• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joao Moutinho

Re: First of our 'targets' has already gone elsewhere...

Not sure that's generally seen as wallowing ;)

Indeed. I'm sure he's not exactly gutted he's moving to Monaco.

I'd laugh if the FFF screwed Monaco over because of the tax haven status. I'm not bitter, much.

Indeed. I'm sure he's not exactly gutted he's moving to Monaco.

I'd laugh if the FFF screwed Monaco over because of the tax haven status. I'm not bitter, much.

Have to agree with the first lad, Moutinho is a player we should be signing and we missed out on, was the perfect replacement for Modric. Problem was that he had a very good Euros with Portugal so price went up. As soon as AVB came in was when we should have gone for him not at the last minute like Levy does when it comes to spending big money hence he got caught out playing games with his agent, now he's cost us the signings of Moutinho and Diamao. Levy really needs to come up trumps this summer, as there's many of us questioning his approach to big transfers in the Park Lane.

I think Dembele had a pretty good first season but i feel Moutinho is a different player and if we had him, Dembele and Sandro that would be fantastic 3 closer to the Oscar, Mata and Hazard trio and Chelski.

I think Moutinho was deemed too expensive for us for what he brings.

Yeah but if we sell Modric for 33 mill we were gonna have to pay close to 20 for Moutinho as the guy is a proven CL player and international, probably player of the Euros.

I'm quite fed up of oil clubs. When are we going to join the club please?

Part of the reason they can attract the calibre (and assocaited wages) is because they are a tax haven in comparison to France. If they are forced to move to France they will incur Hollande's draconian tax regime on high earners. Interesting battle will now arise between the French Football League and Monaco. Can you allow the two different financial positions to coexist?

I wonder if the likes of PSG or a medium sized club like Lyon or Bordeaux will cry foul?

Tax is irrelevant. If their crowds are only a few thousand every home game, I cant see how they will adhere to the FFP rules

I'm quite fed up of oil clubs. When are we going to join the club please?

I personally think we'll be taken over in the new few years, we're one of a couple of clubs that are right for the picking and levy is doing his best not to spend any of Joe Lewis's money. Actually, Jo Lewis has never put his hand in his pocket come to think of it so i think if we get a nice bid ENIC will sell.

I personally think we'll be taken over in the new few years, we're one of a couple of clubs that are right for the picking and levy is doing his best not to spend any of Joe Lewis's money. Actually, Jo Lewis has never put his hand in his pocket come to think of it so i think if we get a nice bid ENIC will sell.

Just like ENIC, to sell after FFP laws are clamped into place preventing another Emirates Marketing Project-like splurge. :p

If we were going to go for an oil baron, we'd have gone for one by now. With FFP and the new PL rules coming into effect, the only thing any new sheikh or Russian oligarch will be able to do with the wealth they appropriated from their citizens is build club infrastructure, which ENIC are already close to financing themselves, by the looks of things. So we don't really have any need for a Rybolev or an Abramovich, and even during my most cynical, down-hearted hours, I'll be eternally thankful for that, whether I appreciate that fact or not. :)

They could sell VIP boxes to some of the local billionaires.

But as stated before on FFP on here, everything will have a common price taken from every club.. So they will take the top 20 clubs see what they all charge and take the mean. or better still because it deletes the obscene.. they take the Median.

Back