• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I was just thinking the opposite. In our Champions Leagues games against Juve, Dortmund and others I can't recall he completely bossed central midfield. I will be glad if his name is on the team sheet. Bring him off for Wanyama, Son or Moura on the hour mark.

His performance in Turin last season was one of the best midfield performances I’ve ever seen. Didn’t he have the ball for some crazy amount of time?

I wonder if that might be the last we see of him? Significant injury like that and 2 months till the last window before he can leave on a free

I wonder if that might be the last we see of him? Significant injury like that and 2 months till the last window before he can leave on a free

I hope not, although it did not look good tonight. That would be a very sad way to end his time with us. He deserves a better finiish.

Would be a sad day if that is his last game. His performances this season have dropped off, so I'm kind of accepting its over. Its time for the Winks era.

His time is up, it looks like. Be that his contract situation, or injury and age.

Similarly right now its looking like we wont see the old Wanyama back either.

And we know Sissoko isnt up to taking over, rather just being cover.

Leaves us Winks and Dier as our only real midfield options as it stands - clearly work needs to be done, hopefully in January we will make progress here.

Times up for him!
But we haven’t got a replacement or the wherewithal to get one.

Well i have heard some fans say he is unreplaceable ( to be honest i have never been one of them), but he has not been anywhere near good enough for a while now, and i do not consider a good game every now and then as a reason to keep playing him.

I expect i will take a slagging for saying this but for me he has never fulfilled the ability he has, but now he is a shadow of his previous years here.

Well i have heard some fans say he is unreplaceable ( to be honest i have never been one of them), but he has not been anywhere near good enough for a while now, and i do not consider a good game every now and then as a reason to keep playing him.

I expect i will take a slagging for saying this but for me he has never fulfilled the ability he has, but now he is a shadow of his previous years here.

Now looks just slow and fragile!

I agree that he has never hit the heights that his talent should have, but I also think he is irreplaceable in as much as I've never seen anyone with his skill set.

I think he's playing more this season than was expected. The few matches where he came on for the last 25-30mins or so and closed the game out worked well, and that was probably the intention for this season. Then of course everyone else got crocked and he had to start.

Wanyama is a little more worrying considering he should have a few more good years in him. He looks way off the pace and has for a long time. It is looking like the injury perma-crocked him.

So if both of those go, which is likely, that leaves a big hole in the squad we need to fill. Maybe is the time to trust youth - Amos/Skipp/Onomah.

I agree that he has never hit the heights that his talent should have, but I also think he is irreplaceable in as much as I've never seen anyone with his skill set.

Well we ( Poch) will have to find a way of replacing him with with a player who has other skills, i would rather he do that then playing him despite that he offers very little now. If he uses him at all it should be the last 20 minutes or so to help us close out a game, as a starter he ( imo) is not worth a place anymore.

As i said earlier i am sure that some will disagree with me but that is the way i see it.

Back