• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

There must be something up with him, he had a really bad game, doing things badly that he is normally very good at, such as passing the ball. Think he can just spend the rest of the season getting fit and getting his mind right, hopefully come back strong next season.

There must be something up with him, he had a really bad game, doing things badly that he is normally very good at, such as passing the ball. Think he can just spend the rest of the season getting fit and getting his mind right, hopefully come back strong next season.

He needs to get better this season, if he drifts to the end of the season. more likely than not, the club will buy another midfielder and he'll be further down the pecking order.

He needs to get better this season, if he drifts to the end of the season. more likely than not, the club will buy another midfielder and he'll be further down the pecking order.

We are into the business end of the season now though, only players in form are gonna get games. Unfortunately for Winks, he doesn't seem to be either fit or in form, so I think he will have to knuckle down in training and see what happens.

We are into the business end of the season now though, only players in form are gonna get games. Unfortunately for Winks, he doesn't seem to be either fit or in form, so I think he will have to knuckle down in training and see what happens.

Not disagreeing mate, he's been pretty bad for a few games now.

My point still stands, I expect we will add 2-3 quality players over summer, at least one will be a midfielder, pushes Winks further back.

Not disagreeing mate, he's been pretty bad for a few games now.

My point still stands, I expect we will add 2-3 quality players over summer, at least one will be a midfielder, pushes Winks further back.

You are probably right there, if Sissoko is replaced with a high quality player then it will be tough for Winks to get significant game time. Good for us though, it means whoever plays has to be doing the business because there will be a lot of competition for places.

Only getting to watch the game right now. He did chicken out of a challenge early on, went in for the next 50/50 and lost. The commentator said he didn't want it, but he went for it even with the other player sliding in. It was just a case of the commentator trying to portray the Premier League player as not having the same work ethic as the League One player. He got smothered a few times, when receiving some hospital balls from team mates and he wasn't alone in playing bad passes.

His second half was much better and aside from one poor cross field ball that went nowhere near it's intended recipient he was much much better. As for the early sub; he was the weaker of the two CM's and at 4-1 it was a safer play to put on a defensively stronger player.

He has to be stronger in certain situations though, it was a worrying lack of conviction at times today. I really hope he can get back on form but on current form he sadly looks to be going the way of Carroll, Bentaleb or Mason at the moment.

Looked lost in the supermarket at times, think he may have given the ball away like 5 out of six times he had received it in in one spell in the first half...

I think it's quite likely that the sub was planned and that he's working his way back to match fitness.

At 4-1 there was essentially no risk in terms of the result and he wasn't playing that badly.

Needs to get back to his better version if he is to play a part for the rest of the season though.

I didn’t notice Winks being especially bad last night. He certainly looks rusty and does seem to be holding back on deciding whether or not to tackle sometimes - presumably lack of confidence after his injuries? If that is the case then the slippery conditions last night may not have helped.
His passing was hit and miss, particularly first half. But he did play a lovely long ball to Lamela in the box which was just slightly over hit and Lamela couldn’t quite reach it. You might say that was an example of a bad pass but to me it was a reminder that he hasn’t lost that instinct to pick out the pass to move the ball forward.
We’ve seen Rose, Wanyama and even Dembele all look suspect and well off the pace when they have returned from injury this season but all have come through.
I’m sure Winks will be the same. We know there’s a very committed player there and he’ll be doing everything he can to get back to his earlier form.

I think it's quite likely that the sub was planned and that he's working his way back to match fitness.

At 4-1 there was essentially no risk in terms of the result and he wasn't playing that badly.

Needs to get back to his better version if he is to play a part for the rest of the season though.

Look at his face on the sub .. wasn't planned ...

Didnt play well last night but will still be an important player for us for the rest of teh season given Dembele's injuries restrict him. Expect Winks to play the FA Cup games, and Dembele start in most of the league and CL games. If we make the CL quarters or beyond, I doubt Dembele will be able to start all non-FA Cup games so Winks will need to play some of them

He'll come good - has too much talent and shown that he can easily cut it at PL/CL level (Real Madrid away??)

Dembele will definitely play in a semi final or final should we get that far. I guess Winks just isn't fit yet, it's been said numerous times that to operate in Poch's system you need to be fully fit as it's a demanding way of playing. Unfortunately it's the business end of the season and there's no time to get back into form with most players now fit. Potential to get some game time on Saturday if we rest anyone ahead of Juve.

Think I was overly harsh on him last night. Looked a little reluctant to get stuck in, understandable sometimes after an injury, def. not fully fit yet, but he is good enough to come back

Poch on his injury situation:

"It’s tough for him because he still doesn’t feel in the way he needs to feel. We’re trying to help him to feel perfectly. It’s a little bit sad because he tries and we try to help. But I think we’re going to fix the problem. He’s not in his best mood but it’s sure that...we’re going to help him to achieve again the same level. It’s not only confidence, it’s because he feels something in his ankle so he cannot express himself in the way that he can.”

Poch on his injury situation:

"It’s tough for him because he still doesn’t feel in the way he needs to feel. We’re trying to help him to feel perfectly. It’s a little bit sad because he tries and we try to help. But I think we’re going to fix the problem. He’s not in his best mood but it’s sure that...we’re going to help him to achieve again the same level. It’s not only confidence, it’s because he feels something in his ankle so he cannot express himself in the way that he can.”
So another failed drugs test then...o_O

Apparently pulled out of the England u21 squad due to ankle injury.

Yep, sad for him, honestly feel if he isn't able to regain form this season, next season the squad may be a step too far for him. He seems to have Mason's luck re every time he gets a decent run, injuries stop him from making that next step.

Back