• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Tripper

We cannot write him off yet he`s not had a chance, he looks a good athlete, tbh I think a few of our other "disasters" would have benefited from more game time.

I am happy to trust Poch and the coaching staff if they do not think he is ready for our first team. I am sure that he was bought as one for the future, so a season long loan seems like the best option for everyone.

I watched a little clip of Trippier vs Chelsea online. He constantly was knocking balls down the line into the channels, though very few ended up being pulled down by a Burnley player.This appeared (mostly) to be by design, but there were also times when it looked like a last resort.

This however is a concern as I'm not sure how he will cope in possession when pressured. We see how some sides press opponents in their weakest area's in an attempt to force the long ball and a turnover in possession and I can see teams putting him under pressure if he does indeed knock it long everytime he's in a tight spot.

Vorm, Fazio, Dier, Stambouli, Davies, Yedlin, Wimmer, now Trippier.............not one attacking player signed so far under Poch

Last edited by a moderator:
The old analogy that good teams are 'built from the back' perhaps?!?

in this case no because none apart from Dier are really first choice. If everyone is fit, our back line is Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen and Rose, with Mason and Bentaleb in front.

Plus, Davies doesnt really seem like an adequate back up to Rose, they are different. Stambouli is for sale, Fazio wasnt utilised as much as was expected, Yedlin seems to have been signed for commercial and not footballing reasons. If anything, we are really not that strong defensively and it showed last season

in this case no because none apart from Dier are really first choice. If everyone is fit, our back line is Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen and Rose, with Mason and Bentaleb in front.

Plus, Davies doesnt really seem like an adequate back up to Rose, they are different. Stambouli is for sale, Fazio wasnt utilised as much as was expected, Yedlin seems to have been signed for commercial and not footballing reasons. If anything, we are really not that strong defensively and it showed last season

but as we have seen over the years not having the required quality backups in defense can be costly. on paper our defense looks a lot better now than when he arrived - clear first choice back 5 and clear backups for each position, a mixture of youth and experience. only one of the ten doesn't have premiership experience going in to the season (and he's coming from the Bundesliga, probably the most comparable league to our own?)

obviously we know defending is a team game with our current setup but the names with which we have been linked to thus far would certainly hint towards a more defense minded partner for Bentaleb to come in which should add further rigidity to the team.

Very unexciting signing. Low priority. Hope he does well but doesn't solve any remotely urgent problem

I think Full Backs are key to the system, if Poch is not happy with what we have then it makes sense.

We were woeful defensively down that side from my memory, would be good to see some stats on how many chances we conceded from the RB area.

We were definitely targeted at right back last season. It was a weakness other teams identified and exploited. Hopefully next season we'll have a more solid back 4. I don't mind unexciting signings that work - help us win. Especially compared to the post Bale signings which were football manageresque - exciting - but ineffective.

I'm sure Levy will sign someone with silky attacking skills too.

Last edited:
KWP should be playing in cup games. He has the potential to be best Spurs right back in 30 odd years.
True, but if we loan Yedlin to Norwich, we need cover if Walker is having serious troubles with his injury as rumoured. Dier will most probably be a CB. Yes, he could play RB, but at £3,5 mill it's worth getting Trippier in.

Back