• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I have just received a flurry of texts about Hansen's pathetic comments on MOTD. But on Harry and title, I think he is right in what he says even if sometimes he talks a bit too much! But yes I am sure the players have spoke about the possibility of keeping their form going, and why not. Putting aside the silly knee-jerk responses to today's result, we are still in this. Need to play better but our players should not have any fear abour going to Pool (rapidly becoming anti-football team of PL, embarrassing what they did today), Chelsea, or Gooners.

it's been done to death in other 'arry threads, but managers seriously can't win.. if he talks down our chances he's lacking ambition, but if he talks them up some other jerks will say he's putting too much pressure on the squad..

harry is simply relieving pressure on the squad and managing the expectations of both the media and everyone at the club..

does he actually think we can win the league? of course he does.. look at the position were in, our fate is in our own hands! the sky is the limit and I'm sure harry and the boys think the same..

COYS!!!

What did Hansen say?

You'll never win anything with yids?

This is the man that believes Liverpool have the best striker and the best left back in the premier league

The fact he keeps saying, when interviewed, that top 4 is his goal this season is infuriating enough for me personally. However, the point of this thread isnt to moan its to ask: Do you think, behind closed doors, he IS telling the players we CAN win it but just playing it down in the media?

He's telling the players they can win it. He's only saying what he says to the cameras because he doesn't want the players to have a ton of pressure on them. Before the Wolves game, we had no pressure on us at all. The media looked at things purely as "Tottenham are 3rd with a huge gap between them and those below, they can afford to lose 3 or 4 games in a row before there will be pressure on them. The Manchester clubs have huge pressure on them, Chelsea and Arsenal have insane pressure on them and even Liverpool have more pressure on them than Spurs."

If Harry says "yeah, we'll win the title, it's in the bag, it's ours to lose. I'm totally confident we'll beat them", that kind of pressure is insane to needlessly heap onto people. Plus he doesn't look like Kevin Keegan if we don't win the league.

Stop getting infuriated by good management. Harry is excellent at handling the press. The Wolves game was the first game that happened with the media considering us to be in the title race, it doesn't really help. The officials obviously weren't affected, so nothing good came of it, except some Arsenal fans were probably annoyed whenever they turned on the TV over the last couple of days. *Shrug.* Aside from their inability to beat a 10 man Wolves with the officials on their side, they would have been cheered up watching MotD last night. So overall, I wouldn't mind the media forgetting us again for a while.

Hansen was a clam last night

Not just last night though. He's one most weeks. I want the media to leave us alone. Straight away on TalkSport it was 'Has the Spurs bubble burst?'
They were one of the ones building us up, not the fans. Besides 1 defeat in the last 19? Hardly burst has it

Hansen was a joke last night, as was Shearer for his suggestion the blatant decisions against Spurs were 'iffy'. What is really ridiculous is that we drew yesterday, and really should have won. We did not lose! Our run over christmas is still better than Utd or City so how Hansen and others can suggest it was typical spurs I'll never know. Media are embarrassing. At least Gary Neville in Mail talks sense. He has always said he thinks we won't win league, but he also says if our players believe then that doesn't mean we cannot. We are on an epic run, we should be delighted and get behind our team. I have no fear about going to 'Pool (note Hansen said nothing about how pathetic they are), to Chelsea, or Gooners. And no reason why we cannot go to City and turn them over. We will need to play at our best, but we can do it. Sick to death of pathetic MOTD vacuous Hansen nonsense.

is redknapp to nice?

I actually meant to do a post the other day about how redknapp needs to put pressure on the match officials before games.

We lost today because of poor decesions by the ref. I like redknapp i was not sure in previous seasons whether he was good enough to get us to the top, i think the only thing that now stops him taking us all the way is the fact that he is not a bastard.

I like the fact that he is not the bad guy like wenger to always come out and complain, but i also think that is what stops us from getting to the top.

If redknapp changed and became the bastard that you need to be to win in this country do you think you would still like him. I would prefer us to come 3rd or 4th then win the league the wrong way.

What are your thoughts lads?

Redknapp shouldnt have to put pressure on the refs, they should do their job properly, pressure or no pressure on them

Redknapp shouldnt have to put pressure on the refs, they should do their job properly, pressure or no pressure on them

yess well obviously they should, but if redknapp came out before games and reminded them of their duties like other managers do i sometimes feel we would get better decesions from the refs, but does that amount to cheating or would we be comfortable with our manager doing that?

We didn't entirely lose due to poor ref decisions. They didn't help. Their first two goals were sloppy, Defoe could have squared to Bale and Bale's cross was too far ahead of Defoe.

That being said I think our players need to put some pressure on the refs in instances like that Balotelli stamp.

A lot of us have said for years that Ferguson and Whinger get big decisions cos they blast the ref in their post match interviews and I think there's some truth in that. Haven't heard Redknapps yet but hope he does slag Mohican boy off.

Chich does Eddie Howe still lead the way for you to replace Harry?

Actually I'm proud to support a team that doesn't cheat, with a manager that advocates sportsmanship. I probably couldn't support Spurs if they were a bunch of cheating, whining tacos, like most of our rivals.

I hope this philosophy doesn't change ( as the officials will just fudge us over anyway ):(

I'd rather support Spurs at the bottom of the league, doing things the right way, than support a club in first place whose players and manager act like clams.

Back