• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Hope so too. I have high hopes for him...

You and me both, I said he needs to play in his natural position in central midfield. Seems he has made an impression

"Excellent tonight. So powerful with the ball and carries it forward superbly, I'd really like to see him starting as much as possible. Offers something different from the rest of our midfield."

"This guy is a real real talent. He looked the most assured and experienced player on the field tonight. He must be a starter for us."

"He's going to be quality. To think he is 19 years old is scary. Best all round player on the pitch tonight and has been at the club for less than a week."

"A CM who actually wants the Ball? One who collects it facing his own goal and has the ability to turn move forward and pass forward with the ball? What is this sorcery?"

"Well damn, he actually plays like in the youtube highlights. Very impressed with this guy so far. I think he'll be instrumental for us this year.

Breaks up plays? Check.

Holds up ball well? Check.

Looks up for the best pass prior to passing? Check.

Actually plays passes accurately and logically? Check.

Just what we needed."

And

"I didn't know anything of him until we signed, but you can see why he himself has said he wants to play cm and not AM. Looks to have learnt off dembele at spurs as very similar style (also the version of sissokho who plays for France, not when he plays in England for spurs or Saudi Sportswashing Machine)"

"Isn't it annoying that we've spent 20m on Hourihane and Lansbury and a 19yr old on loan from Spurs has done more against Colchester than they both have in 6 months?

Well done Villa."

Nice reading that. Sounds like that loan might just be perfect for him. One for next season.

Started Villa's 3-0 loss away to Cardiff and was subbed after 77 mins. Still, the Villa fans seem to think he was the only positive and voted him MOTM.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/166...-thread/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-2267727

It doesn't sound like a particularly stable environment for a young player learning the game to be in though.

I can see your point and I know Rose(back when he was not a dingdonghead) said loans were no good for him but Kane seemed to think even the tough ones were beneficial to him and I was reading today how Pickford thought all his loans were the making of him, which is why I wish we had just loaned and not sold McGee.

Odd to see Villa get beat like that, I do the championship such a hard league to predict.

Started Villa's 3-0 loss away to Cardiff and was subbed after 77 mins. Still, the Villa fans seem to think he was the only positive and voted him MOTM.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/166...-thread/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-2267727

It doesn't sound like a particularly stable environment for a young player learning the game to be in though.

So many positive comments on the villatalk.com match thread despite his team getting tonked 0-3

Onomah is a cut above, should just give the ball to him at all times.

Onomah looks the only actual footballer; only a matter of time before Bruce changes that.

Onomah is the real deal.

Tottenham youth player is our best player
default_sad.png

Better. Barely. Onomah seems to be the only actual footballer on the team right now.

It's scary that he's miles better than players we have blown massive sums of money on.

Perhaps a couple of smart loans was always the answer, if you notice, successful teams in this league tend to do it.

Onomah is so much better than the rest of them, wow

Onomah is next level type brick

Am I only the one who thinks Onomah looks like my man Jean Deux in that midfield
default_icon_lol.gif

I'd take off Gabby and push Onomah right up there. He'd do far more.

Positives so far, Onomah has looked good.

Onomah looks quality, get him on the ball centrally and let him play the ball.

Onomah is class. Everyone else is brick

Seriously onomah has been outstanding

ONOMAH OFF? WHAT ARE YOU **** SMOKING STEVE???????????

there is no organisation, no plan, no tactics for attacking, no invention to try something different, Onomah is the only good player, and on this evidence Pochettino should recall him as a matter of protecting his asset.

Cool, take our only good player off.

It's another masterstroke.

why take off your best player lol

Has Bruce got money on Cardiff? Why take our best player off?

Good to see him pleasing the Villa fans so far. Still stand by what I said about what he produced in a Spurs shirt - generally cameo appearances where he sauntered around the pitch as though the world owed him a living and contributed nothing. Will be great if this loan spell is the making of him and he comes back to Spurs next year able to contribute and challenge for a place.

