• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Season.

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
I'd like to think that with a couple going out in January and a few stop gap signings coming in that we will see a bit more activity in the summer window especially if we have CL money too. A couple of questions...

Does Adebayor go back to City or do we try to sign him on a permanent?

Will Modric become vocal and tell the world his desire to leave us?

Who do we need to bring in?

Has Friedel another year in him?

Personally, my answers are: Send him back, yes, striker and right winger and yes.

Also really hope to see Caulker feature next season and hope Livermore continues his run in our midfield too.

In a nutshell

I think Ade would go back and seek a move to Italy or Spain - i.e. wages factor. Unless of course he willing to earn a third of his current pay and stay with us

Modric - the saga would continue and we might cash in this time. Which would prove this is (and always has been) about wages and very little about trophies

Striker, Winger, Keeper and a CB would be essential.

e.g.

Llorente
Krasic
Samba
Mihaylov

Keep Modric, Bale, Lennon at all costs.
Keep Adebayor if he agrees a sensible wage.
Keep Friedel but need to go big for Tim Krul - Saudi Sportswashing Machine shouldnt sell but greedy Ashley will.
Find this new world class striker.
Lift title in May.

Try to sign him. But probably fail.
If we finish 3rd or above no. If we finish below Chelsea but still 4th, maybe. Out of top 4, definitely.
Another striker on top of Adebayor. A right winger or preferably one who can play both sides). A centreback. Young keeper.
Yes, but bring in the young keeper to bed in over the summer.

And yep, would love to see Caulker back, starting to feature. Livermore and maybe Naughton too.

What clubs out there would be willing to pay Ade more than us? Only "project" clubs like Getafe and Malaga would be my guess.

The Modric thing might go on, but Chelsea are out of it now you'd think, especially if we're offering him a new contract of ?ú100K a week. Only a handful of clubs in contention I think, but it all depends on his Danchev agent.

Well he goes back to Emirates Marketing Project when his loan deal ends whilst we we either try and sign him back on loan again or we try and negotiate a deal that's right for him and the club. Maybe we'll splash the cash on wages for him or maybe he'll take a cut, either way I think we'll try to sign him on a permanent, especially if we won't look or get someone in who is an improvement on him.

Unless it's Man Utd he say's what he wants to go to, I don't think he'll be anything like he was last summer. He is surely seeing how poor Chelsea are this year and how we've come leaps and bounds from last season. Next year, we could potentially be in the Champions League (he must remember last time we were in it) and fighting for the title all season, I think he'd be a fool to want to love at the moment.

I think we need to bring in a goalkeeper, a centre half (maybe Steven Caulker can act like a new signing), a winger for either side preferably who can play both sides (Hoillett would be perfect on a free) and a striker.

I honestly believe he's got another two!

I think we'll sign him, reasonable wages + signing on fee

Most probably. But we'll keep him unless we finish outside the top 4.

Remy/Hazard and Rossi/Leandro. GK can wait aslong as we're actively on the look out for a long term option, would love Krul but he'd cost a bomb now and with Friedel still here for another year we'd have a bit of a problem. Caulker replaces Nelsen. If Gallas goes(I know he has another year) then bring in Vertonghen.

Easily I reckon.

What clubs out there would be willing to pay Ade more than us? Only "project" clubs like Getafe and Malaga would be my guess.

The Modric thing might go on, but Chelsea are out of it now you'd think, especially if we're offering him a new contract of ?ú100K a week. Only a handful of clubs in contention I think, but it all depends on his Danchev agent.

if Mourinho ends up at City he will stay there as Mourinho is a fan. If not, im sure Liverpool and Chelsea will be on the lookout for a new big striker and they both have the financial resources to pay Ade far more than we can afford. Inter, Juve and PSG will also be sniffing around imv

we should have tried to do a permanent deal for Ade this Jan just gone

Ignoring your questions (because i can) I think the major issue this summer is going to be the manager.

What i would want to happen is at the end of the premiership season, the FA go and sign someone to be the manager after Capello has finished his stint. Just so whoever ends up losing their manager, harry leaving is a huge possibility, can leave their club and they can get someone else in.

After all, it's going to be a chaotic window, as Daniel Levy do you grant Redknapp huge transfer funs? Knowing that he is probably going to be gone to become the next england manager? Or do you wait until after the euros to wait and see what happens, potentially losing out on some early deals?

Also really hope to see Caulker feature next season and hope Livermore continues his run in our midfield too.

Id like to sign Ade. I think if Tottenham becomes his true home, we will all benefit.

I think Modric will say the same things sadly, but maybe a little more subtle. I think he's stay though, and be ok. If he did leave, Id like to see us deploy Hudd, rather than try to replace Modric. We cant really, that I can think of anyway. Id also like us to got for Tim Cahill if he left....could be interesting.

Definately need to blood a new keeper. Brad may be ok, but age catches up on everyone. Krul, Bogdan or Al Habsi?

Id also like to see us make a "cheeky bid" for Welbeck

i cant see the FA announcing the new England manager until after the Euros which of course will cause major uncertainty and disruption to our close season as we wont be able to go for players we want until we know for sure who will be our manager

of course Levy wont mind as he loves doing business towards the last hours of any transfer window

If Modric does still want to go to Chelsea, i'd def try and use him as part of a deal to bring Torres to WHL. The guy needs a new club and a different manager to regain his former self. If Harry is with us, he's the man

If Modric does still want to go to Chelsea, i'd def try and use him as part of a deal to bring Torres to WHL. The guy needs a new club and a different manager to regain his former self. If Harry is with us, he's the man

Torres likes stepping up to champions league clubs doesn't he? Though his wages would never meet our demands.

he will go back. We cannot afford him and from what he says he isnt prepared to take a significant drop in salary

probably so. Hasnt signed the new contract on offer, still get the feeling he wants to play for a supposed top team. Been at Spurs 4 years and may want a change of scenery as well as a mega salary

Llorente, Rossi, Affelay, Samba (If Modric leaves we should try for Llorente's teammate Javi Martinez )

most def

if we want a good goalie then Handanovic from Udinese is the man

Back