• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Succession planning for Hugo is high up the priority list in my view. He's 34 in December and we dont want to get to the point where his performances drop and our only back-up is Hart and Gazzaniga.

A promising young-ish GK (mid 20s?) should be happy to join and challenge Lloris, safe in the knowledge that Hugo probably only has a couple years' left in him and at that point the new GK becomes number 1 in a top PL team. Who that keeper is, I have no idea....but thats not my job!

Succession planning for Hugo is high up the priority list in my view. He's 34 in December and we dont want to get to the point where his performances drop and our only back-up is Hart and Gazzaniga.

A promising young-ish GK (mid 20s?) should be happy to join and challenge Lloris, safe in the knowledge that Hugo probably only has a couple years' left in him and at that point the new GK becomes number 1 in a top PL team. Who that keeper is, I have no idea....but thats not my job!
I think it might be a case if we go and buy an established no.1 in their late 20s and maybe Hugo stays on as the backup or we get a junior number 2 as that succession plan. The thing with the young number 2s is they really need games to get the match experience so they are better off on loan imo. I’ve always liked Pope if we are looking domestically.

I think it might be a case if we go and buy an established no.1 in their late 20s and maybe Hugo stays on as the backup or we get a junior number 2 as that succession plan. The thing with the young number 2s is they really need games to get the match experience so they are better off on loan imo. I’ve always liked Pope if we are looking domestically.

Depends on your definition of 'young'. I wasn't meaning 18-30 years old, but Dean Henderson is 23 and after spending a year as first choice at Sheff Utd, he's gone back to Utd as De Gea's successor or a challenge to him.

Frankly, I'm not that bothered what age the person is, but I do think that its high up the priority list along with CB, CM, making Vinicius permanent (or replacing him) and probably signing Bale permanently too

Depends on your definition of 'young'. I wasn't meaning 18-30 years old, but Dean Henderson is 23 and after spending a year as first choice at Sheff Utd, he's gone back to Utd as De Gea's successor or a challenge to him.

Frankly, I'm not that bothered what age the person is, but I do think that its high up the priority list along with CB, CM, making Vinicius permanent (or replacing him) and probably signing Bale permanently too
When I was thinking of ‘young’ Henderson was the only one I could think of and is unavailable. So whilst I tend to agree we need to plan for life without Hugo I think it will more likely be be someone who is already number one somewhere and therefore maybe a little older than mid 20s.
CB without doubt, again an experienced head for Sanchez and hopefully Rodon and Tanganga will give us options and depth there.
CM would really like to upgrade on Sissoko with someone who is good defensively but can also offer something in possession - then they can either partner or challenge Hojberg depending on the opponent. Someone suggested Bissouma to me earlier, presume they were watching the game today!
Vincius and Bale we have the luxury of the rest of the season to judge them, ideally they both prove themselves, a backup CF remains a must and the RWF is a challenging one - I really like the idea of Bale giving us a long range threat from that side but need to see if he can show enough physically, especially when we are sitting deep and all the space is in front. Moura, Lamela and Bergwijn all do great pressing and defensive jobs but I’d like more offensively from them. I’m being picky though, this is the best depth I can remember, we have 3 or 4 players who who would have started last season not making the bench.

When I was thinking of ‘young’ Henderson was the only one I could think of and is unavailable. So whilst I tend to agree we need to plan for life without Hugo I think it will more likely be be someone who is already number one somewhere and therefore maybe a little older than mid 20s.
CB without doubt, again an experienced head for Sanchez and hopefully Rodon and Tanganga will give us options and depth there.
CM would really like to upgrade on Sissoko with someone who is good defensively but can also offer something in possession - then they can either partner or challenge Hojberg depending on the opponent. Someone suggested Bissouma to me earlier, presume they were watching the game today!
Vincius and Bale we have the luxury of the rest of the season to judge them, ideally they both prove themselves, a backup CF remains a must and the RWF is a challenging one - I really like the idea of Bale giving us a long range threat from that side but need to see if he can show enough physically, especially when we are sitting deep and all the space is in front. Moura, Lamela and Bergwijn all do great pressing and defensive jobs but I’d like more offensively from them. I’m being picky though, this is the best depth I can remember, we have 3 or 4 players who who would have started last season not making the bench.
Bissouma has been good for some time, hence why poop are rumoured too
He looks to have the brain and the brawn but hard to tell how he would step up

Last edited:
As i have said before he seems to be stuck on his line far more then he used to, not sure if that is team orders or not and i expect its not.

The first one, he just didn't react to the deflection, it took ages to loop in, had he moved for it he would have kept it out.

I think that's a bit harsh but fair enough. However, your wider point I fully agree with. After months of making almost no errors, he's had a hand in us conceding a few recently. They haven't been ridiculous howlers but worrying nonetheless.

I think that's a bit harsh but fair enough. However, your wider point I fully agree with. After months of making almost no errors, he's had a hand in us conceding a few recently. They haven't been ridiculous howlers but worrying nonetheless.

More worrying than ridiculous howlers* for me, it's a consistent pattern of misjudgement.

*I think the Palace one counts as this, dropping the ball in the middle of a crowded box.

More worrying than ridiculous howlers* for me, it's a consistent pattern of misjudgement.

*I think the Palace one counts as this, dropping the ball in the middle of a crowded box.

Fair point. I wouldn’t be as harsh on him for palace as you because it was a super free kick, at pace that came through some bodies but he should have done better.

I think that was a really bad goal for him, the cross game in fairly low and instead of coming out to catch/ punch away he was flat footed.

The first one, he just didn't react to the deflection, it took ages to loop in, had he moved for it he would have kept it out.

The difficulty with assessing that is that we get to see it multiple times in slow motion and dissect it.

First time, real time, if your weight is on the other foot it’s impossible to readjust that quickly and get your body weight off the floor.

Wolves had a long range shot about 5 minutes ago which took a deflection, Hugo was stood flat footed again and looked to be waiting for it to hit the net before it had even taken the deflection. If that had not hit our player that would have been a goal.

Back