1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Sissoko (the new Pirlo)

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 31 Aug 2016.

1. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steve Carr

What would make you NOT come up with a critique of Sissoko?

Robspur12 likes this.
  2. the dza

the dza Paul Robinson

I must be the only Spurs fan who never liked Freund, I thought he was total dogsh1t.

3. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

You must've been furiously rubbing one out in his name and missed the great pass he slipped through to the marauding Jan at the end of that particular surging run. He was again excellent tonight. Just come out of the Sissokocloset. We will embrace your new found honesty!
    :D

Kandi1977, Robbo, stinkfoot and 4 others like this.
  4. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Teemu Tainio

Fcuk what Scara thinks, Sissoko has become an integral part of our team this season. His composure on the ball even in CL games is excellent, his running at pace with the ball is devastating and he uses his ridiculous strength so effectively. Close to being our player of the season along with Son.

benp, MKSpur and papaspur like this.
  5. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Paul Robinson

He like the team was way below par in the first half. Sissoko probably embodied lots of the meh way we played then. But second half - WOOF!

6. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Clint Dempsey

I think if he had scored after one of his runs at 2-0 tonight I would have taken off and whizzed around the Wembley roof like a balloon.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Tapatalk

thfcsteff likes this.
  7. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Chris Armstrong

MDMA.

AuroRaman, 90291Spur, Robbo and 3 others like this.
  8. papaspur

papaspur Pascal Chimbonda

I agree, he improved in the second half and with that, our performance as a whole was dominant. I'm thinking with Foyth calming the fudge down, Sissoko only had to worry about covering for Aurier. I thought Winks was reliable as his partner and they enabled each other to play well, but it's great when Moussa feigns recklessness with the ball to bait opponents in, then glide around them and charge up the field.

9. thfcsteff

Don’t knock Scara! His reverse mojo-love is working!!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

stinkfoot and harr1984 like this.
  10. galeforce

galeforce Garth Crooks

He’s not a cult hero, the cult are those who unable to admit they were wrong.

He’s the best player in the world right now.

benp likes this.
  11. FatBloke

FatBloke Erik Edman

Sissoko bullied Sancho all through the second half. Yeah, much of it was fouling, but he gave zero space and got right there in Sancho's face. I reckon that's a big reason as to why Dortmund were so less effective during the second half.

12. harr1984

harr1984 Paul Stalteri

For me he has turned into Mr consistent, someone solid in the middle of the pitch who can be relied on to do the job Poch asks....

13. scaramanga

scaramanga David Ginola Staff Member

Him discovering some kind of vision, skill and understanding of the game that ends with him being a midfielder that doesn't look out of place in a team challenging for the title.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2019
  14. scaramanga

scaramanga David Ginola Staff Member

Was that the pass that went straight to the defender?

That's what I was referring to when I talked of him bricking the bed.

15. thfcsteff

No.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Robspur12 likes this.
  16. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Teemu Tainio

Wow. You're a stubborn fudger aren't you.

Robspur12 likes this.
  17. BrainOfLevy

BrainOfLevy Simon Davies

He doesn't look out of place, he routinely looks like one of our better performing players, had more than once this season has looked like our best.

The problem is you are brushing off the stuff he is excellent at - his strength, his pace, his engine, his tactical awareness, his awareness of danger - as if it means nothing. Or as if it means less. If he was merely good at those things, he wouldn't be the player that he is. But he is excellent at them.

Most teams need both great technical players and some physical players to provide balance. Particularly a side like Poch's that requires great physical attributes to play as we do.

He is not in any way out of place, and adds vital attributes to our side. You don't like physical attributes, and that's fine, it's your personal preference. But they count. They aren't meaningless, they aren't lesser than the other ones. He is excellent at what he brings. You have the problem if you can't see it, or refuse to acknowledge it.

Robspur12 and Spur of the moment like this.
  18. Bullet

Bullet Chris Perry

I thought Serge and Sissoko had very mixed games. A few good interventions/actions, but also some hopeless interplay where they went nowhere or just left the ball or passed to nobody. And the usual poor quality of touch and technique and pass selection. Hopefully we can upgrade these guys, they are trying hard and they DO contribute in some ways, but cannot reach the heights I would like to see at Spurs.

19. papaspur

papaspur Pascal Chimbonda

I agree, winning 3-0 against the Bundesliga leaders was a bit brick of a result.

20. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

[​IMG]

21. GinolaGinolaGinola

GinolaGinolaGinola Terry Venables

I look to our starting lineup and if he isnt playing I am now fearing the worst. He is one of the guaranteed starters IMO and so important to us. What a season he is having. If there was a most improved player award he would certainly win it. Him and Winks are a very decent CM pairing now and he is playing his best position.

afsoc4life and metalgear like this.