• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lock screen on Mobile, Tablet etc?

Dicko

Edgar Davids
Is there a way to lock the screen so when I show my son cartoons on YouTube or when we Skype the grandparents that he can't touch anything. Cos all he wants to do is hammer the keyboard lol
Can I lock it with some keyboard shortcut or something?

How can you lock the screen when you're watching a youtube video? Surely then you wouldn't be able to watch the video. If you aren't video calling then you can lock the screen as normal on Skype and the call will carry on, you can do it if video calling but obviously wouldn't then be able to see each other.

if its an iOS device you can turn on guided access in accessibility, then triple tap home to turn buttons and touch on and off

if its an iOS device you can turn on guided access in accessibility, then triple tap home to turn buttons and touch on and off

Interesting.Except I switched to Galaxy S5 a while back. Wonder if it has a similar thing? I wanna be able to let him watch a cartoon or something without him touching and stopping the video within 2 secs!

Similar with Skype. I video chat on laptop but my little boy is only 10months and just wants to come up to the screen and walk all over the keyboard lol. Was hoping there was some kind of 'Hit F123' type shortcut that would lock a keyboard?

Interesting.Except I switched to Galaxy S5 a while back. Wonder if it has a similar thing? I wanna be able to let him watch a cartoon or something without him touching and stopping the video within 2 secs!

Similar with Skype. I video chat on laptop but my little boy is only 10months and just wants to come up to the screen and walk all over the keyboard lol. Was hoping there was some kind of 'Hit F123' type shortcut that would lock a keyboard?
Unplug it?

Edit: ignore that - just saw the word laptop. Probably overkill for most people.

On a Windows machine, you could probably create a shortcut to your device list, disable the keyboard/input device (via mouse) and have him bang away

Back