• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michel Vorm

Had a decent game against Soton but I fear Poch will reinstate Lloris for the FA Cup game assuming he's over his illness. Vorm's handling was secure, looked like he's learned from the master. Couldn't do anything about the Sanchez OG.
Good shout.

On a slippery rain-soaked surface at St Mary's he had to deal with several strong bouncing shots on target. Each time I was nervous he'd spill it but no, he collected every one cleanly and safely. Also came off his line to snuff out danger well and collected the occasional cross with aplomb.

As with Lloris his kicking can be a nightmare and there was at least one that went straight out for a throw-in to the opposition but overall his distribution was quality.

In his early days with us he was prone to the odd howler which led to fans becoming very nervous whenever he played but it now seems quite some time since he last slipped up.

So, given that Lloris is also susceptible to the occasional blooper I'd have no qualms whatsoever should he be chosen to play ahead of the Frenchman against Newport.

Seen a couple of references to Vorm in the Hugo thread so thought I’d pose this question here.
Is it right that his contract runs out at the end of this season?
I’ve seen the odd mention of him moving elsewhere but it seems unusual that we’d have let his contract run down.

Seen a couple of references to Vorm in the Hugo thread so thought I’d pose this question here.
Is it right that his contract runs out at the end of this season?
I’ve seen the odd mention of him moving elsewhere but it seems unusual that we’d have let his contract run down.

It may be mutual

He may have asked to leave on a free

He's been ok, but I never feel confident with him in the side, we've got a couple of good youngsters but they are a million miles away from playing for 1st team, replacement for Lloris is a must.

He’s not as quick off his line or as likely to pull out a really special save, but I don’t panic when he has the ball at his feet like I do every single time Hugo does. He’s calm and solid, very much like Friedel.

He’d be first choice at more than half of the PL sides imo.

What are Vorms stats at Spurs, played, won, drawn etc? I don't remember him letting us down too much?

Can't recall many howlers this season. Maybe one last season. Which is pretty good considering how hard it must be to just get dropped in for the odd cup game, on poor quality pitches half the time.

I think there's a time limit on back-up GKs - it just becomes too demoralising for them, unless they are real no-ambitioners like Cudicini.

Vorm has played 11 league games in 4 seasons. I think for the sake of his career he needs to go and play 160 games over the next 4 seasons for a bottom half side.

It would also probably freshen up Lloris to have a new training partner.

I think there's a time limit on back-up GKs - it just becomes too demoralising for them, unless they are real no-ambitioners like Cudicini.

Vorm has played 11 league games in 4 seasons. I think for the sake of his career he needs to go and play 160 games over the next 4 seasons for a bottom half side.

I honestly think he's better than a bottom half club and even if he wasnt in this country he could certainly go abroad and go to a European level club no problem....

I honestly think he's better than a bottom half club and even if he wasnt in this country he could certainly go abroad and go to a European level club no problem....

I think he's a bit iffy from crosses and isn't great and commanding the defence (although the latter might come from unfamiliarity). Saying that, after Lloris and De Gea, there aren't actually many good GKs in the league.

Disagree, if I were him I would stay put. Chances to play in cups and odd league games for a top 3 side!
Suddenly he could be thrust into the Champions League Qtr Final or the FA Cup Final.
Rather that than play every week for Stoke, imagine how demoralising that is.

He will be settled in London with his family and presumably kids in school, lovely commute to the world's best training facility, bit of banter with the team, great manager, off to play golf, oh and the world's best stadium will be ready in September... what's not to love? He has the best life in the world that guy.

I think he's a bit iffy from crosses and isn't great and commanding the defence (although the latter might come from unfamiliarity). Saying that, after Lloris and De Gea, there aren't actually many good GKs in the league.
Yeah I think you're being a bit harsh on him tbh GB....

I think that you are just searching for things to support your view that he should be replaced in the summer.

I'm relaxed about his contract position. He is one of the best back up keepers in the league and it will be a real stretch for us to upgrade on him but I trust the manager to make the right choices.

What are Vorms stats at Spurs, played, won, drawn etc? I don't remember him letting us down too much?

He has not, as i said earlier a few Spurs fans think because he is a back up keeper he must not be all that good. The truth is Lloris is a very good keeper ( one of the best in the Prem) so its hard for Vorm to play that often, but he would be first choice at most of the other teams in the Lge.

Back