• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

He was excellent today. I’ve wondered at times why he is preferred to Bergwijn. He proved why. His defensive work, in addition to at least a couple of excellent passes; that showed both vision and execution, wow. Well done to him for his performance.

I'd add that you can't really complain about the meteorology of this time (which I've done a lot in recent weeks) and shoot on one of the few guys who're giving everything they have every time they set foot on the pitch. He's not a world beater, his vision and passing could be better (although he almost set up Kane twice today) but he's fighting for every ball.

Some of his more talented team-mates could certainly take a page off his book in that respect...

My thoughts as well, i could never understand those fans who think he is useless, he works hard and never gives up on anything and he has the skill to beat a man. MOM for me.

I think I’ve said before but I think he could be a top class full back for us, with someone more technical in front of him who could cut in and shoot / play a quick pass and him overlapping it would be a a hard flank to defend against. He’s decent in the air and would excel with more space to exploit with less passing decisions to make.

Just to clarify, the part I found surprising was that no Spurs player in the last 4 years had made more tackles in a game, not that Moura hadn’t made 10 in this game.

i guess we had more possession in recent seasons so less opportunities to make a tackle?
Yeah I thought that might be the case but cannot find a leaderboard for per game tackles... so had a trawl on Twitter and looks like Chelsea players have the highest figures in recent years, which fits in with your hypothesis of it being a feature of Mourinho’s counter-attacking culture

Looks like merely reaching double figures was enough to top the tackles table back when we signed Parker

How is that humble pai?
Lucas was phenomenal! The work rate, stamina, vision and awareness was absolutely magnificent!

He is a workhorse like Sissoko. I cant stand Lucas and I dont care that he can now run about a bit and put himself in there. I expect better his wasteful shooting and passing is a joke and one good game does not a summer make.

Just to clarify, the part I found surprising was that no Spurs player in the last 4 years had made more tackles in a game, not that Moura hadn’t made 10 in this game.

i guess we had more possession in recent seasons so less opportunities to make a tackle?
Most of the more advanced stats sites use posession-adjusted figures to allow for things like that.

He is a workhorse like Sissoko. I cant stand Lucas and I dont care that he can now run about a bit and put himself in there. I expect better his wasteful shooting and passing is a joke and one good game does not a summer make.
At his best he's phenomenal. Problem has been that those moments have come rarely and his worst hasn't been anywhere near good enough.

Now his worst is very much acceptable, he does a good job for the team even when the attacking parts of his game doesn't click. If he can do that consistently he will be very useful for us.

At his best he's phenomenal. Problem has been that those moments have come rarely and his worst hasn't been anywhere near good enough.

Now his worst is very much acceptable, he does a good job for the team even when the attacking parts of his game doesn't click. If he can do that consistently he will be very useful for us.

I would agree with this, he is a very good player. He works hard, very good in the air, good close control and like you say on his day he is as very good.

There was a report in the Athletic mentioning Moura.

It is claimed that Mourinho appreciates Moura’s work-rate and willingness to put the team first, while the former PSG man appreciates the Tottenham head coach’s honesty.

The report also claims that the winger is liked by everyone in the dressing room due to his kind nature. It is revealed that the pacy wide man sent food packages consisting of Brazilian-style hot dogs and a coconut dessert to all his teammates during the lockdown.

Speaking about Moura’s gesture, Michel Vorm is quoted as saying: “This is Lucas. He’s such a nice, nice, nice guy.
“I texted him and was like, ‘Is this for me? He was like, ‘Yeah, yeah, enjoy.’ Such a nice guy.
“He’s one of the most genuine guys in football — there’s nothing fake about him. I’m not saying other people are fake, but he is so honest.
“Genuine, in his religion, and in how he is as a person.”

Meanwhile, Danny Rose describes Moura as the “the nicest man I’ve ever come across in football.”

The article explains how Moura’s ability to converse in French, English, and Portuguese has made him a vital piece of glue that holds the dressing room together.

There was a report in the Athletic mentioning Moura.

It is claimed that Mourinho appreciates Moura’s work-rate and willingness to put the team first, while the former PSG man appreciates the Tottenham head coach’s honesty.

The report also claims that the winger is liked by everyone in the dressing room due to his kind nature. It is revealed that the pacy wide man sent food packages consisting of Brazilian-style hot dogs and a coconut dessert to all his teammates during the lockdown.

Speaking about Moura’s gesture, Michel Vorm is quoted as saying: “This is Lucas. He’s such a nice, nice, nice guy.
“I texted him and was like, ‘Is this for me? He was like, ‘Yeah, yeah, enjoy.’ Such a nice guy.
“He’s one of the most genuine guys in football — there’s nothing fake about him. I’m not saying other people are fake, but he is so honest.
“Genuine, in his religion, and in how he is as a person.”

Meanwhile, Danny Rose describes Moura as the “the nicest man I’ve ever come across in football.”

The article explains how Moura’s ability to converse in French, English, and Portuguese has made him a vital piece of glue that holds the dressing room together.

Great report. Shows that some players have value beyond that which our eyes can see...a reminder to his critics (such as me!)...have to say though, the last two games in a 4-4-2 have seen his best performances for some time.

Back