• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I find the whole thing about Toby not being able to train etc pretty bloody damning to be honest. Very strange behaviour.

Have been a Spurs fan since I was about 7 years old (so roughly 42 odd years).

There have been some brick periods in that time without a doubt, but the thing is, in those other crappy times I wasn't really expecting much from the team. We were always mid-table or thereabouts, but from 2010 we became one of the big boys. Pundits raved about us and how we played. We came so close to winning the league and the expectations went through the roof. Now, even with arguably the best striker on the planet we are slipping backwards into boring mediocrity.

I'm starting to feel that all the good things that started back around 2009-10 are unraveling.

This slide started at the beginning of 2019 (when Dembele left) and we haven't recovered from it.

It's heartbreaking.

There have been some brick periods in that time without a doubt, but the thing is, in those other crappy times I wasn't really expecting much from the team. We were always mid-table or thereabouts, but from 2010 we became one of the big boys. Pundits raved about us and how we played. We came so close to winning the league and the expectations went through the roof. Now, even with arguably the best striker on the planet we are slipping backwards into boring mediocrity.

I'm starting to feel that all the good things that started back around 2009-10 are unraveling.

This slide started at the beginning of 2019 (when Dembele left) and we haven't recovered from it.

It's heartbreaking.

Yes, I agree. If we dont take action by replacing Jose and buying a couple CBs this summer, then we'll face a long slog to get back into CL positions

...And even if we do replace him and get the CBs, it'll be a battle for top 4 next year with Man C, Liverpool, Man U, Cheatski, Leicester and us going for the 4 spots

Worst case is that we keep Jose and Kane leaves - then I think we're looking at a few years without CL football and a long-term rebuild

Heartbreaking as you say. We need Levy to act now

It's heartbreaking.

I think that we'll be alright if we act decisively this summer. We need a progressive manager lined up to come in at the end of next month. We need to have our transfer targets lined up and more importantly, we should be working now to find buyers for the deadwood. We have the core of a good team here, we just need a manager who can send the players out with a game plan that gets the best out of them and to fill a couple of holes.

I've defended Mourinho as I defended Pochettino to the very end, but it is getting harder and harder to do so. I'm extremely concerned about how defensive he has become, not in the playing mentality, but the "me versus the world"-sense. It rings a very similar pattern as his final days at.. well, anywhere.

I'm concerned, for several reasons. First of all, we have had several howlers. Personal errors, gaffes and absurd stuff happening at the back. Now, to have one or two players occationally making a mistake, that will happen. And we deal with that.
But HIS job is to ensure that this does not become a liability. If he has to play with an error prone player, you compensate. If your back four isn't up to standard, you need to compensate. Change the system, shore it up and build on that. He tried, but he failed. When we tried to do that, we ended up being so far back on the pitch that we looked like a row of linebackers. The _other_ way of hiding defensive shortcomings is to deny the opposition the ball. If they don't have it, they can't score. This I cannot say I've seen Mourinho try 100%, and I'm quite uncertain if he is capable of it.

Our main problem is the missing piece in the defensive jigsawpuzzle, the replacement for the leftfooted, ballplaying centreback who is capable of organizing others. Ie. Jan Verthongen at his prime.
Unlike others, I haven't written off Sanchez, Dier, Rodon or anyone, but they need someone beside them. We hired in Nourredine Naybet for one season, and albeit he wasn't a resounding success, I think those who played with him learned a lot about organizing of the defence from him. King became a better organizer, and Dawson in turn improved massively by playing with King after that. (I should have course be making this up in my head, but this is how I remember it)

I don't think the train has completely left the station for Dier (and the others, but Dier in particular) but it is chugging away towards the end of the platform and the speed is building.
My concern is why isn't Mourinho, the defensive mastermind, with his entire team of coaches, able to get the defense in order enough to hide these problems? How come they don't see that as their number one priority? For all I care, he could give the rest of the team three weeks off to play Yahtzee, while he coached nothing but the back four (and possibly the sitting midfielder in front) to perfection.
But he doesn't. And that concerns me a lot. Because that means that Roy Hodgson would do a better job with our current squad. Scared of that? You want to be horrified? So would Big Sam Allardyce...

