1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Sissoko

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 31 Aug 2016.

1. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Niko Kranjcar

I was said after the game that, at least, the usual suspects would not possibly try to spacegoat Sissoko for a goal that was singularly down to Sanchez tinkle-poor positioning and ball watching.

I should have known better....

2. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

The guy had the absolute freedom of our penalty area. In no world is that down to Sissoko.

3. Cochise

Cochise Steve Carr

So ignoring all those at fault is how I should continue?

4. Maltese Falcon

Of course not... haven't seen any posts from you on the Sanchez thread. Please be my guest...

5. scaramanga

scaramanga Vivian Woodward Staff Member

I don't think it was Sissoko's fault any more than the goal that was Sissoko's fault was Eriksen's.

But.if you blame Eriksen for the one that was Sissoko's fault, you have to blame Sissoko for that one.

6. Maltese Falcon

Completely different scenarios...

The City goal was created by impressive overloads down the left through Sterling and Gundogan as well as immaculate timing of their runs following a worldie accurate cross at tremendous pace; it could only have been prevented if the cross was stopped.

The Newcastle goal came from a lone attacker in the penalty box, at the end of a butt average looping cross and only happened because Sanchez fell asleep and left the player he should have been marking alone in the penalty box - a mortal sin that he does game after game. It would have been easily avoided had he simply followed his man and not got caught - under no pressure - in no man's land. There is no one else at fault.

But then, someone of your footballing nous, knows that very well...

7. scaramanga

Weren't you (wrongly) claiming Eriksen was at fault for not closing down De Bruyne in the City game?

If so, it's impossible to not (also wrongly) blame Forrest Gump for failing to close down for the Newcastle goal.

Everything that happens after that is irrelevant. If Eriksen is to blame them so is Sissoko.

8. Maltese Falcon

By the same concept, if the keeper hit a long kick and Sanchez missed it, you would be blaming Kane for not closing down the kick. It's all about looking at the action holistically and which part of it would have - most realistically - avoided the outcome... but that is obviously a problem when there is an agenda underfoot...

papaspur likes this.
  9. scaramanga

Actually I wouldn't be blaming Kane either.

Neither Eriksen nor Sissoko were to blame for the goals by not closing down, but to blame Eriksen for one and not Sissoko for the other will only open you up to even more ridicule.

10. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Chris Perry

Poch exempted Sanchez from blame

Journo - "Are you worried that teams are targeting Davinson Sanchez and Danny Rose, three times here Newcastle put the ball in between them and scored from one and could have had more and Villa scored from a ball between them as well?"

Poch - "Only if you see the end of the situation. We need to analyse, like VAR, we need to go back and see maybe 10, 20 or 30 seconds before what happened and why this situation arrived. We cannot blame them. First of all it's to blame me and then blame the collective performance when you concede a goal like this."

11. Maltese Falcon

I would imagine ridicule may be apportioned more appropriately for zealots obsessed on spacegoating missions for nothing else but the refusal to accept that they were initially wrong...

We've gone through this already and don't honestly have the time or inclination to regurgitate all the old arguments on the Sterling goal when it was KWP's responsibility.

Now if you don't want to look really ridiculous, why don't you hop over to the Sanchez thread and - seeing as you believe he was at fault - dissect his errors in the same zeal as you do Sissoko's....

12. Maltese Falcon

Seriously? When does Poch ever blame individual players for errors? Which is the way it should be. But GHod gave us eyes to see and brains to analyse...

Craig_J likes this.
  13. papaspur

papaspur Neil Ruddock

OK, now I know you're trolling :)

(shooting down other posters and their opinions without reading their posts, hyperbolic comments, etc.)
    C'mon man, you should try a little harder than that.

14. scaramanga

I'm only trying to help the guy by pointing out to him that accusing others of bias and then absolving Sissoko of blame for doing the same as he blamed Eriksson for will only draw more ridicule towards him.

15. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Chris Perry

Turns out he's been double-jobbing

16. Maltese Falcon

Only now did you realise he's a troll, whenever Sissoko is concerned??!!

I had you more perceptive than that :eek:

17. papaspur

papaspur Neil Ruddock

I've questioned it before, but it's not like he's the only one that disrespects him as a Spurs player, and sometimes as a human.

18. scaramanga

Can we swap him for a crocked Dembele please?

SylDave likes this.
  19. Cochise

Cochise Steve Carr

He tries, but my goodness he just shouldn't be allowed near the opposition penalty area.

20. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Paul Robinson

Having him in the team is like playing with ten men. Even the commentators were close to laughing when he took a shot. He has very little composure and technical skill. He’s like an excitable kid. Runs around all day but can barely kick the ball properly.

Bullet and SylDave like this.