• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this January?

What will be our net spend this January?

• Total voters
I think we'll make about £15m profit.

January is very much a seller's market and I think the likes of Paulinho, Chiriches, Capoue and Dembele will actually hold decent value (we'll maybe get around 75% of what we paid for each).

We won't get much, if anything, for Ade or Kaboul, unless QPR start panicking; in which case it's windfall time.

Not a penny and no doubt Poch will get the boot when things turn sour in february march time.

We don't need to spend money.

We've got a bloated squad and ideally would end the window 5 or 6 players down (thereby generating a significant surplus, even if we do sign two or even three £10m+ players).

Also remember 9 of our 10 most expensive signings have been relative flops. Only Modric defies the trend.

We've got a bloated squad and ideally would end the window 5 or 6 players down (thereby generating a significant surplus, even if we do sign two or even three £10m+ players).

Also remember 9 of our 10 most expensive signings have been relative flops. Only Modric defies the trend.

Not sure about 5 or 6, but at least a couple players down would be fine. And we already have one incoming in Yedlin.

Effectively replacing highly paid older pros with youngsters like Kane, Bentaleb and Mason will significantly cut our wage budget too, for now at least.

Hmmm - While I don't think we necessiarly need to spend a lot of money, I think we do need a few players in.

1. If we are to lose Mason I don't really see another player suited to playing this role (perhaps Paulinho is next best suited?) so I think we need to look for another player who can play that box to box role.

2. If things really have gone sour with Adebayor then we are only one injury away from trouble up front (I know Kane could fill in there, but that would weaken us in the number 10 position).

Delph and Gignac could be smart signings to tide us over and give us competition for places for the remainder of the season. Both of them could probably be signed for less than we would fetch if selling any of Capoue, Dembele, Chiriches or Paulinho.

Hmmm - While I don't think we necessiarly need to spend a lot of money, I think we do need a few players in.

1. If we are to lose Mason I don't really see another player suited to playing this role (perhaps Paulinho is next best suited?) so I think we need to look for another player who can play that box to box role.

2. If things really have gone sour with Adebayor then we are only one injury away from trouble up front (I know Kane could fill in there, but that would weaken us in the number 10 position).

Delph and Gignac could be smart signings to tide us over and give us competition for places for the remainder of the season. Both of them could probably be signed for less than we would fetch if selling any of Capoue, Dembele, Chiriches or Paulinho.

Whilst I see merit in what you're saying, I really don't think signings to tide us over is a great idea, we have enough so-so players we're probably going to struggle to get rid of as it is. That said, I do like Delph as a player anyway.

Not sure about 5 or 6, but at least a couple players down would be fine. And we already have one incoming in Yedlin.

Effectively replacing highly paid older pros with youngsters like Kane, Bentaleb and Mason will significantly cut our wage budget too, for now at least.

I think its time that many of our so called flops were moved on. We don't need the money we just need to get rid of the attitude.

I am sure that that both club and plenty of these players will be happy to move on and put this all behind them before their reputations are damaged any further.

We need to thin the squad

- Dembele, Paulinho, Capoue, Townsend -> at least 2 have to go
- Ade, Kaboul, Capoue -> as seemingly not on message, again at least 2 to go
- Vlad if rumours are to believed

So 4, possibly 5 out.

I would hope we are willing to spend on 2 quality players, neutral spend might do it, but maybe a little extra required depending on who we convince.

We need to thin the squad

- Dembele, Paulinho, Capoue, Townsend -> at least 2 have to go
- Ade, Kaboul, Capoue -> as seemingly not on message, again at least 2 to go
- Vlad if rumours are to believed

So 4, possibly 5 out.

I would hope we are willing to spend on 2 quality players, neutral spend might do it, but maybe a little extra required depending on who we convince.

Was that intentional?:D

Which joker suggested 15 million plus? No, scratch that: who here believes we'll spend anything above what we bring in?!?

People still fall for that 'ambition' malarkey. Can see why it's so useful.

Which joker suggested 15 million plus? No, scratch that: who here believes we'll spend anything above what we bring in?!?

People still fall for that 'ambition' malarkey. Can see why it's so useful.

;) purely to wind you up old bean

we will only spend what we bring in, just hope we spend it more wisely

don't see much movement at all, Veljkovic will probably get another loan (or extend his current one, not sure if he's getting games to be honest), i can't see any realistic big outs that would pay for an in, Chiriches maybe, and whilst we are obviously short on quality the body count is probably about right so I expect we'll wait until the off season

all in all, it's gonna be a break even window

don't see much movement at all, Veljkovic will probably get another loan (or extend his current one, not sure if he's getting games to be honest), i can't see any realistic big outs that would pay for an in, Chiriches maybe, and whilst we are obviously short on quality the body count is probably about right so I expect we'll wait until the off season

all in all, it's gonna be a break even window

Dembele, Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches, Townsend, Adebayor and Naughton all look expendable to me. Neither will fetch a massive fee, but selling a handful of those of those could raise some money at least.

they are from our POV, it's finding clubs that would actually pay for them
that's the problem

Chiriches has his admirers and Naughton could probably find a loan deal but no one is going to pay the money for the others that Levy would accept

Back