• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It was reported that Walker went to Poch, said his heart wasn't in it anymore, and he wanted to leave. This was just before FA Cup SF, and Poch dropped Walker.
Of course just because it was reported, that doesn't mean that is what happened, but I don't recall seeing any other versions.
Walker came out not that long ago publicly and tried to set the record straight

Yes he is with his brother.... but USMI do his contracts (i.e. his brother isn't going in there and getting bent over).
Well you know more than me on that front
Can’t say I’ve heard of USM so had to google them
They seem to have a lot of the lesser Spurs players and ex players on their books

Not what I was told
Both have their own sides of yhe story but I’ve heard it from two Spurs players and a current players agent (who we may have mentioned earlier)
Yeah of course. I don’t doubt what you’ve heard, just it seems like it would have been odd to have sold him without good reason or him instigating things, at least for my money.

Ok, so maybe that is the very definition of ‘doubt’! Ha!

Yeah of course. I don’t doubt what you’ve heard, just it seems like it would have been odd to have sold him without good reason or him instigating things, at least for my money.

Ok, so maybe that is the very definition of ‘doubt’! Ha!
Would it if we’re backing the manager?

Never said that
What I said was he didn’t want to leave
Poch said he should be sold
Then they came in and paid the £££
Remember they wouldn’t pay the fee at first

That is the key line. And for the context behind that, we'd have to know what was said between them, or observed.

The Trippier situation carries certain similarities on the face of it, albeit in that instance I have no idea what happened, I only know it is bizarre that Levy wouldn't sell some players on because he couldn't get the price he felt they should've commanded, yet Trippier was gone to a major club a month after the CL Final (which he played in) for 20 million, surely a bargain all-told.

Often there are personal reasons we will never (quite rightly) have a clue about.
I think one thing Poch was big on was selling a player once their dissatisfaction was expressed in some way; I will always believe that one it was clear to him Eriksen would not sign a new deal, he wanted to cash in and commence the "painful" rebuild.

That is the key line. And for the context behind that, we'd have to know what was said between them, or observed.

The Trippier situation carries certain similarities on the face of it, albeit in that instance I have no idea what happened, I only know it is bizarre that Levy wouldn't sell some players on because he couldn't get the price he felt they should've commanded, yet Trippier was gone to a major club a month after the CL Final (which he played in) for 20 million, surely a bargain all-told.

Often there are personal reasons we will never (quite rightly) have a clue about.
I think one thing Poch was big on was selling a player once their dissatisfaction was expressed in some way; I will always believe that one it was clear to him Eriksen would not sign a new deal, he wanted to cash in and commence the "painful" rebuild.
And we should back the manager
If Poch wanted him gone... we sell
And we did

Thats exactly where I am on Derp If you could swap him for 3 players aged 21-24 and in those price ranges, you migth well do so given that this summer you might be able to pay £40m-£60 for someone who was previously £60m-£80m (and might be back in that range next summer).

If you were to in effect get a CB, RW and CF in exchange for Kane and with those players being of that age where they can still develop a lot...it would be sorely tempting. Sell Dier and Aurier to raise funds for a new RB too....sell Foyth and Sanchez to pay for a second CB....you'd have half the outfielders refreshed.

All a bit fantasy manager-ish, but there is a degree of sense to it. But I'm with you that only two teams can pay that money (PSG and Man C) and I dont see either doing it

I know it’s impossible to strike with this ratio but:

Dias
Fabinho
Ihenacho

I still think we need an Eriksen replacement. We just don’t seem to have that player that makes the football flow. It was obvious when Eriksen missed games but it’s now become the norm.

I think that PSG are the only club who are going to pay that kind of money in the current environment. I don't see the appeal of going there, other than working with Poch and sackfulls of money. French domestic trophies don't count for a lot, so if the reason for moving is winning things, he's putting all his eggs in a CL basket. I think that he'd be better waiting a year when football finances might have stabilised a bit, his value will have dropped a little and he has more leverage.

Yes would seem sensible and most likely. Would have 2 years left and be 29. Perfect time to bag that final 4 year deal at one of the big boys.

I know it’s impossible to strike with this ratio but:

Dias
Fabinho
Ihenacho

I still think we need an Eriksen replacement. We just don’t seem to have that player that makes the football flow. It was obvious when Eriksen missed games but it’s now become the norm.

Obviously wouldnt be those precise players, but the logic is sound. If you sold Kane for £150m and added 3 players like that, I think we'd actually be stronger and it would accelerate the rebuild when combined with other signings. So if we do get a stupid offer for him, I'd be tempted to take it

Obviously wouldnt be those precise players, but the logic is sound. If you sold Kane for £150m and added 3 players like that, I think we'd actually be stronger and it would accelerate the rebuild when combined with other signings. So if we do get a stupid offer for him, I'd be tempted to take it

FWIW I only want him to go when he says he doesn’t want to play for us anymore. Whenever that moment comes, I won’t hold it against him. He’s given it a good shot with us.

I feel the above type players could and should be added outside of a Kane sale. I’m sure we all feel the same about that.

So in a surprise to absolutely nobody (except Tottenham fans) looks like Kane won't be heading to United this season at least, now Cavani has signed an extension. I was led to believe they would rock up with a 90 million bid, Kane would go on strike and we'd have to pay for his taxi up north.

So in a surprise to absolutely nobody (except Tottenham fans) looks like Kane won't be heading to United this season at least, now Cavani has signed an extension. I was led to believe they would rock up with a 90 million bid, Kane would go on strike and we'd have to pay for his taxi up north.

So now only Emirates Marketing Project to worry about...does that make us Emirates Marketing Project fans in the CL final?

He's spent his time at City trying to get rid of Aguero.

Plus he came out the other day and said City can't (won't) pay big money for any striker. Even if they do it won't be for Kane/Haaland/Mbappe money. They have enough goals in them to not need a point man and don't pay that sort of money for players anyway.

Firstly, City pay what they can to get ahead of the rest. They lost 5-2 after buying Ake and then decided to put down some big bucks for Ruben Dias. They are saying that to send a message, naturally, but when it comes to the crunch they will pay if they feel they have to.

With all the goals they have in their team, if they 'overthink'; things and lose that CL final Pep will go out and buy a striker, no questions asked.
Kane's touch, ability to drop into midfield, aerial ability etc make him a perfect striker for their system and one they'd think he'd be the missing piece to winning the CL...

Of course, if they win the CL vs Chelski they'll think they don't need to spend big on Kane this summer

Back