• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Defoe cost us ?ú15m, not ?ú9m. On the flip side we got the entire ?ú16.5m back for Bent and Sandro was ?ú6m.

But we paid less than that because they still owed us money for Kaboul and Mendes

There was less cash moving outwards, but that doesn't make the player any less expensive - we wrote off an asset (money owed to us) and paid the rest.

The only way it would make a difference is if we thought the other club was going to default on payments and had already written off the debt (to be fair, that isn't entirely unlikely).

If we manage to sell Bassong, Piennaar, Jenas, Bentley, Gomes, Dos Santos and Corulka for decent fees we could actually have a net level spend by the start of the summer. Erring on the low side we could get:

Bassong 4m
Pienaar 3m
Jenas 4m
Bentley 4m
Gomes 5m
Corluka 4m
Gio 6m

Thats 29m there in Squad players we dont want or need. And a huge saving on the wage bill.

If we manage to sell Bassong, Piennaar, Jenas, Bentley, Gomes, Dos Santos and Corulka for decent fees we could actually have a net level spend by the start of the summer. Erring on the low side we could get:

Bassong 4m
Pienaar 3m
Jenas 4m
Bentley 4m
Gomes 5m
Corluka 4m
Gio 6m

Thats 29m there in Squad players we dont want or need. And a huge saving on the wage bill.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up letting Bentley and Gio go for nothing

Bassong 4m
Pienaar 3m
Jenas 4m
Bentley 4m
Gomes 5m
Corluka 4m
Gio 6m

Jenas and Dio have 1 year left on their contracts. WE wont be getting much for either of them.
Gomes will leave on a free. We'll be happy to let Bentley leave on a free considering his wages.
Reportedly the fee agreed for Corluka is low.

We'd be lucky to get over 12m for the lot.

Jenas and Dio have 1 year left on their contracts.

Rjdmagic.jpg

so Harry has built his first team with six of his own

Before Harry

King
BAE
Lennon
Modric
Bale

Harry's men

Freidel
Walker
Kaboul
Parker
VDV
Adebayor

bloody excellent work from Levy & Harry...=D>

Then you don't read other clubs forums. Most think we've spent loads since Arry has taken over.

Quite the contrary in fact - many are concerned those elusive marquee signings have been coming for 2 years now yet we end up with old crocks on 6-month loans. If anything - I'd like to see us a make 1-2 major signings demonstrating intent and direction for where (hopefully) we should be going

Players with one year on their contract are still worth some money. Its not like they will go for free. I beleive we can extend Gomes and Gio so i can see both being sold for a decent enough amount.

Anyway my point was not to really say we could make a bundle on them, just saying if we sold that lot we could be close to breaking even Transfer money wise over Harry's period. You have to hope we are saving some dosh up for some big purchases.

I would like to see a Summer where we buy 2 Quality players and thats it. With Naughton and Caulker coming back its like new signings after their experience. So a Flying Winger and another striker alongside Ade. We have brad for next season, so maybe a keeper to fight brad and be ready to take over.

Back