• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guns in America

What are you gonna do, shoot us? ;)

joseph-ducreux-meme-generator-if-thou-wishes-to-commence-a-fracas-come-forth-and-proceed-to-a-notable-degree-of-proximity-brethren-9fe44d.jpg

Crossbows are also legal (although I think it's on a state-by-state basis).

Gun control will never come up as an issue because if it's in our Bill of Rights, it's not changing. Because to Americans, the Bill of Rights was taken straight out of the Bible itself.

Honestly, I think we just like violence. We're over-exposed to it and obviously, very few citizens even wonder if guns are an issue.The poster that mentioned the NRA was spot-on; they're not going anywhere and they want more people to have guns.... and there's more guns than people here!

Even some basic provisions for purchasing a firearm are under attack, such as background checks and handgun purchase limits. I also think I mentioned the ATF's botched gun-tracking operation a few months ago in one of these threads... now a bunch of Mexican gang members/cartels have gotten untraceable firearms.

Finally, because there are so many guns out there, owning a handgun is enticing solely for the purposes of self-defense. However, when someone purchases a gun for self-defense, they must be prepared to use it. The reality there is that dumbasses think the gun turns them into Clint Eastwood and they're some sort of hotshot pistolero, and that they should be allowed to carry concealed guns into bars and schools.

We lived in fudged up times ;)

Ol' Deryk Bird wasn't a yank, neither did he have any Amendments to cling onto...

Didn't stop him going bonkers with a rifle and blitzing a few people in the head.

If anyone is looking for some influential scholarship to inform them on the 2nd Amendment:
http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/common.htm

i dont thik its anyones place to tell another society how they should govern themselves unless they pose a direct security threat (AMerica - take note!)

so i won't do that

but i have to ask the question, "why do amercians feel that the right to bear arms is part of the cizilised society they so fervently promote"? Do americans still condsider their oppressor to be within their own borders and govt structure?

Maybe its time for some forward and progressive thinking?

Just because its in your constitution from a hundreds of years ago doesnt mean it is relevant today - the US needs to take a look at itself in that regard IMHO.

The US seems to suppress its liberal voice (i'd be interested to hear the views of US posters on that comment, my view comes from a CA perspective and, of course, 6000 miles away)

Arent most actual gun crimes committed with illegal firearms anyway (Note: I have nothing to base this on, other than a hunch!)

If so, the right to bear arms is not really the issue, but corrupt army and police who sell and smuggle weapons into the country?

Also note, I think the right to bear arms is a f#cking joke.

i dont thik its anyones place to tell another society how they should govern themselves unless they pose a direct security threat (AMerica - take note!)

so i won't do that

but i have to ask the question, "why do amercians feel that the right to bear arms is part of the cizilised society they so fervently promote"? Do americans still condsider their oppressor to be within their own borders and govt structure?

Maybe its time for some forward and progressive thinking?

Just because its in your constitution from a hundreds of years ago doesnt mean it is relevant today - the US needs to take a look at itself in that regard IMHO.

The US seems to suppress its liberal voice (i'd be interested to hear the views of US posters on that comment, my view comes from a CA perspective and, of course, 6000 miles away)

iglnwvn0jeaslencabs5iq.gif

I'll get back to that graph in a minute...

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I think the original reason we had the 2nd amendment was partly because of you guys. The late 18th century was a period of upheaval for the budding colonies as well as France. I don't know what the gun laws are in France, but I'd be interested in knowing the history and whether they adopted a similar "right to bear arms" and abolished it, or simply never had such a provision.
Regardless, colonial Americans without a doubt did not trust government and sought to safeguard the right of citizens to gather as a militia. Of course we're ass-backwards here because guns no longer take 2-3 minutes per round fired. They are now incredibly efficient killing implements that are basically unregulated once you purchase them. I think some states do require that you at least put a trigger-lock, although I don't understand how any responsible parent could leave a gun in reach of a child.

My father is a hunter and has a few guns, but the guns he has are all for hunting (no semi-automatic rifles or anything like that). However, he keeps them all in a safe and carries them responsibly. And in case anyone is wondering, we eat the meat from the animals he does kill. But my point here is that there could be some way for the allowance of responsible firearm use.

Back to the liberal problem... The trend seems to be that moderates trickle into the liberal camp as ideologies become more polarized. The media tends to portray both the left and the right as equal heavyweights, but with the Fox News echo chamber and conservative bloggers eager to pounce on the foibles of liberals, it is not a tough task to find where conservatives find validation for all their flawed thinking. Then again, most conservatives are highly religious Christians who need to be devoid of skepticism. And I ask, what could be a more Christian thing to do than to abolish guns, or at least make ownership of one more stringent? Apparently, GHod wanted us to have all these firearms, but He's also apparently instilled a culture of fear that makes people want to buy them.

We need an enlightenment.

Welcome to the United Kingdom - home of one of the lowest firearm homicide rates in the world. Sure, we get the occasional mad man with a gun, but otherwise our gun rates are extremely low

Our weapon of choice? The knife. People get stabbed all the time. You can't turn on your radio in the morning without hearing about another person that got stabbed. We fear kids with knives and that's why we keep our distance from people in the streets, and may be responsible for our 'reserved' reputation

Changing the second amendment would never change anything in the USA. It's all about tradition and what people are used to

Welcome to the United Kingdom - home of one of the lowest firearm homicide rates in the world. Sure, we get the occasional mad man with a gun, but otherwise our gun rates are extremely low

Our weapon of choice? The knife. People get stabbed all the time. You can't turn on your radio in the morning without hearing about another person that got stabbed. We fear kids with knives and that's why we keep our distance from people in the streets, and may be responsible for our 'reserved' reputation

Changing the second amendment would never change anything in the USA. It's all about tradition and what people are used to

See my post re: knives from page 2. You can't commit mass murder with a knife. It is a very serious issue and it is illegal to carry a knife.

See my post re: knives from page 2. You can't commit mass murder with a knife. It is a very serious issue and it is illegal to carry a knife.

I wasn't arguing with that. I was using that as a point to prove that even if guns were illegal they would still be used

Murders Per 100,000. thought this might put it into persepective.

image009.gif

Last edited:
Back