I'd actually like to see Villa struggle a bit this year though given that it will mean that they need to fight for every point, which I think would add more to Onomah rather than play in a Villa team which dominates each game....though from the sound of the comments above, that is unlikely!! Playing CM in the PL isn't a cat walk so he needs that fight, in addition to natural ability.

Plan to try to watch villa games when on telly and when I can this year

I thought Villa would be challenging for the title, now I am wondering after reading that what the first manager to be sacked odds are in the Championship.

Good to see him pleasing the Villa fans so far. Still stand by what I said about what he produced in a Spurs shirt - generally cameo appearances where he sauntered around the pitch as though the world owed him a living and contributed nothing. Will be great if this loan spell is the making of him and he comes back to Spurs next year able to contribute and challenge for a place.

I'd actually like to see Villa struggle a bit this year though given that it will mean that they need to fight for every point, which I think would add more to Onomah rather than play in a Villa team which dominates each game....though from the sound of the comments above, that is unlikely!! Playing CM in the PL isn't a cat walk so he needs that fight, in addition to natural ability.

I think I'm just going to respond every time that you assert something about Onamah's character without any evidence to back it up, but I think Josh deserves it. He would not be highly rated by Poch if he has a poor work rate.

No one is arguing he has failed to make much of an impression in his brief cameos for the first team but to accuse him of sauntering around the pitch as though the world owed him a living is just plain lazy on your part. Whenever I have seen him in a Spurs shirt he has at least tried his best. He HAS chased, he HAS harried, his problem has been in coming on as a substitute and adapting to the faster pace of the PL. But you have to remember we're talking about when he was a teenager!

For you to still keep harping on about him like that when he has been nothing short of outstanding this year is just tiresome.

Move the fudge on !

Very encouraging that villa fans are so positive about him, despite their team being hammered. Bodes very well, keep it up young man!

No one is arguing he has failed to make much of an impression in his brief cameos for the first team but to accuse him of sauntering around the pitch as though the world owed him a living is just plain lazy on your part. Whenever I have seen him in a Spurs shirt he has at least tried his best. He HAS chased, he HAS harried, his problem has been in coming on as a substitute and adapting to the faster pace of the PL. But you have to remember we're talking about when he was a teenager!

For you to still keep harping on about him like that when he has been nothing short of outstanding this year is just tiresome.

Move the fudge on !

How about reading the rest of what I wrote?

I said earlier going out on loan is the best thing for him, he will get a chance to show what he can do and get far more minutes to show it then he would have got here.

I think I'm just going to respond every time that you assert something about Onamah's character without any evidence to back it up, but I think Josh deserves it. He would not be highly rated by Poch if he has a poor work rate.
I think young Josh must have slept with his missus or something but then again the dude is just here to be negative about young players coming through by the looks of it, maybe the whole youth setup up has... Broken record.

Living local I'll defo be heading to the Villa to watch his progress as many times as possible this season.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think young Josh must have slept with his missus or something but then again the dude is just here to be negative about young players coming through by the looks of it, maybe the whole youth setup up has... Broken record.

Living local I'll defo be heading to the Villa to watch his progress as many times as possible this season.

Make sure you sing we know what you are to Mr Terry.

Take one for the team.

Give it a rest. I'm not negative about the whole youth set-up in the slightest, however there is a delusion amongst Spurs fans that just because someone is young that they're automatically going to be a star. Jake Livermore was one of the most ridiculous examples of this - a very technically limited player who got where he did due to his physicality and work-rate (mind you, to be fair to him he really has maximised the potential which he had). Personally I can see KWP making it but based on what I've seen so far, I dont see CCV or Onomah making it (and if you want to define that, you could say 'making it' means starting more than say 50 games for Spurs or another top 6 team). Hopefully they'll prove me wrong. I'd like to also say that whilst most on here were always saying that Kane would never make it, I'm proud to say that I always thought he would do!

To prove that I'm open minded about young Josh, the link below shows a nice bit of determination and skill from him in the latest villa game:

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2017/0...lder-runs-rings-around-championship-opponent/

Hopefully in the Villa loan spell he can show more of this

Back