• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Money - Do we have it?

The current transfer policy at the moment is very much governed by the 25man squad. Couple this with the completely depressed transfer market of clubs trying to get there houses in order for FFP it has ment that buying players has been ni impossible.

Everyone knows that Levy wants his market value on sales. This too has attributed to a lack of spend.

Basically the past couple of seasons we have looked after our own.

I don't think there's much money to spend at all. It was very clear with Arsenal what building a stadium did to their transfer ability and I suspect something similar is happening with us.

Hopefully we won't get raped on our naming rights like they did, but until that money's there in front of us I don't see us spending much at all (hoping I'm proven massively wrong on this one though).

I will tell you both that we DO have money to spend if it's the right manager and situation. This Rogers and Moyes stuff is predicated on if we were to fail to finish in the top 4, whence lumping CL level wonga would actually be stupid given our 36,000 seat stadium and no CL revenue. However, if we do make it, and if we do have a manager who is, errr, next level (?) then yes, the money is there. if a Mourninho-esque manager came in now, I'd say that they would get the necessary finds and a promise of no squad depletion where contracts are in place.

I'll say again, Harry had the chance to spend big in Jan 2011 but couldn't make his mind up, and given his situation in the last year, plus his targets, I don't blame the board for not letting him sign X amount of comfortable oldies. The Tevez comment was a fudging joke; that's out talk. I mean, come on! As if that as ever going to happen on SO many levels! As for Cahill, well, as I understand it there was a strong chance but again no-one was quite sure whether to spend. Indeed, Redknapp filled his own hole there, having been quoted several times in the past as saying he thought we had more than enough CBs.

Anyway...

And i think the week after he said that Levy has told him that the money is there to spend big if the player came long. Just more saying one thing and then the opposite which Redknapp seems to do a lot.

People have forgotten the absolutely ludicrous behavior of Redknapp last august, when he suddenly turned around with one week of the window left and basically did everything he could to fudge Modric off out the door for 40 million to Chelski having said he agreed with the chairman's stance and that Modric was too important to sell. As with a lot of Harry's wild contradictions, he was NEVER questioned by his Fleet Street buddies about this...very VERY bizarre and very VERY Harry...in fact, he is CONSTANTLY opening his trap and obliquely trying to put Levy in the brick-can...before anyone pops off, as long as he's our manager, he gets my support, but by now, nobody should blind to the shenanigans and charades he pulls. Just look at his quotes today, where he "suddenly" comes out and says that "oh yes, well, people around me say the England speculation has affected me but I wouldn't know"...a tailor-fudging-made EXCUSE, when he'd have got a lot more favor from everyone if he'd just come out and done something about it all in late Feb i.e. either told the FA that yes, he'd hitch his skirt for the gig and let him know then, or fudge them off IN PUBLIC until the end of the season. Instead he tried to play both sides of the fence, getting his cronies to stoke the media fires and clamor whilst letting our season slide like a bobsleigh on vaselined ice...I'd better stop, I'm starting to get really fudging angry THINKING about it. I hope someone does a fudging book about it one day!

The current transfer policy at the moment is very much governed by the 25man squad. Couple this with the completely depressed transfer market of clubs trying to get there houses in order for FFP it has ment that buying players has been ni impossible.

Everyone knows that Levy wants his market value on sales. This too has attributed to a lack of spend.

Basically the past couple of seasons we have looked after our own.

This is exactly it.

We have had two many squad players on relatively high wages, who we either couldn't get the money we wanted or the player couldn't match those wages. Look how long it took for Keane to find a new club.

With a 25 man squad no club (aside from City) can afford to have too many senior players on their books.

This is exactly it.

We have had two many squad players on relatively high wages, who we either couldn't get the money we wanted or the player couldn't match those wages. Look how long it took for Keane to find a new club.

With a 25 man squad no club (aside from City) can afford to have too many senior players on their books.

I keep reading this from certain fans but can someone provide me proof? We know that a lot of the free transfers we signed are on low wages and we haven't really made any big purchases. We also know that we have a stringent wage cap and only a few players are anywhere near it.

