• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I aint no Sheikh-but lets talk weather

Enjoy next week guys, BBQ weather for those who love a sausage!

Shortlived though, pattern change ahead - about 10 days or so, not much in the way of rain, but a return to average (or slightly below) temps into the end of the first week in April. Some sharp, relatively unseasonal frosts could well be in the offing. Any rain over the next 6mths is dependant on the strenth of El Nina; weak and Europe is dry, strong and Europe is wet. At the moment, it's 50/50 which way it will do, but 100yr average favours the latter. Some MJO compositves suggest higher than average mixing though, and that would deliver weaker EN. Long shot in my humble though.

Enjoy next week guys, BBQ weather for those who love a sausage!

Shortlived though, pattern change ahead - about 10 days or so, not much in the way of rain, but a return to average (or slightly below) temps into the end of the first week in April. Some sharp, relatively unseasonal frosts could well be in the offing. Any rain over the next 6mths is dependant on the strenth of El Nina; weak and Europe is dry, strong and Europe is wet. At the moment, it's 50/50 which way it will do, but 100yr average favours the latter. Some MJO compositves suggest higher than average mixing though, and that would deliver weaker EN. Long shot in my humble though.

Looks like the Sheikh has come up trumps (again) with his long term outlook.

You would not adam and eve it but from tuesday onwards it will be feeling like winter again. Frosts, cold air and freezing levels down to sea level, plus any moisture looking like it will fall as snow (defo for scotland, and probable for north england and maybe south-east esp tues night into wed).

Just as the south-coast was feeling like Rio last week its time for bobble hats again:rolleyes: And what was all that about up Aberdeen way with there run of 21-23oC days in March............i'm sure the Sheikh can explain all.

I popped to the shop about 7.30am and my car windscreen was fully frosted up, lovely sunny morning though

Sheiky me old old mucker, I don't suppose you are able to offer long term forecasting for foreign countries are you? I'm going to Vancouver at the end of May and then spending two weeks in the rockies in the first half of June. Any idea what the weather may be like there at that time?

So were due to get a months worth of rain in the next 2 days, fantastic...

Experts, when are we due to get some dry and warmer days please ??

Rain isn't too bad but when it's accompanied by wind and the cold then it gets a tad annoying...

So aare we still expecting a drought this summer?

Rain isn't too bad but when it's accompanied by wind and the cold then it gets a tad annoying...

So aare we still expecting a drought this summer?

We already have one, it's sustained winter rain we need, not downpours such as now, it runs off the ground into storm drains as opposed to seeping into the ground to replenish stocks.

We already have one, it's sustained winter rain we need, not downpours such as now, it runs off the ground into storm drains as opposed to seeping into the ground to replenish stocks.

I do not understand this argument as i thought it was the reservoirs that needed filling up, surely it is just like a sink and the more water that is in them the less chance of a drought.

Rain is starting to tinkle me off now i keep getting wet when im working, usually enjoy outside jobs not this week, thank GHod i did not plant out a lot of my veg yet.

I don't know, it's starting to get pretty muddy under foot in the parks again now. If it keeps it up it'll start making a difference hopefully. Well enough to end this talk of the drought going through to December anyway.

I do not understand this argument as i thought it was the reservoirs that needed filling up, surely it is just like a sink and the more water that is in them the less chance of a drought.

Rain is starting to tinkle me off now i keep getting wet when im working, usually enjoy outside jobs not this week, thank GHod i did not plant out a lot of my veg yet.

It's not just the reserviors but the aquifers underground as well mate. If the water cannot penetrate the soil, then the groundwater cannot be replenished.

Edit: btw Chich, I was down in your neck of the woods this weekend. Very nice too.

Last edited:

The sky's fallen in in the last hour, hope you haven't been washed (or pounded by that hail!) away chich:). Only the old biddies are out braving it, but if you've been through 2 world wars tis is nothing.

It's not just the reserviors but the aquifers underground as well mate. If the water cannot penetrate the soil, then the groundwater cannot be replenished.

Edit: btw Chich, I was down in your neck of the woods this weekend. Very nice too.

That's what I was trying to say in my hamfisted way, you've put it far more eloquently.

Back