• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New music?

So I made the mistake of trying to watch the Isle of Wight highlights and discovered something called a George Ezra. What in the actual fudge is that badly packed condom of lard doing on stage and, quite seriously, what is wrong with his voice? Was he in some kind of accident as a child or is he just one of those mild learning difficulties ones?

I was for many years, an absolute music enthusiast and collector. I started out a a Motown collector buying my first piece of vinyl aged 10 in 1974 and rapidly progressed to collecting all and any kind of soul, jazz, Jazz funk, disco etc. I've also always had a passion for the singer songwriter genre, Neil Young, Dylan, Cat Stevens as well as liking some rock and new wave and general pop. Long story short. I sold my vinyl collection ( some 12000 discs) when my son was born and we emigrated 15 years ago and am only now getting the time to listen to music again. I'm really struggling with finding new music that I enjoy. I don't like a lot of what I hear, yet I find myself craving new music. The only band that I have come across that I remotely like is The Killers who I think are absolutely terrific. So suggestions please. I could use some help here after being out of the loop so long. The only genres that I don't really like are Thrash metal and Punk.

I was also a serious collector in my younger days, but sold virtually all of my collection (to dealers, worse still) in the mid - late 90's. A terrible, irreparable mistake...

@Yermiyahu .... First off, I read your post in the City OMT.... so hoping you're making a speedy recovery...

I've been listening to Angus and Julia Stone this evening, tunes such as these...

If you want to skip their chit chat in between tracks, just click into the description box under the video for the timeline of the tracks...

Caught this outfit in Toronto earlier in the summer. Fun show, accomplished musicians.

They're not new. Crank out an album every 3-4 years. A party favourite for the past few years:

Last edited:
People who claim 'nothing new is good any more' are typically bitter old clams who have given up on life.

I've named ten great bands/acts off the top of my head making music today or very recently. There are hundreds more.

Mogwai
Spoon
Pavement
The National
Pond
Kurt Vile
Angel Olsen
Mastodon
Electric Wizard
Red Fang

Don't get me wrong I love old music too and appreciate classics like Tom Waits, The Clash, Bad Brains, The Who etc. But to claim no good new music is being made is just plain lazy and wrong.

Agree, If it's too loud, you are too old.

Problem now is you have to look a little deeper for better music, a lot of the mainstream stuff is just manufactured, over produced formula that has been proven to get play time.

Take some advice - buy a subscription streaming music service and listen to a bunch of new/random stuff, you will find a bit out there

This kid is amazing! 19 years old (21 now). Incredible voice, and he writes everything himself, and plays most instruments on his albums. Well worth a listen.
His falsetto at the end is pretty impressive!

Last edited:
As I'm trying to get better at self promotion, PFA my facebook music page type thing for my current ventures.

Been busking in my local town centre following the hand getting better, it's been nice. More vids coming up, often wearing various Spurs kits from the ages :D

https://www.facebook.com/ElPres61music

As with anything on here, fair play if people would like to take the tinkle but it'd be sweet if anyone can "like" it or whatever if you catch a vibe. Honestly it's legit cool to make a bit of a living from this rather than some of the alternatives.

https://fb.watch/2fFGXOs0Jd/

Back