• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
I thought Bassong was excellent the season we first finished 4th, he grew and grew through the year and by the end I was thinking we may have found another King.

I dont really understand why he just got bombed out to be honest. Gallas did a fine job, I accept that, but it seemed unecessary to me...

outstanding that year. His performance against Chelsea when we beat them 2-1 is one of the best centre half performances of the year, actually felt like we had King at the back, never seen anyone have Drogba in his pocket so easily.

I also remember a game we played Liverpool and Bassong kept up with Torres like it was nothing.

outstanding that year. His performance against Chelsea when we beat them 2-1 is one of the best centre half performances of the year, actually felt like we had King at the back, never seen anyone have Drogba in his pocket so easily.

I also remember a game we played Liverpool and Bassong kept up with Torres like it was nothing.

He reminds me a lot of Bambi though, same lapses in concentration. Keep him switched on and he can be top drawer, but how do you do that?

dont know about that, all I can remember Bassong being is a liability at the back whenever he came on. Even on loan at Wolves he was shocking

What do you mean "even at wolves" as if it's a hard task playing badly as a cb in that shower of brick team.

Anyway i disagree with your opinion that Bassong was a liability for us whenever he came on. Actually if i'm being totally honest i think that opinion is rather weird to say the least.

He reminds me a lot of Bambi though, same lapses in concentration. Keep him switched on and he can be top drawer, but how do you do that?

Play him!?

It comes with age/games/experience doesnt it? In the season he played regularly I thought he improved immeasurably. I wonder what would have happened if he got another full season of regular games?

Gallas isn't definately leaving and even if he was we'd still not need 2 cb's.

Kaboul
new cb
Dawson
Caulker
King or Gallas (one will stay imo)

and Bassong hasn't even left yet although you'd assume he will soon.

Gk isn't essential either this season. 2 strikers and a CB is essential, a right winger/right sided forward is also something we should certainly be looking at too, and of course replacements for Modders and/or VDV if they leave.

I agree there are priorities.

I was responding to the suggestion that the squad was baically there and a couple of signing should have us challenging for the title, (as per Harry's ridiculous utterances)

Play him!?

It comes with age/games/experience doesnt it? In the season he played regularly I thought he improved immeasurably. I wonder what would have happened if he got another full season of regular games?

Exactly!

At the end of the day people criticising Bassong are those basing in on one or two games he played poorly in. Yet people love Kaboul. Kaboul was everything people are now describing Bassong as. He was then played consistantly, obviously getting older now and we are seeing the best of Younes Kaboul.

After a season and a half without any sort of regular games, going into a rudderless team in free fall? Honestly I dont know - but Im guessing its a pretty meaningless point to raise.

How did he do at Spurs when we finished 4th for the first time in our history with a record breaking back 4?

After a season and a half without any sort of regular games, going into a rudderless team in free fall? Honestly I dont know - but Im guessing its a pretty meaningless point to raise.

How did he do at Spurs when we finished 4th for the first time in our history with a record breaking back 4?

He's brick.

That's why the likes of Wolves are interested and not anyone top half.

Play him!?

Yeah, I'm not sure mate. I'd be happy to see him given a run but concentration problems don't tend to go away from what I've seen. Like I say, Gardner could have been a good defender if not for those lapses and I reckon Bramble falls into that category as well.

What do you mean "even at wolves" as if it's a hard task playing badly as a cb in that shower of brick team.

Anyway i disagree with your opinion that Bassong was a liability for us whenever he came on. Actually if i'm being totally honest i think that opinion is rather weird to say the least.

why is that weird? Im just saying I dont think hes a good player and when he came on he was a liability. yep, you are right. thats weird.

Back