• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Negredo v Soldado

mattls

Stephane Dalmat
I remember back in January there was alot of rumours going around that we might buy Negredo. I for one was getting v excited as i'd seen this guy play alot for Sevilla and if we'd brought him in i'm sure we probably would have taken 4th spot this year but thats all in the passed.

It seems a big shame that we never got him because he's taken to the premier league like a duck to water but champions league football took him out of our grasp. I know he's playing with probably one of the most creative players next to him in Aguero but its clear so far out of City and Spurs who got the better Spaniard. A few people in the media have actually said maybe we didnt get the right man in the summer as Soldado does play very like Defoe so why didnt we go for someone in a different mould? Llorente or Negredo would have been my first choices but they went to clubs in the champs league but none the less i was happy to Soldado arrive at Spurs having seen him play for Valencia and Spain.

However, i have faith in Soldado as it's very early days, i do think the supply to him has been poor and he's playing with with his back to goal when he's used to having balls played through to him in a new system. Just wondered what we can learn from the Negredo and Aguero partnership.. Too me it's crying out for AVB to consistently play Eriksen next to him so they gain an understanding and give him more support. They need to play the next 5 games together imo, even try them both against Sheirff..

Also i dont see why AVB cant try Soldado with Ade upfront in the euro games and at least try and see if 2 upfront at home works as a plan b because at the moment AVB gets to 70 mins at home and then changes to 2 upfront. Defoe and Soldado doesnt work as they are too alike so why not at least Ade rather than having him sat their earning 100k a week and doing f-all.

Last edited:
It would nice to see some explosiveness from Soldado on or around the edge of the box. This poaching business and waiting for balls to feet in the area just aren't happening.

Get the ball, drop and shoulder and have a fcuking crack!

Really it's clear? you think Soldado won't have scored more in a team with Aguero, Nasri, Toure, Navas?

AND .. it's worth knowing that despite banging them in for fun .. City is BELOW us in the PL table ....

Soldado will come good the minute he gets service, simple ...

I believe that to thrive in the PL as a lone striker you have to be strong, have a decent technique and poses an aerial threat like Benteke, Lukaku, Negredo, Dzeko, Giroud and Michu or be incredibly skilled with quick feet like Suarez, Rooney, Aguero, Tevez, RvP, Sturridge etc. In my opinion Soldado is neither and would probably be better playing with a partner up front in 3-5-2 or 4-4-2.

I think Soldado will be better than what he has shown us so far but I don't think he'll be the right type of striker for a side challenging for the title.

if Negredo had signed for Spurs he would have had the same problems Soldado is having

we signed an excellent striker but for a variety of reasons we are not getting the best out of him

Well he does have one advantage, we would be able to whip in crosses where he actually might have the chance to win the header. It's not my intention to slate Soldado as a player because obviously he has proven he's a great finisher in La Liga, I just don't see his type of striker thriving in the Premier League although I would love to be proved wrong.

As a striker he reminds me of strikers like Shevchenko and Pavlyuchenko who are not particular fast, skilled, strong or good headers but are just old fashioned strikers who are lethal in the box. The way the Premier League is played nowadays I just fail to see this kind of striker succeed.

Negredo is fantastic. Proper beast. Soldado isn't built for prem footy. His physique is really weird

It's hard scoring goals when your team provides you with 1 clear cut chance every 5 games or so. Negredo would be having the exact same problems here and Soldado would be scoring goals galore at City.

Negredo is fantastic. Proper beast. Soldado isn't built for prem footy. His physique is really weird

His physique only seems weird to you because you're so used to w4nking over pictures of Carzorla - he's not normal, he's just fat.

I've watched La Liga pretty closely and it is my opinion that Soldado is better than Negredo. Remeber except for this game last night he has only scored once for Emirates Marketing Project this season, it's not a stat to go wild about and say what a great player he is for city. Furthermore Spurs are WAY more of a defensive side that city ( i just want to say that and not say they have better players in midfield and play with 2 strikers and not with 2 defensive midfielders). Anyone except for maybe Ibrahimovic and players like him would have had a tough time at Spurs at the moment. Ain't defending Soldado, it's just common sense, Soldado has taken his penalties and I think he has not been weak. Maybe could have gotten more out of the few chances he has had, but to say Negredo would have done more is going waaay to far...

Surely you must also take into consideration Man Citys overall offensive play/quality vs ours?

Back