• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Hugo is a symptom, not the cause.
Our defending is poor atm.
We are to casual and slow on the ball in midfield and our press isn't working either.

It's mainly the rushing out, though, and he's doing more of that because our midfielders increasingly put the CBs under pressure with scary, slipshod passing. Doubt there's a simple explanation or solution for that, but it seems rather unfair to focus on Hugo.

And it may be that the attacker would have been pincered, on the other hand he was decelerating partly because he had a bright yellow Frenchman whizzing towards him at speed, which would give anyone pause. The counterfactual scenario where Hugo stays in goal remains an unknowable.

I dont actually mind him coming out, I think he had to. And when you do, its always a risk.

Alderweireld and Sanchez hardly covered themselves in glory last night, I didnt expect them to deal with it watching the situation unfold.

If you want to complain about Lloris, how about his awful kicking and distribution? He has been here years and not improved it at all. He lacks power and accuracy in his kicking, and when he tries to play it out he regularly plays people into trouble, its a massive frustration for me he just hasnt got any better at all with either. Considering its a large part of his role in the side, its embarrassing how poor he is.

I dont actually mind him coming out, I think he had to. And when you do, its always a risk.

Alderweireld and Sanchez hardly covered themselves in glory last night, I didnt expect them to deal with it watching the situation unfold.

If you want to complain about Lloris, how about his awful kicking and distribution? He has been here years and not improved it at all. He lacks power and accuracy in his kicking, and when he tries to play it out he regularly plays people into trouble, its a massive frustration for me he just hasnt got any better at all with either. Considering its a large part of his role in the side, its embarrassing how poor he is.

That's entirely fair, on the other hand it's a weakness in his game that's easy to compensate for when he has Verts and Toby in front of him. And not a good enough reason to offload him.

Hugo is a fine goalkeeper.
Hugo is going through a good period of form i.e. against Westham.
He is a good sweeper keeper and he will always make mistakes it comes with the territory.
Do his roosterups annoy me? of course, but thats sport!

That's entirely fair, on the other hand it's a weakness in his game that's easy to compensate for when he has Verts and Toby in front of him. And not a good enough reason to offload him.

I absolutely am not looking for reasons to offload him. Rather offering something I feel is an actual valid criticism of him.

We do compensate for it, but it really irks me that we have to. Its the most fundamental thing in sport, work on your weaknesses, its where the biggest gains are found. And I honestly think his kicking/distribution are as poor now as the day he signed.

Imagine if he could kick like Paul Robinson used to, how much would that bring to our side?

I thought Sanchez did well last night.
Seems hugos kicking his improved this year. He's finding the full backs much more with those long chips out to the sides.

I thought Sanchez was ok, no more, and I think the defence on the whole just didnt seem secure.

Cant say Ive noted any real improvement in his kicking, but Id be delighted if you have spotted some that I havent.

Back