• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Thinking about it, Poch likes everyone to know 'why' something is happening especially if it is going to reflect on him down the line.

He deals in truth and he wants to be judged truly.

Unfair appraisal,criticism or analysis is a real button pusher for him.

So what if he’s been told the budget is 150 million and the 3 players he wants cost 250?

Would judgment be unfair on him then?

I love Poch but his press conferences are starting to grate a little if I'm honest.

I think Poch could go and take a dump on the centre circle of the pitch, use the Spurs top to wipe his ass with it and stick a middle finger up to Levy. And you'd still have people on here saying he's probably just fertilising the turf to make sure its ready for the new season, our jersey is lucky to be near an ass as illustrious as Poch's and the middle finger is actually a sign of endearment in Argentina and something was just lost in translation. :D

Hahahaha, I spat out my coffee laughing reading that. Thanks! Need to clean my shirt now. :p

So what if he’s been told the budget is 150 million and the 3 players he wants cost 250?

Would judgment be unfair on him then?
No he would accept that. If he knows the budget is £150m and he can see targets would add up to £250m he knows that doesn't compute and he accepts it. He won't kick off about thing that have been discussed and agreed, it's not the way he operates.

What might be happening is to pay what eg Betis wants may now require someone to leave to give us more money. There could be frustration within that.

It’s more a question of why the need to constantly go on about these things to the press. You and others have constantly referenced Rose as someone who runs his mouth, honestly I’ve seen Poch do that far more in the media than Rose ever has yet he isn’t given the same allowances at all - so why the need to ‘complain and worry’ about what Rose says? He’s a great coach and human but that doesn’t make him immune from criticism and his constant suggestive negative comments aren’t helpful at all....

I understand what you are saying, but compering Rose to Pooch is stretching it a bit (imo) one (Poch) has to do a lot more talking to the media as its part of his job, as for the other ( Rose) he has no where the same number of time on air, so if Poch has to fill a LOT more time talking to the press he has to fill it, as for Rose they have only flocked to him over the last 12 months because they know he does not put his brain in gear before opening his mouth.

I suppose it all depends on what the individual wants to " see " in what Pooch says, having seen it myself it does not make as many waves as SOME are trying to suggest is in there. Each to their own i guess.

I don’t care what he says about his balance (Mr Miyagi a big influence?) but he was deffo in a bad mood!

What I heard from what he said was - “transfers and contracts are out of my hands, I give my opinion but I can’t give you the details and my focus is on what I have.

There seemed to be a focus on his job title that I think came from the fact it changed to manager from coach a little while ago, but the reality is even a manager will not be negotiating fees, contracts and setting transfer and wage budgets.

Last edited:
I don’t care what he says about his balance (Mr Miyagi a big influence?) but he was deffo in a bad mood!

What I heard from what he said was - “transfers ans contrasts out of my hands, I give my opinion but I can’t give you the details and my focus is on what I have.

There seemed to be a focus on his job title that I think came from the fact it changed to manager from coach a little while ago, but the reality is even a manager will not be negotiating fees, contracts and setting transfer and wage budgets.

I think the whole manager/coach thing is a hang up for the press, not for Poch. Its a very English thing to pigeon hole responsibilities between the two roles in a very specific way. And, more than likely, incorrectly.

I get the distinct feeling Poch really doesnt like dealing with the press, going back some way now - from the end of the season maybe. And suspect he finds these media sessions deeply frustrating.

I also suspect he is getting frustrated with our lack of transfer movement. Not in a "fudge Levy Im going to leave" kind of way, more likely just at the situation. We seem to have been negotiating endlessly for Lo Celso and Sessegnon but only inching toward getting them in. No doubt he had hopes of them being here by now so they can be getting up to speed.

I think Poch is far to smart to not know that these things are complex though, hence frustration at the situation, not chairman.

Ill bet Levy feels the same. Despite everyone seemingly convinced he absolutely loves all the farce

He’s tinkled - if you watch it or read it.

He’s being left with a sqaud with 3 key players with a year left on his contract

Trippier/Llorentes minutes gone - however uselessness/useful they are

1 player in.

Players he wants out are still here.

I’ve seen it and he is unhappy
Bit IMO he was unhappy with the questions being asked more than anything
And naturally people assume they know why he is unhappy and all come to one conclusion or another

He is unhappy as he hasn’t got the players he wants (that wound contradict the comments he also made saying he saying he is happy with whatever squad he gets)
Or
He is unhappy that he is being asked the same questions time and time again, including ones he batted back only in his last press conference

What is for sure is that none of us plebs know for certain why he is unhappy. I’m confident he will say something completely contradictory too in one of his next few press conferences

I’m confident he will say something completely contradictory too in one of his next few press conferences
That’s for sure! But those positive quotes will be ignored.

No idea why people don’t just chill out about his pressers. It’s been clear for a couple of years now that he contradicts himself from week to week. He’s human and emotional, he tends to answer honestly I think. If he’s having a bad day or under some stress (like a transfer window closing for instance!) then we get these irritated quotes, when he’s relaxed then he’s staying at Spurs for life!

Everyone has their interpretation, personally I'm not sure it's the current situation with squad (I'm sure it contributes) or just the fact that the pressure of the job eventually gets to everyone.

Poch two years ago didn't react as negatively as he often does now, I think he needs to be careful it isn't getting to him. Jose wasn't always such a negative/miserable human, he once was actually funny, look at other long serving managers, a bitterness to the media almost always creeps into their personality

Everyone has their interpretation, personally I'm not sure it's the current situation with squad (I'm sure it contributes) or just the fact that the pressure of the job eventually gets to everyone.

Poch two years ago didn't react as negatively as he often does now, I think he needs to be careful it isn't getting to him. Jose wasn't always such a negative/miserable human, he once was actually funny, look at other long serving managers, a bitterness to the media almost always creeps into their personality

You make a good point fancy having to deal with a pack of baying hounds several times a week, asking the same dumb questions all the time which have been answered over and over again. I am surprised that he has kept his cool for so long. There has always been a " gutter press" but in todays game its getting worse.

No idea why people don’t just chill out about his pressers. It’s been clear for a couple of years now that he contradicts himself from week to week. He’s human and emotional, he tends to answer honestly I think. If he’s having a bad day or under some stress (like a transfer window closing for instance!) then we get these irritated quotes, when he’s relaxed then he’s staying at Spurs for life!
Thats a fair comment and I do genuinely love the guy. The thing is, everyone accepts what he gets upset about - losing, not getting the players he wants, time transfers takes, maybe even wanting to go to a bigger club at some point etc But why the CONSTANT need to air these things to the media? He isnt the only manager to suffer from these things, in fact 90+% of managers suffer from the same problems but they dont consistently make such noises to the press. He's an intelligent guy, he knows what he is saying. These negative murmurings of his have been getting more and more frequent, you can argue about how much if at all it negatively impacts the club - But it sure as hell doesnt have any sort of positive impact.....

I imagine he's just tinkled at the pre-season circus. Two games in 24 hours is ridiculous

He said once that what a manager really wants is just two closed doors matches against Brentford and Leyton Orient

Poch 2 years ago wasn’t managing mega club

We’re gonna be top 6/8 turnover soon so are huge and the pressure comes with that

I imagine he's just tinkled at the pre-season circus. Two games in 24 hours is ridiculous

He said once that what a manager really wants is just two closed doors matches against Brentford and Leyton Orient
Yea maybe, but that’s the game nowadays, if he wants those sort of games he needs to manage West Ham or QPR. The circus goes with the territory of managing an ambitious CL club I’m afraid.

Back