1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by DubaiSpur, 27 May 2014.

1. Dr Rosenrosen

Dr Rosenrosen Ramon Vega

Walking on the beaches looking at the peaches.
    Hmm.... Poch. Barca. Lunch. Paella!

P(och)
    A(in't)
    E(ver)
    L(eaving so)
    L(eave it)
    A(lone)

It's a clue!

2. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Roman Pavlyuchenko

As much as I understand the media's penchant for looking for headlines anywhere, I cant fathom any advantage to Spurs by Poch meeting Bath (from Barca) in a public location. Especially at this time, when Barca is looking for a new manager. It is extremely distracting!

3. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

maybe Poch is after a pay rise

Robbo and milo like this.
  4. metalgear

metalgear Jimmy McCormick

anything is possible but if it were serious it wouldn't be so public so early.

5. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Frederic Kanoute

Isn't it about this time last year he met SAF on the way to the man Utd job?

6. Whiffler

Whiffler Milija Aleksic

BBC Sportsday includes:-

Here's good news for Spurs fans, manager Mauricio Pochettino plays down his meeting with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu and the inevitable conclusions jumped to.

"I'm an Espanyol supporter – I think then I don't need to speak too much," the Argentine insists. "It is like one day if (Spurs chairman) Daniel Levy sacks me in a few years, for me it would be impossible to manage Arsenal."​

7. Earz

Earz Rohan Ricketts

What a man

thfcsteff likes this.
  8. John Smith

John Smith Dave McEwen

Sounds like he's happy with us. Very good news.

thfcsteff likes this.
  9. Ex-Pat Jennings

Ex-Pat Jennings Jamie Clapham

Cor, that's two for the price of one, that is - Poch distancing himself from both the Barca AND Arsenal jobs. Fandabadozy!

thfcsteff likes this.
  10. inkpenspur

inkpenspur Naybet

Mauricio Pochettino has categorically ruled out a move to Barcelona because of his allegiance to their cross-town rivals Espanyol. The Tottenham Hotspur manager reinforced the point he wanted to make about the primacy of loyalty by saying that, by the same token, he could never imagine himself working at Arsenal.
    Pochettino was linked with the Barcelona job at the beginning of March, after Luis Enrique’s announcement that he would stand down from the post at the end of the season and, in truth, he did little to discourage the speculation. Then Pochettino talked about how he knew how the game worked and that he was not surprised to be on the long-list of potential successors to Luis Enrique.The link between Pochettino and Barça was reignited last week when he was spotted in a bar in Barcelona with the club’s president, Josep Maria Bartomeu. But Pochettino dismissed it as a chance meeting and, given that he previously played for and managed Espanyol, he made it clear there was no possibility of him ever going to Barcelona.

“It was a coincidence in a bar in Barcelona last Tuesday,” Pochettino said. “I know him [Bartomeu] for a long time – before he became chairman of Barcelona. Our children went to the same school in Barcelona. We spent five minutes together. That was the reality. After that, you know the rumour is impossible to stop.

“But I am an Espanyol supporter. I think I don’t think I need to speak too much. It’s like if one day, Daniel Levy sacked me – in a few years it would be impossible for me to manage Arsenal.

“In football, I know it is so difficult to keep your values and to be loyal – with your heart, with your emotion. But, for me, before being a manager, before being a player, being loyal is more important. I am an Espanyol fan.

I love Espanyol. It’s like Tottenham for me now. It will be impossible, one day, to move to Arsenal. It will be impossible.”

11. tractorspur

tractorspur Carlo Cudicini

Fooking love Poch!

Thinking of all the failed managers we've had over the years we were due a gem and we have one right here!

thfcsteff likes this.
  12. milo

milo Bert Bliss Staff Member

Southampton fans won't be happy that he hasn't ruled out managing Portsmouth

13. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Frederic Kanoute

He's magic you know?.....

14. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

I feel the same about Spurs and Geona, should we ever play Geona in a match I will have many conflicting feelings.

15. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Edgar Davids

Just when you think the man crush couldn't get any bigger...

Mikey10 and thfcsteff like this.
  16. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

“I don’t like to speak about rumours but that wasn’t a rumour because it was a coincidence in a bar in Barcelona last Tuesday,” he said.

“I’ve known him for a long time, before he became chairman of Barcelona. Many people around us saw us say hello, and we spent five minutes together, but that was the reality. The rumours after, it’s impossible to stop.”

17. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Pat van den Hauwe

What a man!
    I know it's easy to say what fans want to hear and I'm normally pretty cynical. But I fully believe him when he talks about the importance of loyalty.
    And I like his choice of words - he doesn't talk about if he 'leaves' Spurs, but rather if Levy 'sacks' him. Implication - he doesn't envisage leaving voluntarily. Ok ,I'm probably reading too much into that.
    But you have to love the man.

18. Gazza

Gazza Jermaine Jenas

The man we all dream of being

thfcsteff likes this.
  19. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Gary Stevens Staff Member

Oh I can think of one recent listee who will find a dark cloud or a negative comment...

Me? It has been a man-crush and continues to be. Ledge.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

20. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Steffen Iversen