegrini.

I only said Friday because I know this weekend is the big exodus for holidays.

And yes - thanks, that was my point.

FdB has the success from a playing career and managerial career.....that makes him a bit special

There's actually a theory that the best players don't make good coaches. The best coaches are actually the mediocre journeymen players. Because they understand how to improve those with limitations, whereas naturally gifted players just get frustrated when players can't do/see the things that they used to be able to (Hoddle the textbook example).

I still don't get why that makes him special.

If it's true (as GB claims) that none of those 4 top managers at the 4 top clubs had massive success as players why would we think "what we need is someone that had success as a player"?

I would take konoplonka if we get rid of chadli, sigg, and holtby

Holtby and Chadli I think will have bright futures under the new coach. I agree about Siggy though - I just don't think it is going to happen for him.

Part of the reason we need Kono is to rebalance. We have 3 RWF (Lamela, Lennon and Townsend) and only 1 LWF (Chadli). For me it is Siggy + one of Lennon or Townsend that needs to make way for him or equivalent.

I still don't get why that makes him special.

If it's true (as GB claims) that none of those 4 top managers at the 4 top clubs had massive success as players why would we think "what we need is someone that had success as a player"?

he has had success at both playing and managerial levels, surely it cant be a bad thing. He has a lot of top level experience to offer, he has been in winning dressing rooms at CL and domestic level. Over 100 caps at international level, Im not saying its a pre-requisite, just that its an amazing amount of knowledge that our players can only benefit from. What is wrong with that.

Back