• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is it just scum who shop in Tesco?

Waitrose recently have been churning out some fairly vile brick for their implied standardd. Some of their steak has been well below par. I don't do a lot of ready meals but a couple I have had recently have been grim.

No supermarket appear able to put fully cooked potatoes in a salad. M&S are particularly bad at this. Try their Nicoise, get cooked spuds and win a fookin prize. I tend to buy veg from farm shops where I can but I tend to be more price conscious these days. When I did miss Wartrose one evening I picked up a tray of veg from LIDL. What I bought cost me about ?ú30. The same load from Waitrose would have easily been double. Does make you think. Just hard to fault Waitrose for service. When you notice a staff member who sticks out for the wrong reasons you will notice they don't last very long at all.

I don't know how anyone could bring themselves to even enter dumps like 99p Land :( Each to their own, but - to me - go in there, and you might as well just admit you've seriously failed at life. 99p - hardly living the dream is it? :/

Personally, I hurry past; keen to ensure no-one even gets the slightest thought of associating me with it - errghh.

Tesco is the only super market for 18 miles.

Do you live in outer-Mongolia?

I shop at Sainsbury's......Tesco's has gone down hill,hence why they are now spending billions on a major store refresh.

All their growth is international now.

If you shop in the day you see more plebs, after work is the post work commuters and weekends is full of kids, forget it!

We have a massive 24 hour Tesco Mega centre place nearby that I do frequent if I need sommat out of hours though, its full of scum though.

I can't take Iceland seriously since they had Stacey Soloman not only prattling on about 'coming home for Christmas', but also gushing over how cheap a bag of frozen prawns were. She's Jewish for fudge sake!? ](*,)

About the only thing M&S is famous for, is top class food mate. You're the first person in GHod knows how many years who's said their food is brick. It's pricey - yes, but you do get what you pay for. They need to improve their bakery though - I've written to the boss of Cheshunt M&S, as they NEVER have: 1) anyone serving, and 2) my favourite crusty rolls. Not good enough.

fudge me, thats a bit ballsy to slate a council estate mum from your manor, when you do that.

:lol:

Last edited:
I can't take Iceland seriously since they had Stacey Soloman not only prattling on about 'coming home for Christmas', but also gushing over how cheap a bag of frozen prawns were. She's Jewish for fudge sake!? ](*,)

Jews not big on the old prawns then? :-k

Depends on the area and store I guess. Sainsbury Local's appear to be inferior to Tesco Express (at least around London). I personally prefer Tesco, but in all honesty almost each supermarket has something over its rivals. Discounting Waitrose (which I usually shop at because I live in the Wharf) I much prefer Tesco's deli meats and ready prepared meals to that of Sainsburys, but Sainsburys packed cold meats are superior.

If I go to the large chain supermarkets it's usually Co-op or Sainsburys. I think M&S fruit and veg is brick. Waitrose is nice but not worth the money IMO. But generally I prefer getting stuff from the local Turkish convenience stores where you get a better and cheaper variety of ethnic food items. I also shop pretty regularly at the thai supermarket in Camden as that's close to me and I cook a lot of southeast Asian food.

I don't know how anyone could bring themselves to even enter dumps like 99p Land :( Each to their own, but - to me - go in there, and you might as well just admit you've seriously failed at life. 99p - hardly living the dream is it? :/

Personally, I hurry past; keen to ensure no-one even gets the slightest thought of associating me with it - errghh.

Poundland is a hive of opportunity mate... When I wanted to put a last minute cowboy costume together, Poundland. When I needed to harvest some cheap parts from solar garden lamps for a project, Poundland. When I wanted a BEAUTIFUL Will & Kate cushion to make a charming present for a mate, Poundland.

Don't let your pride get in the way of the wonderful possibilities this store presents you.

As for Tesco. I don't think it's chavy in the slightest. If anything, it represents middle England. Try going into Asda or Morrisions. Your single mum was probably as shocked to find herself in there as you were.

Personally I like Waitrose as they sell a lot of things you can't find elsewhere (fresh oregano for one), but I'm not adverse to Sainsburys or Tesco.

Poundland is a hive of opportunity mate... When I wanted to put a last minute cowboy costume together, Poundland. When I needed to harvest some cheap parts from solar garden lamps for a project, Poundland. When I wanted a BEAUTIFUL Will & Kate cushion to make a charming present for a mate, Poundland.

Don't let your pride get in the way of the wonderful possibilities this store presents you.

As for Tesco. I don't think it's chavy in the slightest. If anything, it represents middle England. Try going into Asda or Morrisions. Your single mum was probably as shocked to find herself in there as you were.

Personally I like Waitrose as they sell a lot of things you can't find elsewhere (fresh oregano for one), but I'm not adverse to Sainsburys or Tesco.

This is true. I once found an amazing Jesus bin as a present for a friend there.

There's a huge Tesco in Watford which is awesome from the sheer range of goods on sale.

Located between heavily trafficced roads and only accessible for vermin with some difficulty.

The central city pedestrian area on a saturday night, however, oh good lord 8-[

Waitrose recently have been churning out some fairly vile brick for their implied standardd. Some of their steak has been well below par. I don't do a lot of ready meals but a couple I have had recently have been grim.

No supermarket appear able to put fully cooked potatoes in a salad. M&S are particularly bad at this. Try their Nicoise, get cooked spuds and win a fookin prize. I tend to buy veg from farm shops where I can but I tend to be more price conscious these days. When I did miss Wartrose one evening I picked up a tray of veg from LIDL. What I bought cost me about ?ú30. The same load from Waitrose would have easily been double. Does make you think. Just hard to fault Waitrose for service. When you notice a staff member who sticks out for the wrong reasons you will notice they don't last very long at all.

What is the prize you win?

I think M&S are putting more money into their food side of the business, it is the only thing keeping them afloat now.

Ah, Chich is on another drunken thread resurrection session. Is it Thursday already, my how this week has flown!

These threads do make me a tad teary eyed and nostalgic for the old posters though. Shiek, Southstand, Leeds... I do hope Roy is ok - 6 months unseen on here :-(

Back