• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gleison Bremer

Would be tough to win that battle because although chelsea will be more sensible in the market they will gazump us on wages, which they can do more easily without unsettling their squad as so many are already on huge wages.

Can see them offering £200k pw to pip us.
They have lost a few players recently on free because they won’t pay the wages
Who is left on £200k?

Will be interesting to follow.

I still think we may want Lenglet and one more CB. Bremer seems like one of the more obvious candidates if so.

May of course be that we have other targets, or that we won't be looking for another CB if we sign Lenglet.

If we do want another I don't think Paratici would allow Inter getting too far ahead of us in the process unless he's not on our list of targets.

Will be interesting to follow.

I still think we may want Lenglet and one more CB. Bremer seems like one of the more obvious candidates if so.

May of course be that we have other targets, or that we won't be looking for another CB if we sign Lenglet.

If we do want another I don't think Paratici would allow Inter getting too far ahead of us in the process unless he's not on our list of targets.

Unless there is already an understanding that Bremer to Inter enables us to move for Bastoni. Still the number one target at LCB I hope.

Unless there is already an understanding that Bremer to Inter enables us to move for Bastoni. Still the number one target at LCB I hope.

Could be, but I'm not sure we'd be pushing for Lenglet if we thought Bastoni was doable. I guess both could play in the centre too, but still.

Could be, but I'm not sure we'd be pushing for Lenglet if we thought Bastoni was doable. I guess both could play in the centre too, but still.

Have seen it mooted that Lenglet is as much a CCB as LCB so maybe signing both is an option.

Have seen it mooted that Lenglet is as much a CCB as LCB so maybe signing both is an option.

I think it could be an option, it wouldn't be bad. Just think that if we're signing two new centre backs it would make more sense to have one of them capable of playing RCB rather than both being LCB/CCB options.

I think it could be an option, it wouldn't be bad. Just think that if we're signing two new centre backs it would make more sense to have one of them capable of playing RCB rather than both being LCB/CCB options.

We're already a bit right skewed - Romero, Sanchez, Dier, Tanganga, Rodon vs Davies.

We're already a bit right skewed - Romero, Sanchez, Dier, Tanganga, Rodon vs Davies.

We have been. Lenglet more or less fixes that.

I like and rate all of our current starting centre backs. I'm assuming we bring in new players to be at the very least better than the previous backup options.

Would be better to have better cover for Romero too imo if we want to bring in two new centre backs.

Trouble with that is only Romero & Dier of that group would be considered safe beyond the summer

Dier has been very good, but I think him playing as a RCB is still an open question for me. Should do alright there for sure, but I'm not sure he would be as good as he is in the central role.

Sanchez is by most standards, and at most things, very much good enough as a backup option at RCB. Going into next season with him as our second choice RCB isn't bad at all imo.

He is limited on the ball though. For me a backup/rotation player that's more suited to doing all the on the ball stuff Conte wants from his wide centre backs would be better. (Assuming that player was also good enough defensively of course).

To be fair though finding someone really good that will be happy to be behind the immovable object that is Romero is probably going to be difficult. For me would have to be someone at least good enough that they would realistically get quite a bit of game time in the RCB and CCB positions.

If we can't find or get that player it's... fine, whatever. But if we can get and can afford that player I think it would make us quite a bit better over a season.

We are not signing Bremer or Bastoni, I don’t know why people get their hopes up and then moan when it doesn’t happen.
What makes you say that?
Did you not think there was ever a chance?
No hope or belief that Spurs can be better rather than merely settling?

What makes you say that?
Did you not think there was ever a chance?
No hope or belief that Spurs can be better rather than merely settling?
People seemed to think and it appears some still do that because we have an Italian manager Bastoni will be chomping at the bit to come here. There have been plenty of top Italian managers in this country and hardly ever do you see young Italians move overseas, certainly not to the Premier League. I remember years ago Macarroni the young Middlesborough striker do so but can’t think of any others, Italians seem to move later in their careers. On top of that Bastoni has said he wants to stay at Inter, and he is an Inter fan. So it is acceptable to think it’s a little delusional when you still see people posting that ‘hopefully behind the scenes the Bastoni deal is being worked on.’ It’s not happening, and from everything said the same applies to Bremer…..

Back