• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

I honestly do not think he is irreplaceable - particularly if we get the right person in the middle to compliment Sandro and possibly Hudd.

I for sure would not play Parker and Sandro as a midfield pairing.

A player I've watched a lot of this season and I think could work quite well with Sandro is Felipe Melo. He's been a monster at Galatasaray and has redeemed himself there. QUite similar in a way I think to Sandro and a lot of heart. On loan and wanting to leave his parent club (Juve?).

i dont think we should consider Thudd atm....his ankle problems seem to be ongoing and who knows when he will be back and what effect the dodgy ankle has on him in the future

what a shame, tremendous player

it seems Abramovich has a Torres like crush on Modric.....he will get his man eventually

Perhaps, but if we get 4th and CL, that means Chelsea has missed out on CL.

Think he would want to go backwards?

This thread is full of too many if's and but's, everything will be clear next week. Unless we get 4th. Then everything won't be clear until the 19th.

Hope i cleared that up.

If we dont get Champion's League we dont have a chance of getting all these players.

Also we have no chance in hell of getting Llorente. If he wanted to leave Athletic (which he doesn't being a proud basque and all) it wouldn't be to join us.
And why the big rush to replace Friedel? We need probably 2 new centre halfs and 3 strikers.

Perhaps, but if we get 4th and CL, that means Chelsea has missed out on CL.

Think he would want to go backwards?

This thread is full of too many if's and but's, everything will be clear next week. Unless we get 4th. Then everything won't be clear until the 19th.

Hope i cleared that up.

Depends how much he weighs not playing CL football against a filthy cash injection into his bank account each week.

Also

this even gives us the option of selling Bale (who has been less than stellar this season)

The guy has had his most successful season yet. 13 goals and 17 assists? What more do you want from him?

Really makes me laugh, our players leaving if we dont get CL. F#ck me, you had a chance to make a massive step towards having it next season with Spurs and you didnt take it
Sorry, but it really tinkles me off

Really makes me laugh, our players leaving if we dont get CL. F#ck me, you had a chance to make a massive step towards having it next season with Spurs and you didnt take it
Sorry, but it really tinkles me off

Luka, Sandro (in the few games he's played) and Lennon are the only ones who have played well during this massive slump.

All the other players can eat shit

If I was Luka Id probably want to leave too. He isnt getting any younger.

Amazing the number of idiotic posts which appear on this site. If Modric leaves we wont be able to replace him with similar quality as there are far richer teams out there who can pay more in fees and wages. We therefore need to fight to keep him otherwise the team moves backwards

Secondly, your team wont work as Sandro and Parker dont give you enough as a combination in terms of creativity or attacking threat.

Lastly, the idea that we will get Llorente without CL is a joke. It'll take a lot to prise him away and therefore he's hardly going to join a team which can only offer him 70k per week and the Europa league!!!!

This.

Losing him will be one step forward, two steps back.

Can you tell me what the one step forwards is? I see no upside of selling Modric. Even if we got ?ú40m for him, we wont be able to attract players of similar quality and teams like Manure, Man C, Real, Barca, cheatski and half a dozen others will blow us out of the water in terms of wages!

I've said before that he's far from irreplaceable but no way would I want a Parker sandro combo in a midfield 4. We'd need to sign a cm if Luka goes. Anyway this thread should really have been started when the seasons over.

Can you tell me what the one step forwards is? I see no upside of selling Modric. Even if we got ?ú40m for him, we wont be able to attract players of similar quality and teams like Manure, Man C, Real, Barca, cheatski and half a dozen others will blow us out of the water in terms of wages!

We'd probably strengthen positions that need strengthening with the money. The two steps back is that we've just lost arguably our best player who is also arguably irreplaceable with our style.

I hate saying this phrase as it makes me sound like an arse, but anyone who thinks that Modric can be replaced by Hudd doesn't understand football.

We'd probably strengthen positions that need strengthening with the money. The two steps back is that we've just lost arguably our best player who is also arguably irreplaceable with our style.

Problem is that we cant buy ?ú20m+ players (unless they're Stuart Downing like) given that players of that quality will be wanted by teams who can pay far higher wages....so unless we were to use the money very well, signing players in the ?ú10m - ?ú15m bracket who the big-spenders dont want, they the money is useless

We certainly wouldnt be able to buy another Modric is one was available

I hate saying this phrase as it makes me sound like an arse, but anyone who thinks that Modric can be replaced by Hudd doesn't understand football.

Well i would not go that far, but they are living in a alternative world if they believe that the Hudd is anywere near the class of Modric.

Hudd - Sandro is a midfield I've wanted to see properly, but if Modric was in their too..

Back