I think that we'll be alright if we act decisively this summer. We need a progressive manager lined up to come in at the end of next month. We need to have our transfer targets lined up and more importantly, we should be working now to find buyers for the deadwood. We have the core of a good team here, we just need a manager who can send the players out with a game plan that gets the best out of them and to fill a couple of holes.

Agreed. Per my post above, we can rebuild without horrendous loss if we do take action this summer and re-set. My concern is that we don't and we drift into next session, atmosphere goes worse, image of the club goes down further, our decent players want out more,....

Will be interesting to see how vocal our fans our in the cup final in two weeks, assuming we put in a typical Jose performance

Agreed. Per my post above, we can rebuild without horrendous loss if we do take action this summer and re-set. My concern is that we don't and we drift into next session, atmosphere goes worse, image of the club goes down further, our decent players want out more,....

Will be interesting to see how vocal our fans our in the cup final in two weeks, assuming we put in a typical Jose performance

We will waste another season if Mourinho is allowed to continue as manager. We know how his tenures end and it would be inevitable that it would come to a head sometime in the autumn or winter. The difference would be that he would've created another six months worth of damage.

We will waste another season if Mourinho is allowed to continue as manager. We know how his tenures end and it would be inevitable that it would come to a head sometime in the autumn or winter. The difference would be that he would've created another six months worth of damage.

Completely though I'd argue it would be at least 6 months more damage. A new guy would face an easier job of convincing Kane and SOn to stay if he comes in this summer - if we wait through to end of this calendar year, I think the chances of them wanting out in summer 2022 increase substantially. Plus other clubs progress more, we face a harder job of getting top 4 next season. I think its probably more than another season wasted

He has to go the second the league cup final is over. 18 months with a supposedly world class manager and yet still no discernible style of play or system, negative tactics, no plan offensively other than give the ball to Kane. He’s a bit like Wenger, used to be a great coach but isn’t anymore. And the football is dreadful to watch.

I don’t care how many points he got per game, Sherwood is a simpleton and was viewed as such by every serious observer of football when he was in charge of us.

And he still is. He makes Merson sound like Einstein when he’s on Soccer Saturday. He is a sad, but thankfully short, adjunct to our history.
Indeed.... and yet he did better job than Jose Mourinho when managing our club. Sherwood was never the right man to manage us and yet the present manager is worse than him... says it all really. I actually think that Sherwood would do a better job than Jose has with this bunch of players, that is a sad indictment of where our club is right now.

I find the whole thing about Toby not being able to train etc pretty bloody damning to be honest. Very strange behaviour.
He’s probably dared voice his disapproval at Jose’s shot negative tactics or something.... a bit like Dele’s sitting on the naughty step since moaning about our brick long ball tactics in the Amazon doc.

Yes, I agree. If we dont take action by replacing Jose and buying a couple CBs this summer, then we'll face a long slog to get back into CL positions

...And even if we do replace him and get the CBs, it'll be a battle for top 4 next year with Man C, Liverpool, Man U, Cheatski, Leicester and us going for the 4 spots

Worst case is that we keep Jose and Kane leaves - then I think we're looking at a few years without CL football and a long-term rebuild

Heartbreaking as you say. We need Levy to act now
Jose with no Kane is a likely relegation mate.... without his goal involvements we have literally nothing else.

Wow.... So Mourinho has consistently performed FAR worse than Pochettino by Scara/Baleforce’s favourite measure yet he still maintains that Poch was poor and Mourinho is great?

Yeah but he hasn't talked about Lemons so neither of those two are likely to pull an instant 180 on him like they did with Pochettino

We will waste far more than ‘another season’ I think. If he stays another season with Kane wanting out then we will be in serious trouble for the medium term (especially with our ridiculously high debt level)

Last edited:
He’s probably dared voice his disapproval at Jose’s shot negative tactics or something.... a bit like Dele’s sitting on the naughty step since moaning about our brick long ball tactics in the Amazon doc.

Caught out lieing about Alderweireld not being available - makes you wonder what he lied about with Dele's exclusion from the team also

We will waste far more than ‘another season’ I think. If he stays another season with Kane wanting out then we will be in serious trouble for the edium term (especially with our ridiculously high debt level)

The debt is serviceable. It's all long term and on low repayments. If we can sort out a stadium sponsorship deal, that will largely cover it. What's hurting us financially is a lack of match day revenue and not being in the CL.

Back