• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Why have you quoted me Sandman? and where did the content of my post go?!

I'm confused. Pretty sure I put a picture of Dio there...

The perfect solution for Harry

I think Harry will be torn between staying and going.

Club football is more stimulating. After the Euros he has about 8 qualifying matches to look forward to, plus a tournament in Brazil we have very little chance of winning.

His club Tottenham have got on balance better players than England. He is not going to work with a footballer with the technical ability of Modric .

The perfect solution for Harry is to take the England job on a caretaker basis over the Euros and then go back to Spurs.That is win win.

That way he has achieved his ambition of managing England, he has done it during the exciting time, when they have the best chance.

After Euros the job becomes dull for at least 2 years and then after that another 2 years, assuming we qualify for both tournaments.

Eaxcly what i said in the Capello thread:

I am bit reassured now ive seen todays interview by Harry.

Im sure he'd love to take England to the Euro and carry on his work at Spurs as soon as that is finished.

Is that possible?

Because surely if he takes over before the Euro, they end up losing to France and Ukrainia, he'll have a nightmare for the next two years. No day to day to day management either. Just the media tinkling him off and stupid friendlies.

Eaxcly what i said in the Capello thread:

I am bit reassured now ive seen todays interview by Harry.

Im sure he'd love to take England to the Euro and carry on his work at Spurs as soon as that is finished.

Is that possible?

Because surely if he takes over before the Euro, they end up losing to France and Ukrainia, he'll have a nightmare for the next two years. No day to day to day management either. Just the media tinkling him off and stupid friendlies.

I really wouldn't read too much into Harry's interview, it's not like he was ever going to say anything other than that when he hasn't even been offered the job yet I'm afraid....

By the way, why is Redknapp the only manager in England to be linked with the England manager's post for the last 3 or 4 years ? His track record in the English league is not even great, winning just 1 FA Cup. Why doesn't Alex Ferguson linked with the post ? Ferguson is the best ever manager in the English league, or so they claim. So why is he not being linked ? Is it because he is Scottish and not English ? Or is it because ManU can destablish any club they want but no one can touch them ? Why should other clubs like Spurs sacrifice themselves for England but ManU can't ?

Last edited:
By the way, why is Redknapp the only manager in England to be linked with the England manager's post for the last 3 or 4 years ? His track record in the English league is not even great, winning just 1 FA Cup. Why doesn't Alex Ferguson linked with the post ? Ferguson is the best ever manager in the English league, or so they claim. So why is he not being linked ? Is it because he is Scottish and not English ? Or is it because ManU can destablish any club they want but no one can touch them ? Why should other clubs like Spurs sacrifice themselves for England but ManU can't ?

Because Redknapp os a realistic target.

If they offered Alex ferguson the job he would probably just tell them to f*ck off.

The perfect solution for harry and US is either

1.as you say do the Euros and come back to us.

2. or stick with us for 2.5 seasons and take the england job after 2014 WC (no-ones gonna lead us to victory in Brazil).

of course this is ideals and discounts the many other factors/issues that will be considered.

Harry taking over England as full blown manager for the euros on the agreement he comes back to Spurs afterwards would be the best situation I can see. As stated, we ain't winning 2014 no matter what.

The media and tosser rival fans will come out with conflict of interest gonad*s which might scupper this scenario.

Because Ferguson has said countless times that international management isn't for him and that he would turn down the England job. There's a famous quote from him saying that if he was managing England against Scotland he would want England to lose.

Because Ferguson has said countless times that international management isn't for him and that he would turn down the England job. There's a famous quote from him saying that if he was managing England against Scotland he would want England to lose.

Funny how Scotland can't ever produce decent teams but can produce many decent managers. How humiliating is it for England not to have any English manager win the English Premier League title since it's start in 1993 ! Well, if you only want a English manager to manage England, you should demand them to win the PL title first.

Funny how Scotland can't ever produce decent teams but can produce many decent managers. How humiliating is it for England not to have any English manager win the English Premier League title since it's start in 1993 ! Well, if you only want a English manager to manage England, you should demand them to win the PL title first.

why? winning the league doesn't mean that you will be a good international manager.

why? winning the league doesn't mean that you will be a good international manager.

True. But being English doesn't mean you will be a good England manager either. Frankly, I don't think any current English managers are good enough to manage at top level. Good examples are their track record with England and the Premier League. I think winning the PL title should be a minimum criteria to be a England manager.

