1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Mauricio Pochettino

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Dorothy, 8 May 2019.

1. FolkestoneSpur

FolkestoneSpur Wilson Palacios

Not sure if this is the right thread but fudge it. I'm Spurs because I had no choice, it goes back to my now dead great grandfather and Mum and Grandad were both season ticket holders back in the 50, 60 and 70s.
    I've just had the most wonderful chat with my stepfather. My mother has Alzheimers and it really sucks, she has an MBE for a charity she started and ran for 40 years, despite what the media say they don't just hand them out. I'm very proud of her.
    She has to have everything explained, the gods have been clamy, She's also mostly deaf.
    But!! I was talking to my amazing step father about Poch and the wonder years and a friend of mine came up. My step father is a Villa fan but in trying to explain to Mum he actually said " you know Pete? Dreadlocks an ting " He's a university Mechanical engineering lecturer he doesn't do cool, so funny.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2022
    AuroRaman, Robbo, johnola and 4 others like this.
  2. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

I could do it in that league with PSH

3. Robspur12

Robspur12 Paul Stalteri

Bet you couldn't. Every game is hyped up you mustn't lose. The atmosphere amongst your own fans towards your players is toxic. You already have ageing, fancy dans who can't be bothered to put in a real shift and then add in a past his best superstar who you can't drop. Add to that your best player wants to leave and you are expected to win the Champions League in your first full season. Many managers wouldn't get through that.

FolkestoneSpur likes this.
  4. Robspur12

Robspur12 Paul Stalteri

The squad? That's where you are mistaken you mean the first 11. Because past that we didn't have much. I have supported Spurs for 42 years and before Poch, had never seen us properly challenge for a League trophy, and it was the first time in our history we had reached a European Champions cup final. So yeah he didn't win anything but bloody hell we came close to winning the biggest trophies in the game. I don't know when I will see something like that again. Hence the love for Poch. It's not difficult to see why.

He had a midfield of Winks, Sissoko and a clearly jaded Eriksen. Kane spent the latter part of the season out with an ankle injury. Dele the same. Blimey, we have had a much better squad since January. Let's see if Conte can get us fourth place.

5. FolkestoneSpur

I wonder what old school PSG fans think. It's got to stick that the club has been hijacked but the way they behave towards Poch suggests otherwise.

6. FolkestoneSpur

87 we were on for a treble, then it got sexy.

ricky2tricky4city and Robspur12 like this.
  7. Robspur12

Robspur12 Paul Stalteri

Yes That was some team Id say arguably on a par with the peak Harry team of Bale Modric and VDV. Both teams had more talented players than Poch had at his disposal and those were teams who, we could say looking back, should have won trophies. Also the Peter Shreeves season when we were vying with Everton for the title and ended up finishing 3rd I think? Circa 1985.

Last edited: 1 May 2022
  8. FolkestoneSpur

Yes it was 85. I've just googled it, Everton were the Muts, Cup winner cup winners, wow! For some reason I have Kevin Ratcliff in my head. I've always identified to some degree with Everton, they sing if you know your history for a start, but also pride themselves in racism and Stanley blades.
    Strange club, strange city.

Robspur12 likes this.
  9. FolkestoneSpur

Chris waddle is one of the greatest footballers I've ever seen, so fudging sexy, buy one of the greatest wingers in football history, buy one of the greatest strikers in football history, sell one of the greatest wingers to the most corrupt club in football history, THFC, ffs!

10. FolkestoneSpur

Just to clarify I've identified with Everton over the years because they're a team overshadowed by some clams wearing red.

11. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

there isn't any, they were only founded in the 70s and didn't do anything of note until 82

Robbo and monkeybarry like this.
  12. Robspur12

Robspur12 Paul Stalteri

We won at Anfield that year for the first time since 1912. A typically spurzy stat.

Last edited: 1 May 2022
    DeanoAustin and FolkestoneSpur like this.
  13. FolkestoneSpur

Fair enough, didn't know that. There was a Paris team in th 90s with a beautiful stadium, in some suburb, any ideas?

14. FolkestoneSpur

1912?!! Bloody hell!
    I'm still giving us a point up there. They are good, and I'm not a dippers hater and think Klopp is a pretty impressive man but, Klopp v Conte? Conte ball wins.

15. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

Probably PSG, they have moved around a fair bit.

16. FolkestoneSpur

No it was.......fudge knows.

17. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Chris Perry

Red Star?
    Paris FC?
    The team from Versailles were sold in Ligue1 in the 90s..... Valenciennes

18. FolkestoneSpur

Yes Red Star, cheers. Always remember the block of flats. I had a fantasy of living in one of those, the best executive box ever. Coliseum-Summit-News-France-Red-Star-FC-redevelopment.jpg

19. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Chris Perry

Really fascinating club too - definitely worth reading about.
    Kinda like the French St Pauli.

20. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Maybe Dortmund as next job ??