• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I'm going to be a daddy

Don't often post but have been on the site for years, registered and lurking. Found out my Mrs was pregnant with our first.

On Thursday she called me saying she was bleeding, next day we're in the hospital having scans and being told they can't see any baby anymore.

Last two days has been a haze, I'm in absolute bits, we had a little cry yesterday and I have to be strong for her but when I saw my best mate earlier I broke down in pieces.

Not even sure why I've typed this, but the last few weeks I've re-read this thread loads of times for advice and hoped to be sharing my journey in here soon, but it wasn't to be.
Really sorry to hear that mate.
I'm sure that there isn' anything anyone can say at the moment that will help numb your pain, but I hope getting it out helped a even just a little.

Don't often post but have been on the site for years, registered and lurking. Found out my Mrs was pregnant with our first.

On Thursday she called me saying she was bleeding, next day we're in the hospital having scans and being told they can't see any baby anymore.

Last two days has been a haze, I'm in absolute bits, we had a little cry yesterday and I have to be strong for her but when I saw my best mate earlier I broke down in pieces.

Not even sure why I've typed this, but the last few weeks I've re-read this thread loads of times for advice and hoped to be sharing my journey in here soon, but it wasn't to be.
So so sorry to hear this pal

How awful. I am really sorry to hear that.

It's a pretty fudging horrible thing to happen mate - happened 3 times to my wife and I.

First time was the worst - you set up to change your life, all you can think about is your first kid and than it hits you like a fudging juggernaut.

The only advice I can offer is stay strong for your other half, you're the only two that are in your precise situation and you both need each other.

The good news is that in time you'll feel ready to try again and that by the time you do have a kid this will quickly become a distant memory. It sounds like a strange thing to say, but I've ended up almost grateful it happened. My son's the best thing that ever happened to me and if what happened hadn't, then I'd have a different kid and I wouldn't swap mine for the world.

One of the things that gave me very slight consolation was being told how common this is. One in five pregnancies end this way, most people are lucky and never know they were even pregnant - the rest tend not to talk about it so it seems like it doesn't happen much. Just make sure your other half doesn't start down the "what did I do wrong" route - it's mentally damaging and doesn't lead to any answers. Bad brick just happens is the only correct answer. On our third (and successful) try, we'd given up hope but had been told that the midwifery unit only investigates for problems after three in a row. So we were going through the motions just to find out what was wrong - we went on holiday just after we found out. My wife ate carpaccio, drank wine with dinner, drank caffeine, etc knowing nothing would come of it. Except this time it did, so just remember that nothing either of you did or could have done would have changed your situation.

I won't lie, you're in for a tough couple of months - both of you. But I can tell you that things will improve and at some point this will become a small footnote in your history.

Dont often post on this thread and I usually post jokey posts. But this is no joke, it is a death no matter how infant the baby was. I hope the NHS and they do a lot of good work offer you and your other half some advice. With any death you need to take time to grief and understand the process. My sincere thoughts are with you mate and if you need a shoulder to cry on, I am on here quite a lot at the moment so feel free to PM me anytime day or night.

Wishing you love, ben,

Was starting to have all these visions of taking him to the game etc.

We have to go back to the hospital on Friday for a scan and blood test, but they haven't offered us anything in the way of support. I found out about the stat regarding miscarriages after the event. She was apologising through tears afterwards which was was brick. I've told her she's done nothing wrong etc. Last night she was sick all night, throwing up asking what we've done to deserve this.

Had a football match earlier, nearly broke down there but held it together, just trying to get on with life. Me and the enemy are strong though, it's probably brought us closer together. I did smash someone of the other team about 50 foot in the air though. Yellow card.

Really sorry to hear this. My wife and I went through similar - I won't go into it but we had various miscarriages and also a still born. It's fudging tough but if you can stay strong together and understand you will both need to grieve in different ways then you will get through it. I wish you all the best

Sorry to hear that mate. Time is a great healer. I think it happens to plenty of people but you don't hear about it, as obviously it is not publicised... it happened to me years ago, but all is forgotten as we had a child a year later.

Sorry to hear that mate. Time is a great healer. I think it happens to plenty of people but you don't hear about it, as obviously it is not publicised... it happened to me years ago, but all is forgotten as we had a child a year later.

Exactly the same with us, almost a year to the day our second was born after having lost one.

Its a terrible situation, surreal, and takes time to mourn and heal - but life eventually goes on and good things can still happen, even if it doesnt look like it now.

Miscarriages are sadly not uncommon. Several of my mates have been through it, and it's been hard on them. Luckily they've all managed to carry on and had healthy babies after. Hope those here concerned do too!

Thanks to all, back at work. Concentration levels are low, motivation is low and Spurs were brick.

Kids adapt to change so well

My step-daughter started a new school mid-term this week, she is almost 9
No fuss, no tears just excitement and a great attitude and she has loved it, she also came home with a head teachers award for how she has been this week

Super proud tonight

Yesterday a new little Spurs boy entered this world! What a fantastic experience! So proud, especially of my wife. Can't even imagine the pain and effort required, but she was a real star. Just lying beside him at the hospital now, admiring the little fella. Just looking at him makes daddys eyes full of water. So happy!

Yesterday a new little Spurs boy entered this world! What a fantastic experience! So proud, especially of my wife. Can't even imagine the pain and effort required, but she was a real star. Just lying beside him at the hospital now, admiring the little fella. Just looking at him makes daddys eyes full of water. So happy!

Congratulations!

That feeling doesn’t go away, I still spend time watching my two sleep and it always puts a smile on my face, my eldest is nearly 8.

Congratulations to you and Mrs Kandi!

Congrats my friend, welcome to the best job in the world

Back