1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Juan Foyth

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 30 Aug 2017.

1. AdamB

AdamB Ian Walker

Agree if he was playing as a full back. He was playing at a wing back though. In most games, defence and attack will be a lot more balanced in priority for a WB, particularly given we'll dominate possession in most of our games. Foyth isn't a wing back

2. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

He looked very good yesterday, he has ability and seems really happy with the ball at his feet. He is still trying to adjust to a much faster game then he is used to but settling into it well.

3. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Steve Hodge

Have been saying since the beginning of the season that he would be a great option at right back. I would have him there for the rest of the season if Poch wants to play a back four, including the Ajax games. Ten times more reliable than Trippier in his current form slump.

There is something about him that makes me stand up and notice; the last young defender to do that to me was Ledley....

wiziwig likes this.
  4. Robbo

Robbo Steve Carr

Sounds like a younger version Poch, and by that I just don't mean the accent. I have high hopes for this lad.

wiziwig, nayenezgani and Bedfordspurs like this.
  5. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Frederic Kanoute

Credit to the lad, he played much better than I thought he would yesterday, he did good

6. Jon

Jon Chris Armstrong

Yeah, impressive. Sounds like he’s 400% bought in, which is great news.

Robbo likes this.
  7. NaijaSpurs

Personally, I think his best position could very well be in defensive midfield if Poch groomed him accordingly (and no wise cracks please)

Spur of the moment likes this.
  8. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL John Lacy

Not too shabby for a youngster playing out of position against one of the best wide forwards in Europe :cool:

Robbo, wiziwig and nayenezgani like this.
  9. scaramanga

scaramanga Erik Thorstvedt Staff Member

Sterling's angry, short man clamery at the end of the game shows how much Foyth had him in his pocket.

10. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

Agree, Sterling is not used to being held in check and Foyth did that to him yesterday.

11. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Justin Edinburgh

I really do think this guy could be something special.

If he can just réalisé that when he beats someone that player might just try and win the ball back, so bloody release the thing earlier!!!

But I rate him.

12. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

It will come, 21 years of age and a great future in front of him with Poch"s help.

braineclipse, Robbo and Gazza Dazzla like this.
  13. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mido

'E's mustard. Already.

Love how this guy plays with balls, style and ambition at such a young age. Him and Sanchez are gonna be at the heart of a great backline for the next decade.

14. Raziel

Raziel Steve Carr

I wonder if playing FB could be an answer for him?

As a CB he takes too many risks (and yet we don't want to completely curb that skill side of his game), he needs game time and our FB options aren't exactly great.

At FB he could get game time, play his natural game, and yet not have his errors as immediately costly.

15. NaijaSpurs

The important thing is that one way or another this kid looks like he has a long term future at this club

Robbo likes this.
  16. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

Without a doubt, as for where he should/will play? he is talented without a doubt and at 21 he has time to settle in to whatever position that he/Poch decides for him. Lots of kids of his age ( with the talent he has) play several positions and it will change as he matures.

17. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Vedran Corluka

18. Surfless

Surfless David Kerslake

good for Foythy . Or something.

19. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Vedran Corluka

Odd, I had added that this doesn't seem to augur well for KWP but it hasn't posted.
    We know Poch likes versatility in his players and if in Foyth he has a player in whom he has confidence to be cover for RB then unless KWP is going to get promoted to be one of the two main RBs/RWBs in the squad, he might as well move on, or at least go out on loan. After the event : probably would have been more relevant in the KWP thread.

milo likes this.
  20. AdamB

AdamB Ian Walker

At RB in a back 4 - fine. He doesnt have the pace and dynamism to play there as a wing-back though, so hope we look to solve the problem properly in the summer