• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Help an Ipad newbie out

For various reasons I use 365, GSuite and iCloud for calendar syncing and sharing on iOS and they all work fine.

I don't get it... why did you send a link to a Scientology film... is it a joke that iPhone fans are crazy Apple loons like Scientology nutjobs?

I called the folder Phots so I knew it was my folder and would not get confused with an Android subfolder called Photos.

To the first one, basically yes. It was a joke but I could go on a rant about Apple. I'll save my virtual breath though as Apple has already cost me a whole day fudging around the weekend just gone. :mad:

To the second, it was a joke, but why not just use the photos folder. ;)

I got an Apple TV today and feel like shooting myself in the head setting it up using that little fudging brain dead little fudger of a remote. WHAT THE ACTUAL fudge? WHO DESIGNS brick LIKE THIS??? It's fudging unusable.

There are only six buttons on that remote, and of those, I want to use fudging two! I don't want a dedicated button to speak to a fudging robot, I just want some fudging subs on. fudge.

Last edited:
I got an Apple TV today and feel like shooting myself in the head setting it up using that little fudging brain dead little fudger of a remote. WHAT THE ACTUAL fudge? WHO DESIGNS brick LIKE THIS??? It's fudging unusable.

There are only six buttons on that remote, and of those, I want to use fudging two! I don't want a dedicated button to speak to a fudging robot, I just want some fudging subs on. fudge.
It's an incredibly over hyped gadget. As all Apple products. There are many much better alternatives.

Horse has bolted and all that but you can set a new Apple TV up just by putting your iPhone on top of it.

Sitting here trying to figure out how to transfer a fudging video file to my iPad, supposedly it's done via iTunes, but the movie file is of course nowhere to be found on the bloody ipad! This would've taken me roughly 12 seconds on a PC! How has it taken me fudging half an hour already, and I need to download fudging iCloud for Windows to just get this simplest of tasks done? fudging Apple. Design geniuses!

Edit - ONE hour after I started this, I finally got it working. I mean, fudge me, I almost got a heart attack trying to get this brick to work. Apple makes a lot of brick stuff. Don't buy it.

Last edited:
Love my AppleTV 4K. Amazing device.

Sorry haters!

But do you truly love that little remote control where you have to slide your finger over it to move the cursor instead of just click? Because every time I have to enter a password with that thing I feel like throwing myself off a bridge. Let's see, ok, slide over to Y, oh fudge, got to P, back to Y, no hit R, oh accidentally entered R, need to delete that, slide over to backspace, oh fudge hit enter instead, wrong password, start all over. Thanks, apple, great design!

But do you truly love that little remote control where you have to slide your finger over it to move the cursor instead of just click? Because every time I have to enter a password with that thing I feel like throwing myself off a bridge. Let's see, ok, slide over to Y, oh fudge, got to P, back to Y, no hit R, oh accidentally entered R, need to delete that, slide over to backspace, oh fudge hit enter instead, wrong password, start all over. Thanks, apple, great design!
Nope, never used it.
The HDMI-CEC which they finally implemented on this version means I just use the same remote which is in my hand (usually the LG panel remote). Works seamlessly - why don’t you just use your tv remote instead?

Also, why are you using the remote for password entry? The iPhone/iPad automatically offers you a full qwerty keyboard to use as soon as a key string entry is required.

Nope, never used it.
The HDMI-CEC which they finally implemented on this version means I just use the same remote which is in my hand (usually the LG panel remote). Works seamlessly - why don’t you just use your tv remote instead?

Also, why are you using the remote for password entry? The iPhone/iPad automatically offers you a full qwerty keyboard to use as soon as a key string entry is required.

I don't use it very often, so haven't really bothered to look into it, but if I can use my normal remote somehow, that would be great. Thanks for the tip. :) I also use my ipad maybe once every two weeks, so every time I use it it's out of battery and I need to charge it, so not very handy to use as a remote. But maybe I should just start to station it in the living room. Thanks for the pro tips! :)

I don't use it very often, so haven't really bothered to look into it, but if I can use my normal remote somehow, that would be great. Thanks for the tip. :) I also use my ipad maybe once every two weeks, so every time I use it it's out of battery and I need to charge it, so not very handy to use as a remote. But maybe I should just start to station it in the living room. Thanks for the pro tips! :)
Haha, no worries mate! You might need to turn CEC on on your tv if it’s not on already.

On the ATV the setting is here:-

upload_2018-12-26_10-6-20.jpeg

Let me know if you’re having any problems. Cheers.

Nope, never used it.

Because, as usual, Apple ONLY supports other Apple products. You can't use anything other than an iPhone. It's a fudging useless ecosystem!

Because, as usual, Apple ONLY supports other Apple products. You can't use anything other than an iPhone. It's a fudging useless ecosystem!
HDMI-CEC is a standard industry wide protocol, available on all electronics manufacturers equipment.

The LG quoted for example, isn't made by Apple!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control

I think it’s logical that an Apple iOS device would offer comparability and support of an AppleTV. It’s a feature/benefit of choosing the iOS ecosystem.

I guess they could invest funds into R&D of, for example Android platforms, to run iOS. However, that would produce less return on investment by reducing sales, and create a 3rd party environment of support requirements which they would not be in control of - so would be constantly reactive (similar to the abortion of Windows OSs and the multitude of drivers/updates it necessitated).
I can’t see why anyone in their right mind would want higher costs and less sales, to provide inferior support and more patching for end users!

I know very well about hdmi-cec. And it ISN'T a standard set in stone. Like hdmi arc, it's a fudging pain in the ass. Among many other faults, it is the cause of units powering up by themselves (usually in the middle of the night). But that wasn't what I was referring to, it was the ability to (not) control it with the phone, as only iPhone is supported, unlike something like chromecast or Nvidia shield, which you can control with ANY phone.
Only apple (fan boys) could say that being able to control a unit with only a single type of phone, is a benefit/feature! Hahaha!

Back