True. But being English doesn't mean you will be a good England manager either. Frankly, I don't think any current English managers are good enough to manage at top level. Good examples are their track record with England and the Premier League. I think winning the PL title should be a minimum criteria to be a England manager.

I agree thatnationality should not be grounds for picking the manager. I think that Redknapp has the perfect credentials to be an excellent international manager. Players like playing for him, he tends to pick the best players in their best position, he is an excellent motivator and players understand what he wants them to do.

By saying that winning the Premier League is a requirement for becoming England manager, you are effectively saying that you have to manage one of a handful of clubs to be in consideration. What Redknapp has done at Tottenham is far harder than what Mancini has done at Emirates Marketing Project.

Harry taking over England as full blown manager for the euros on the agreement he comes back to Spurs afterwards would be the best situation I can see. As stated, we ain't winning 2014 no matter what.

The media and tosser rival fans will come out with conflict of interest gonad*s which might scupper this scenario.

But then if he manages to do well with them and gets to lets say the semi finals everyone will jump on the media bandwagon to have him in the job permanently. Not the greatest start to what could be our most important season in decades.

I personally think that the English Manager has to be English. It is putting the best from one country agaisnt another - should be players and managers (and arguments for coaches also)

With this in mind Harry is by far and away the best person for the job.

Not a chance that that will happen I'm afriad. He has been very clear that for hi the England job is the pinnacle and that he would leaves SPurs for it. When you talk about 'the perfect solution for Harry' you're seeing it through your eyes, a Spurs fans eyes. Harry isnt a Spurs fan so, even though Levy has supported him since he arrived, he wont have the same emotional attachment to the club which you or I have. For him it is an upwards step and the last move before retirement

Best outcome is that we agree with the FA that he leaves in May and we offer him an incentivisation package to ensure he is really motivated to get us 3rd place or better. We also have 3 months to identify the reaplcement which is often more than you usually get when changing managers

Breaking News.......................

Ladbrokes have confirmed a dog named Rosie has just put ?ú190,000 on Harry Redknapp to be the next England Manager

There has only been one English manager who has had even the faintest hope of winning the Premier League since, well...Bobby Robson at Saudi Sportswashing Machine maybe? Or Roy Evans at Liverpool? I doubt there were many people who even thought that Harry was in with a shout of a title challenge this season until the season was well under way.

The league is heavily dominated by clubs at the top with huge financial resources. Two of the managerial jobs in those clubs have been taken up over the long term by foreign coaches. Two of the others have billionaire owners who are all about marquee signings and prefer big name continental coaches rather than giving someone the chance to step up. The only two English managers who have got anywhere near top clubs in recent times have been Redknapp and Hodgson, and Woy joined Liverpool when they were hugely in debt with a brick squad.

People said Harry was only good for fighting relegation battles and wheeler dealing until someone actually gave him the chance to step up.

EXACTLY... I think winning the Cup is a more realistic comparison, seeing as the Euros/WC are just glorified Cup competitions... albeit with a mini-league at the start... so does that rules Harry back in??

For what it's worth, I wanna know why no one is just coming out and saying it, that the MAIN reason all the opposition players and managers want Harry, is 'cos they know it could well destabilise Spurs... even if he goes at the end of the season, who knows what goes through players minds when they know the manager is off... they no longer have to perform for HIM (mind you, I bet the Spurs-England contingent up their game, so may not be all bad!!)

I wouldn't mind, but West Ham are top of the league... so how come Fat Sam has dropped off the radar...? (OK, I know why, but i'm just saying!)

Wenger and Fergie are too astute enough to want to go near the job, and as such have never ruled themselves in, or touted their wares like a cheap hooker on a street corner... Harry has never hidden the fact he'd LOVE the job, it's just I imagine he saw it more on his terms (ie, at the end of the season) rather than having his, and our hand forced into making a decision early.

It COULD work in our favour, in that the players all rally round and finish the season even stronger, in an attempt to "do it for 'Arry"... but it wouldn't be very Spurs, would it?

Much more likely is that our season implodes in the run-in, all the players leave, and we give Tim Sherwood the job next season ('cos he's the only fudger left from the backroom staff that Harry didn't deem good enough to take with him!)

Back