I keep reading this from certain fans but can someone provide me proof? We know that a lot of the free transfers we signed are on low wages and we haven't really made any big purchases. We also know that we have a stringent wage cap and only a few players are anywhere near it.

Look at our financial figures for the past year - our wage totals have doubled under Redknapp

I think we do have a ton of money to spend but Levy is still a frugal bastard.

I also think the reason we have a fair bit of money is because Harry has got alot of players off the wage bill whilst also selling players without really spending the incoming cash received from those sales.

So whilst alot of people slate Harry for his "performance" this season we can also say that even without spending he has performed admirably and this summer if Levy and Harry pull their finger out we could buy two or three or four top quality players (when we finish third)

Look at our financial figures for the past year - our wage totals have doubled under Redknapp

Arcey - why has it doubled? I said previously that there are a number of reasons and all of them are out of Harrys hands - it is Levy that negotiates contracts etc.

Our wages have risen because we have become more successful so incremental pay rises im sure is taken into account as a reason, then you have the players we possess as being highly sought after so to stave off interest you need to give contracts and incentives etc.

Not sure why people blame Harry for the increase in wages under him. What is our spending since the first January window where he brought to survive.

He asked for proof - so I pointed out

Just to add - I have no problem with our wages rising but most of those have been wasted on average to poor players, imv with the odd exception here and there. Why bring in Pienaar on a massive contract if he's not intending to play him at all? That's just one example which springs to mind.

You also keep referring to CL bonuses but there were none last season. Very few of our top players have signed new contracts during that time either, including Modric, VdV and Bale (?)

Last edited:

Just to add - I have no problem with our wages rising but most of those have been wasted on average to poor players, imv with the odd exception here and there. Why bring in Pienaar on a massive contract if he's not intending to play him at all? That's just one example which springs to mind.

You also keep referring to CL bonuses but there were none last season. Very few of our top player have signed new contracts during that time either, including Modric, VdV and Bale (?)

I dont think bonuses per se but more just wage rises like anything else - people get wage rises of 5-10% a year for example. So not neccessarily new deals.

As for the players being tinkle poor I agree to an extent but Harry hasnt really brought alot of these players in and im assuming the loans he brought in were offset by the players he loaned or sold out.

But that was down mainly to player bonus payouts. I still would like evidence regarding the actual basic wage as having increased. I fully am aware that a lot of players have received improved deals since being at the club that would have rocketed wages to an extent (specifically Bale quadrupling his wage, as well as Sandro, Walker also having massive increases).

You also keep referring to CL bonuses but there were none last season. Very few of our top players have signed new contracts during that time either, including Modric, VdV and Bale (?)

Won't that be reflected in this years financial results?

Arcey - why has it doubled? I said previously that there are a number of reasons and all of them are out of Harrys hands - it is Levy that negotiates contracts etc.

Our wages have risen because we have become more successful so incremental pay rises im sure is taken into account as a reason, then you have the players we possess as being highly sought after so to stave off interest you need to give contracts and incentives etc.

Not sure why people blame Harry for the increase in wages under him. What is our spending since the first January window where he brought to survive.

Because they're idiots or have an agenda to promote. Everyone knows that the Manager at Spurs doesn't deal with the financial side of contracts. That's all Levy.

I fully am aware that a lot of players have received improved deals since being at the club that would have rocketed wages to an extent (specifically Bale quadrupling his wage, as well as Sandro, Walker also having massive increases).

Now it's my turn - do you have any proof?

Now it's my turn - do you have any proof?

Browsing the web it's easy to find. All of them had significant improved deals. I read somewhere that Walker went from ?ú10K a week to ?ú50K (which means he was probably actually on about ?ú8K and went up to ?ú35K!) for example.

I have never seen anything on the internet regarding Bale's quadrupled wages nor Sandro's news deal

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-new-fiveyear-contract-at-spurs-2351416.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9430152.stm

Neither show the figures involved, but other stories at the time had ballpark figures that were very similar. Couple that with the stories and ballpark figures as to when they first signed and the differences on the new improved deals are vast. Which is to be expected. Buy young, cheap wages. Player proves themselves, massive increase. It's standard.

Back