1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Maggie

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Baleforce, 8 Apr 2013.

1. Baleforce

Baleforce Clive Allen

According to twitter has had a stroke and died.

Edit: Confirmed by the BBC now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155

RIP

I'm expecting mixed views on this but for me she did a lot for this country, dragged us out of a hole kicking and screaming.

Last edited: 8 Apr 2013
  2. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Just heard, a tear is in my eye, she was truly the greatest prime minister we ever had, stuck up for us in Europe(take not current politicans) she gave people the chance to move on and improve their lot. Got stuck into the communist lead unions who were set on destroying the country.

Having a very busy day but wanted to get in here and mark her good points before the usual lefty freaks started slagging her off.

3. Richie

Richie Naybet

andherewego.gif

4. scaramanga

scaramanga Mel Hopkins Staff Member

Best leader this country ever had. I'm sure there's a few here that judge people by caricatures and hearsay that will take the opportunity to slag her off though.

5. jpp

jpp Johnnie Jackson

The reason I went into politics. Strong, fair and prepared to make the diffi
    cult decisions for the greater good.

6. The Portugeezer

The Portugeezer Terry Yorath Wind Up Merchant

Yes her legacy left an indelible mark on this country for the better :rolleyes:

7. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Mostly Liverpool fans giving her abuse on twitter really. Justice for 96 and all that.

8. Eatmyownbrainwithaspork

Eatmyownbrainwithaspork John Gorman

Not happy she's died, but she single-handedly destroyed the community I grew up in. Hers was an ideology of individualism. Her supreme arrogance meant the sensible things she offered were difficult to hear. I won't miss her.

9. CoolburyClub

CoolburyClub Scott Houghton

This is what makes me laugh about all this mythology surrounding Thatcher. Most of Britain's infrastructure and energy is now owned by Europe so all this Thatcher stood up to Europe nonsense just don't wash. All these conservatives are always anti-Europe yet are extremely relaxed about the French state dictating the cost of our energy. Hmm, makes real sense\o/

Thatcher wasn't a patriot she was an opportunist. She didn't give a hoot about the Falkland Islands when she approved the removal of a naval fleet and she didn't care about the fascist junta in Argentina when her Government were approving arms sales to them.

All this high horse guff about Thatcher. She despised Britain, wanted to hack off our industry and social infrastructure for short term profit and began the general slide in a nation which has nothing left but a city of London that fluffy bunnies cuddlings itself out in an industry making money out of thin air. Which of course can never, ever possibly go wrong\o/ Er, but it did, spectacularly.

The biggest powerhouse in Europe is Germany. Why? Because they actually make things. Britain doesn't make things anymore, doesn't produce anything and is beholden to Europe and Russia when it comes to determining the cost of basic essentials like heating a home.

Which bodes the question:-k Did we really win the cold war and why are we suspicious of Europe when Thatcher made it possible to sell off our infrastructure to half of Europe anyway.

Oh, and Saddamn's officers were trained at Sandhurst during her rein in office.

10. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

I know a fair few miners who lived through Thatcher's era. She ruined them and stripped them of their dignity, confining an entire region to a lifetime of poverty and anguish. Hearing the stories would bring you close to tears.

Combine that with her support for Apartheid and Pinochet, I'm sure a few people will be partying tonight. History will judge her very poorly.

11. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Ahhh the victims, what a shock

RIP one tough lady

12. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Ken Livingstone spouting facts on Sky News

13. CoolburyClub

CoolburyClub Scott Houghton

Yep according to her Nelson Mandela was a terrorist and she defied the international embargo on apartheid era South Africa.

Her support for the vile fascist dictator Pinochet says it all. Thousands butchered and innocent women tortured and raped by animals and yet Thatcher supported him and gave him refuge in the UK.

14. The Portugeezer

Yep, that says it all really. She was a bitch.

15. Baleforce

Baleforce Clive Allen

do you think those things would not have happened had Heath or Whitelaw won the leadership?

16. Robbo

Robbo Chris Perry

As a Norwegian kid in the 80s, I only knew Thatcher by name - and a Spitting image caricature.

It's interesting to see how, within only a few posts, there are very, very different views on her reign as PM among posters here. Will be even more interesting to follow the developments in this thread. I hope for a lot of insight and not too much quarreling! O:)

17. The Portugeezer

Yeah, they probably would have! I don't have much faith in politics. Politicians are not the answer to our problems.

18. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Mitchell Thomas

I will have a celebratory drink tonight. BTW, you can tell a lot about a person by their children. Oh dear Mark Thatcher.:-k

19. Danners9

Danners9 Luke Young

I'm sure her family will miss her.

20. Hootnow

Hootnow Jermaine Jenas

Probably the most divisive political figure in this country's history. Some see her as the best PM we ever had, without whom this country would be in the brick. Some see her as one of the worst, and a leader who crushed communities who didn't believe in her brand of conservatism to bring us into the 'Modern world'.

In my experience, there is very little in between.