• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

If Poch also gets his Martial and whoever else he also wants, Grealish would be an exceedingly smart signing providing the diligence has concluded he is coachable. To have a creative playmaker who can operate in a couple of different positions and offer squad depth while also not counting against the CL cap for a knock-down bargain price would be smart IMO. The fact I have always found him smug and unnervingly "Wilshiresque" should not be a determining factor!!!
Yes, Grealish reminds me of Wheelchair and Merson. Gifted players but a bit weak and problematic.

I think that is a little unfair, Grealish has youth and potential over Sissoko. If we can get him at a decent price, it seems like a reasonably risk free signing to me.

It's the bad apple issue though. We have amazing squad harmony and commitment. To bring in a wide boy with attitude problems is more of a risk than an head-down journeyman like Sissy

Personally I think we've got ample AM options, though I'd maybe bring Shashoua into the squad as 24th/25th man

It's the bad apple issue though. We have amazing squad harmony and commitment. To bring in a wide boy with attitude problems is more of a risk than an head-down journeyman like Sissy

Personally I think we've got ample AM options, though I'd maybe bring Shashoua into the squad as 24th/25th man
You have an amazing ability to talk as if you know what players are like without actually knowing. As someone else asked and didnt seem to get an answer to, what has Grealish actually done wrong in past couple of years?

I've not seen much of Grealish, but I can tell you one thing he'd bring to the team that we could use is his ability as a ball carrier and dribbler. We tend to pin teams back in their penalty area but don't have a player that can dribble around players in a congested space, where close ball control is required.

I've not seen much of Grealish, but I can tell you one thing he'd bring to the team that we could use is his ability as a ball carrier and dribbler. We tend to pin teams back in their penalty area but don't have a player that can dribble around players in a congested space, where close ball control is required.

Son and Moura say hi

I am sure that Poch wouldn't be looking to sign him if he thought that was an issue

This is why I like him, he carries the ball from deep and takes players out of the game with him. Not comparing him to Modrics level, but I do think with the right coaching he could be that type of player...

I am sure that Poch wouldn't be looking to sign him if he thought that was an issue
I still doubt we are seriously in for him, but if we are the last thing I worry about is a persons personality - Poch is a great judge of that. There was much fuss about Aurier that’s amounted to nothing....

Ahem. Ever heard of that South Korean who dances through defences and scores worldies for fun?

Son and Moura say hi

Moura has good close control, but I've yet to really see him use it in the final third to much success, given space around him much like Son he can get past players using his pace. The difference I see with Grealish from the admittedly limited games I've witnessed is his ability of driving into the box centrally with limited space around him due to his excellent technical ability. How many times have I've witnessed over the years Dembele for example drop his shoulder glide past two players reach the edge of the opponents box where the play suddenly gets more condensed and then pass sideways instead of continuing to drive forward, Grealish has that in his game which could be very useful and add a different dimension to our play making us less predictable.

Son and Moura say hi

Son rarely dribbles past anyone, maybe beats them for pace but often when he has the ball out wide he loses it, puts in a poor cross or get tackled. I don't recall many (if any times) when he genuinely dribbled round players. He beats plenty for pace on the counter but that's not the same thing.

Back