• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

You don't. You sell him and use the cash on someone who is better on the ball and more versatile

My thoughts as well, it seems to me we have been waiting a very long time for him to find his form and imo its not happening.

Something often missed, Eriksen form went when Wanyama was crocked.
We never replaced big vic and the team was never the same.
Those were the days…

https://www.sportbible.com/football...his-toughest-premier-league-opponent-20170705
Ask any Premier League midfielder who the toughest opponent they've faced over the past two seasons has been, and there's a good chance the majority of them will tell you that it's N'Golo Kante.

But who is the toughest opponent Kante has come up against since he arrived in England? Talking to Chelsea's official website, the two time Premier League champion revealed that Tottenham pair Victor Wanyama and Mousa Dembele gave him the most trouble during the 2016/17 campaign.

"They're a very good team and in midfield Victor Wanyama and Mousa Dembele are so strong."

upload_2021-9-21_6-13-14.jpeg
upload_2021-9-21_6-13-51.jpeg

Bissouma, Sarr(watford) Zakaria,Carvalho(fulham), Ndokue (psv)

Get rid Winks, lucas, lo celso, Ndombele and Dele.

Start promoting and giving some youngsters some game time as well

We need a great RW that scores goals. Even with limited time, Bale managed 16 or so goals last season while Bergwijn got 1 or 2. Lucas isn't a scorer and I would rather use him in as CM-RM in the midfield trio. We need a squad striker, can't believe we didn't get this in so many years. Maybe take another look at that Sanchez+30 mil €-Kounde swap and if a great CM is available, like Kessie, pounce. So 3-4 players tops. Sell some dead wood as well, we still have plenty.

We need a great RW that scores goals. Even with limited time, Bale managed 16 or so goals last season while Bergwijn got 1 or 2. Lucas isn't a scorer and I would rather use him in as CM-RM in the midfield trio.

It's actually usually better to balance a goalscoring WF on one side, with a playmaker on the other. Remember Poch's best side had Son on the left and effectively Eriksen on the right (him and Alli interchanging between right and #10).

Two direct wide players only really works for long ball teams. If you are more of a possession side, you probably want a more creative player on one wing. Using Lo Celso there sometimes at the moment is for a reason.

As well as all these NHG players, we do need to be finding some home grown ones too, particularly if the likes of Dele, WInks, Harry could each be off in a coming window

Saint Maximin is an excellent option. More so than Traore I’d suggest.

Dont see us doing it. We already have 3 left sided dribbly players in Son, Gil and Bergiwgn.

ASM is very decent, but not sure we'd add another leftie. Signing a right sided player or CF would make more sense to me purely in terms of balance within the squad

It's actually usually better to balance a goalscoring WF on one side, with a playmaker on the other. Remember Poch's best side had Son on the left and effectively Eriksen on the right (him and Alli interchanging between right and #10).

Two direct wide players only really works for long ball teams. If you are more of a possession side, you probably want a more creative player on one wing. Using Lo Celso there sometimes at the moment is for a reason.
Our 3 up front scored more than any in the league and would've more if we had Bale at 100%, and I would take that anytime. Our problem was the midfield and especially the defense.

Our 3 up front scored more than any in the league and would've more if we had Bale at 100%, and I would take that anytime. Our problem was the midfield and especially the defense.

The midfield and defence get hammered much more if you're frontline can't hold onto the ball for sustained periods. The balance was completely out during Mourinho's period, we had goalscorers but almost no ballplayers.

Dont see us doing it. We already have 3 left sided dribbly players in Son, Gil and Bergiwgn.

ASM is very decent, but not sure we'd add another leftie. Signing a right sided player or CF would make more sense to me purely in terms of balance within the squad
Saint maxim plays anywhere
He is not a player for one side
He is also a very good passer

Back