• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

It's 36 minutes long, so have only fast forwarded to see a few random clips. It's from his time at Shaktar, May 2019, cameras followed him for a week (the week leading up to their CL game against City). Looks like it might be an interesting insight if one has the time to spare.

Has it really been a joke or has it just been opportunistic? I think the idea was always to get a DoF and then manager who he could work with. What with Poch and Conte becoming (potentially) available we’d have been stupid not to at least contact them though wouldn’t we?

If that makes the process a joke then I’m fine with that tbh.

So it's feelings that matter over reality?

Genuinely don’t get the point that you’re making?

Are you saying that I’m saying my feelings are hurt over not getting Poch? Or are you saying it’s my feeling we leaked the stories rather than the reality?

Excited? Not at all. This guy seems like the bargain bin choice to me, a journeyman that Roma sacked because they felt Mourinho could do a better job - that's not a glowing set of credentials. Roma fans are also divided on him - some felt he was unlucky, some thought he was thoroughly useless. And he finished 7th and got spanked by f*cking OGS - if you're outthought and outplayed to the extent of shipping six goals to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's team, you are not a good coach. Both his stints with clubs roughly our size, Porto and Roma, have also ended in failure.

If he ends up our manager, I'll support him - he's our coach, after all. And in the end, whatever his flaws, he's not an odious c*nt like Mourinho. So just for being a decent person, he'll have my acceptance and my sympathy for taking on a difficult job under the lying c*nt of a chairman and owner we have the misfortune to be lumbered with.

But am I excited by this bargain basement choice? Nah. At best, he has my sympathy, and I hope he does well in spite of his lack of talent and similarities with Christian Gross.

I think to be fair, the combo of Paratici and Fons means we are probably paying a decent of salary to the two of them. So it’s not that he is the cheap option in and of himself.

But it’s where we are as a club. I’m not sure I can think of a more expensive option that is realistic that I could obviously see doing better, given our constraints? Maybe ETH? Would he be that much more proven? That much more likely to guarantee success? I’m not sure.

Genuinely don’t get the point that you’re making?

Are you saying that I’m saying my feelings are hurt over not getting Poch? Or are you saying it’s my feeling we leaked the stories rather than the reality?
I'm saying the the only thing leaking stories (if we did) actually made happen, was for you to believe we were getting Poch and then get disappointed when we didn't.

Nothing actually happened as a result of it, nothing changed, no effect was caused.

I'm saying the the only thing leaking stories (if we did) actually made happen, was for you to believe we were getting Poch and then get disappointed when we didn't.

Nothing actually happened as a result of it, nothing changed, no effect was caused.

There’s a real embrace of ‘fans have no power, bow down to the owners’ thing on this board I don’t quite get. It’s like some people - fans themselves - actually revel in the idea that they don’t have any power to influence anything at all. I firstly don’t think it’s true but secondly, we certainly don’t need to act so subservient to people that need our support and engagement.

So if we accept leaks happened on a pretty suspicious week, I agree with you that practically speaking nothing has changed. But it is the very idea that the fan base would be manipulated by the club into thinking something was happening when it wasn’t, rather than the ‘something happening’ itself. It’s the club’s action that annoys me. If the leaks weren’t coming from the Spurs side, I would have let it go long ago because there’s nothing to be done about it, and the club I support weren’t trying to take us for a ride.

There’s a real embrace of ‘fans have no power, bow down to the owners’ thing on this board I don’t quite get. It’s like some people - fans themselves - actually revel in the idea that they don’t have any power to influence anything at all. I firstly don’t think it’s true but secondly, we certainly don’t need to act so subservient to people that need our support and engagement.

So if we accept leaks happened on a pretty suspicious week, I agree with you that practically speaking nothing has changed. But it is the very idea that the fan base would be manipulated by the club into thinking something was happening when it wasn’t, rather than the ‘something happening’ itself. It’s the club’s action that annoys me. If the leaks weren’t coming from the Spurs side, I would have let it go long ago because there’s nothing to be done about it, and the club I support weren’t trying to take us for a ride.
It's what happens in cults, it's an acceptance of your place and acquiescence to the leaders authority and leadership.

Let's apply worst case scenario.

Let's assume that those fans were somehow duped into renewing season tickets they otherwise might not have, or bought a shirt they hadn't planned to.

That means more money to the club, that's better for the club and increases our chances of winning stuff.

Let's apply worst case scenario.

Let's assume that those fans were somehow duped into renewing season tickets they otherwise might not have, or bought a shirt they hadn't planned to.

That means more money to the club, that's better for the club and increases our chances of winning stuff.

Yet yesterday you were saying the fans money generates a pittance ....

Yes the only positive

there is no evidence that Levy has stepped back
It seems like the incoming DOF has picked the coach so yes that’s a positive move

no evidence yet that the DOF will be able to rebuild given our financial situation

I don’t know enough about this coach but yes he seems to be committed to attacking football but outside of Ukraine his record is extremly underwhelming, Ossie played great attacking football but ultimately I didn’t enjoy it because we lost more than we won, so time will tell
He won two trophies in Portugal, one was the charity shield equivalent with Porto and the other was a cup with Braga. The rest were in Ukraine, if he were to take over Spurs at the time Poch was taking over you could make a case that they were on par but not now.

look I’d love the guy to succeed, but given his records and the constraints he will work under with our ownership, I genuinely don’t see it.

Back