• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

As much as I understand the media's penchant for looking for headlines anywhere, I cant fathom any advantage to Spurs by Poch meeting Bath (from Barca) in a public location. Especially at this time, when Barca is looking for a new manager. It is extremely distracting!

BBC Sportsday includes:-

Here's good news for Spurs fans, manager Mauricio Pochettino plays down his meeting with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu and the inevitable conclusions jumped to.

"I'm an Espanyol supporter – I think then I don't need to speak too much," the Argentine insists. "It is like one day if (Spurs chairman) Daniel Levy sacks me in a few years, for me it would be impossible to manage Arsenal."​

Mauricio Pochettino has categorically ruled out a move to Barcelona because of his allegiance to their cross-town rivals Espanyol. The Tottenham Hotspur manager reinforced the point he wanted to make about the primacy of loyalty by saying that, by the same token, he could never imagine himself working at Arsenal.
Pochettino was linked with the Barcelona job at the beginning of March, after Luis Enrique’s announcement that he would stand down from the post at the end of the season and, in truth, he did little to discourage the speculation. Then Pochettino talked about how he knew how the game worked and that he was not surprised to be on the long-list of potential successors to Luis Enrique.The link between Pochettino and Barça was reignited last week when he was spotted in a bar in Barcelona with the club’s president, Josep Maria Bartomeu. But Pochettino dismissed it as a chance meeting and, given that he previously played for and managed Espanyol, he made it clear there was no possibility of him ever going to Barcelona.

“It was a coincidence in a bar in Barcelona last Tuesday,” Pochettino said. “I know him [Bartomeu] for a long time – before he became chairman of Barcelona. Our children went to the same school in Barcelona. We spent five minutes together. That was the reality. After that, you know the rumour is impossible to stop.

“But I am an Espanyol supporter. I think I don’t think I need to speak too much. It’s like if one day, Daniel Levy sacked me – in a few years it would be impossible for me to manage Arsenal.

“In football, I know it is so difficult to keep your values and to be loyal – with your heart, with your emotion. But, for me, before being a manager, before being a player, being loyal is more important. I am an Espanyol fan.

I love Espanyol. It’s like Tottenham for me now. It will be impossible, one day, to move to Arsenal. It will be impossible.”

Mauricio Pochettino has categorically ruled out a move to Barcelona because of his allegiance to their cross-town rivals Espanyol. The Tottenham Hotspur manager reinforced the point he wanted to make about the primacy of loyalty by saying that, by the same token, he could never imagine himself working at Arsenal.
Pochettino was linked with the Barcelona job at the beginning of March, after Luis Enrique’s announcement that he would stand down from the post at the end of the season and, in truth, he did little to discourage the speculation. Then Pochettino talked about how he knew how the game worked and that he was not surprised to be on the long-list of potential successors to Luis Enrique.The link between Pochettino and Barça was reignited last week when he was spotted in a bar in Barcelona with the club’s president, Josep Maria Bartomeu. But Pochettino dismissed it as a chance meeting and, given that he previously played for and managed Espanyol, he made it clear there was no possibility of him ever going to Barcelona.

“It was a coincidence in a bar in Barcelona last Tuesday,” Pochettino said. “I know him [Bartomeu] for a long time – before he became chairman of Barcelona. Our children went to the same school in Barcelona. We spent five minutes together. That was the reality. After that, you know the rumour is impossible to stop.

“But I am an Espanyol supporter. I think I don’t think I need to speak too much. It’s like if one day, Daniel Levy sacked me – in a few years it would be impossible for me to manage Arsenal.

“In football, I know it is so difficult to keep your values and to be loyal – with your heart, with your emotion. But, for me, before being a manager, before being a player, being loyal is more important. I am an Espanyol fan.

I love Espanyol. It’s like Tottenham for me now. It will be impossible, one day, to move to Arsenal. It will be impossible.”

Southampton fans won't be happy that he hasn't ruled out managing Portsmouth

As much as I understand the media's penchant for looking for headlines anywhere, I cant fathom any advantage to Spurs by Poch meeting Bath (from Barca) in a public location. Especially at this time, when Barca is looking for a new manager. It is extremely distracting!

“I don’t like to speak about rumours but that wasn’t a rumour because it was a coincidence in a bar in Barcelona last Tuesday,” he said.

“I’ve known him for a long time, before he became chairman of Barcelona. Many people around us saw us say hello, and we spent five minutes together, but that was the reality. The rumours after, it’s impossible to stop.”

What a man!
I know it's easy to say what fans want to hear and I'm normally pretty cynical. But I fully believe him when he talks about the importance of loyalty.
And I like his choice of words - he doesn't talk about if he 'leaves' Spurs, but rather if Levy 'sacks' him. Implication - he doesn't envisage leaving voluntarily. Ok ,I'm probably reading too much into that.
But you have to love the man.

205413435-1358091918_Henry_Winkler_Fonz_290x400.jpg

Back