• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New music?

Absolutely but I was more referring to how easy it is to now listen to music that in the past was only ever played by the likes of John Peel. The only way I was hearing stuff I now love was by hanging out in record shops like Sister Ray or Rough Trade back in the 90s.

it is hard to convey what a difference there is now. Finding new music was a mission! Maybe you’d catch something on a pirate station or go to a little record shop where the guy behind the counter was like a zen master who could put you onto new records. Or you’d have to order something at Our Price

Now…totally totally different. As a result I think people are processing and filtering all the good stuff from the past 100 years of music. There is less new genres and more looking back now than when we grew up.

That's so cool. I grew up around the sound system vibe, my mum's work was in Streatham and she was this
Sexy blond driving a MGB roof down with me in the back and that whole Brixton to Streatham high road was sound systems.
I used to go to the Deptford free festival every year, had some great sound systems.

that is another major change in London - there used to be all manor of empty buildings no one cared about. Streets around places like Finsbury Park with only half the houses lived in. Warehouses, old pubs or libraries would host sound systems. Remember the first big one I went to around 15 years old. Gabba techno the music was shocking really, repetitive hard unrelenting. Hehe. Half the fun was the old buildings they were in and the mix of people. London has lost most of that (crustiness!). Nothing stays the same - thankfully.

Dub Vendor in Clapham Junction, might still be there idk, was a favourite record shop. Have a collection of 45s from there I rarely play but cherish.

But can you do a decent wonderwall cover? (That was a joke).

Great stuff though mate, don’t want to reduce it to what it reminds me of but I’m hearing bits of fourtet/ flying lotus / boards of Canada in there. Actors and Actresses really has that mesmerising nostalgic feeling that music can bring on.

Ah, thanks, mate, that's lovely to hear. :) appreciate it!

Can't embed this as a direct link because these guys are just too crafty. First track released from their new album due out July 15.

Ridiculously talented group. If you liked Steely Dan, you'll love what they do. Still a bit of a cult following but they aren't looking to be pin-up boys. The musicians are all well employed as studio and tour musicians. This is their high-end side hustle. They've got plenty of tracks on youtube.

The Future Is Almost Gone - YouTube Music

Last edited:
Watched that, and I thought Wet Leg and Obongjayar were great, but couldn't understand why that blues artist got so much airtime, looked like Jools didn't even want him there. Skipped episode 2, as I saw Liam Gallagher was involved, but episode 3 was utter brick.
The blues guy Joe Bonamassa and Jools are very long time friends, probably had something to do with it.

New Kendrick Lamar album out - Incredible stuff, as always he is on a much deeper level lyrically than your "Look at my money cars and bitches" trashy hip hop. Goes in to homophobia within the culture, plays out a domestic conflict to a level where it's intentionally (imo) uncomfortable to listen to amongst other subjects. Throughout the record there's some sublime piano as well.

He's announced a tour and of all the possible artists to see live K-dot is high up the list but I have made myself regrettably skint this month.

These guys makes some wonderfully catchy tunes. I think this is my summer track for the year. :)

Or maybe this one.

Jungle are great live too
They remind me of zero7 with a range of singers sometimes but the same set up and structure

Do you remember the audio? Not yet stereo? (That's how the future used to sound)

Use your digit to dig it, punch the pre-sets. If you like Steely Dan, you'll enjoy Monkey House.

Seeing these sharp, snappy cats on Saturday on the heels of their great new album release. Like their last album, Friday, this one will likely hit the top of the jazz charts shortly but it's really pop music for those who aren't afraid of jazz. And vice versa.

Last edited:
Back