• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

Park Lane James

Andy Sinton
Finally. Bagged an assist for Ade today with a nice cross into the box. We've lost so much shape without the little man, and going into the final stretch of the season we have arguably our most important player back (IMO). A trip away to Sunderland awaits next weekend, and having the little man on the right-hand side will make it a much harder task for them. It also means that we can have one of our biggest attacking threats, Bale, to stay on the left and inflict the most damage.

I can't wait to see Lennon trudging up the right wing at Wembley to torment the facists.

Just shows what we were missing for our hardest run of the season, and how different things could be looking right now! Them's the breaks though, and I'd still rate us favourites to take 3rd looking at our run-in.

We've obviously missed Lennon's abilities but I think his absence was exacerbated by our lack of anything even approaching a similar replacement and Redknapp's subsequent tinkering of the whole midfield.

Looking forward to having him back in the team though and watching him and Bale play.

Yep Hoot - we have not had a like for like option and some would argue getting rid of Pienaar and Townsend (albeit not that like to like) was not the smartest move.

Great to have him return for the final lap.

Key for us. Without him we are so one sided it hurts watching us go forward. So important.

I agree Hootnow. Lennon available makes things simple and he completely changes our overall performance. I am sure that fella from Juve was meant to be cover but it fell through. And hopefully we'll see less of Bale and him switching wings when you see how well they are in their best position.

Great to have the little man back. His confidence will be up after this return too.

Big game v Sunderland now.

So glad, I agree without Lennon it is depressing to have our main threat and style of play supressed, now we can kick back and watch us rip teams new ones

Other than a month of really tough fixtures, I think that Lennon being out has been the main reason for our poor results. We are a lot more predictable and easy to play against without Bale and Lennon in the team.

But, but, but... Lennon can't cross!

Absolutely delighted with him being back and agree with the OP that we have sorely missed him.

Him back, Bale being wide again and Rafa back in full fitness looks ace.

Only worry is Parker and Modric looking really zapped at times.

It's great to have him back but I feel like Redknapp has found a decent solution in the last two games. I'm a big fan of Parker and Sandro sitting and having VDV, Modric and Bale roaming. To be able to bring Lennon off the bench and change the whole shape is great (or if Lennon starts, bring someone else on and do the same thing). So much better than playing Bale on the right and Modric on the left.

In hindsight, should we have signed Bryan Ruiz, who was taken by Fulham in the end? Harry checked him out, but decided against making a move. If we'd had Ruiz as competition and backup for Lennon, we would have kept our winning shape, and who knows where we'd be now. Ifs and buts,..

In hindsight, should we have signed Bryan Ruiz, who was taken by Fulham in the end? Harry checked him out, but decided against making a move. If we'd had Ruiz as competition and backup from Lennon, we would have kept our winning shape, and who knows where we'd be not. Ifs and buts I nkow.

Ruiz is TOTALLY different to Lennon.

Back