• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG Scouting

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
As has been said in another thread that all us on here seem to think we know best, I thought I’d create a thread for us all to post the players that we would consider signing if we had that responsibility. So who would you bring in?

On the face of it I think we should look at the following:

Vandevoordt
Sinisterra
Sangare
Brereton as has been said elsewhere
Scott Twine
Peter Kioso
Artur (Red Bull Bragantino)

I’m sure that the above list shows why I’m not a scout, and that most of you will have better lists, so let’s see them.

It would be great if we can get more fans who do not throw their toys out of the pram every transfer window when they do not get what THEY want.

It would be great if fans realised that this is a football forum, the whole point of which is to discuss football. For people to give their own views on subjects such as players, tactics, and matches.

You came into a new thread, solely created for people to express opinions about who they want to sign to post that?

Fair point, but i was hoping that by posting what i did would stop " we could have got" , "he was ours", "Levy fudges up again" etc,etc.etc,etc. It seems to have worked ( so far).

Fair point, but i was hoping that by posting what i did would stop " we could have got" , "he was ours", "Levy fudges up again" etc,etc.etc,etc. It seems to have worked ( so far).

We'll never stop that. People just need to realise what they wish and what's reality are 2 different things.

You know better than most of us what makes a good player, any you'd like to see at spurs?

Florian wirtz. 18. Attacking midfielder for leverkusen. 9 assists 5 goals in 17 league games this season.

With German football now being on Sky Sports, I have had an opportunity to see German football for the first time properly. Wirtz is really good and only going to get better. Shopping in Germany would be a good idea, lots of good players there and most of them play in pressing systems and should adapt to the PL…..

With German football now being on Sky Sports, I have had an opportunity to see German football for the first time properly. Wirtz is really good and only going to get better. Shopping in Germany would be a good idea, lots of good players there and most of them play in pressing systems and should adapt to the PL…..

Think bigger clubs will have their eyes on him already and really doubt he'd want a move yet. But nice to dream.

Sekou Koita.

Now that he has returned from his season long cruciate ligament injury I'd keep an eye on him for the rest of the season to see if he's able to recover to his previously very impressive form. 14 goals in 16 appearances in the Austrian Bundesliga for RB Salzburg (another side very good at unearthing relatively unknown talent.)

He was my pick for the RWF role when we were playing 4321/433 as he can also play as an orthodox CF as well as from the left. He would be good cover due to being able to play any of the forward roles. He's a good finisher, passer, strong, pacey and not overly selfish. If he regains the same trajectory he was previously on he would deffo be a player to keep our eyes on (and buy next before some intermediate club goes for him).

Apologies in advance for the long post but here are several that I think could prove good buys either for immediate introduction or some good longer term buys. I have tried to concentrate on players that perhaps aren't yet in the full spotlight.... and/or won't be costing (much) more than about £30m as I think this should be our market as we cannot really compete for the players at the level above this. I have then added some really good, young talent in the lower leagues here in England...

In no particular order:

1. Matheus Pereira - Went from West Brom to Saudi Arabia for £16m in the summer and we should've been all over that. A Raphinha like player who has already shown that he can play and put up good numbers in England in both Championship and Premier League but who would cost FAR less money than Raphinha. 11 goals and 6 assists in 33 appearances for a terrible, relegated WBA team in the PL last year, 8 goals and 20 assists in 42 games in the Championship for them the year before. Still only 25 years old. It is criminal that a player with his talent is playing his football in Saudi (though of course his Bank balance may disagree).

2. Boubacar Kamara - 21 year old Marseille central midfielder. Out of contract this summer. Brilliant ball winner and interceptor, but also very good playing against the press and a nice passer of the ball. Would be a fantastic signing for us for virtually no transfer fee. We know we can't really compete on transfer fees so lets start really competing for wages and signing these hot prospects.

3. Benoit Badiashile - 20 year old left sided centre back at Monaco. Left footed, decent on the ball, lots of pace, good physicality and is a player that naturally drops off so should be a good foil for Dier and Romero. Could be great in our three IMO. Probabably costs all of the £30m limit I set above (might even be closer to £40m though difficult to tell with transfer fees these days)

4. Gleison Bremer. 24 year old Brazilian centre back currently at Torino. Right footed but can play on either side. Great in the tackle, decent pace and good enough on the ball. Probably gettable for under £30m (probably closer to £20m)

5. Abdallah Sima - Another we missed out on last summer when he went to Brighton for only £7m. 20 year old striker who has teh lot. Brighton sent him to Stoke on loan this season but he has been unlucky with injuries there and now been recalled. If Brighton wanted to double their money having done no work on the player it would still be a good deal for us IMO.

6. Karim Adeyemi. 20 year old German playing CF for Redbull Salzburg, can also play as a wide forward. 14 goals and 2 assists in 17 games for Salzburg this season. One that I think costs all of the £30m limit I set. Lots of links with Dortmund (who I think we should seek to emulate with our transfer policy).

7. De Kettelaere - super talent, can play as a 9, 10 or a wide forward and I'm still not sure which one he'll end up best in. Summer 2022 will be the last chance we'd ever have to sign him IMO. Another who would push the £30m limit all the way but shouldn't be too much over it.

8. Adam Hlozek - Another who can play as a 9, 10 or wide forward. He is the sort of signing that we should be going for with our limited budget. Has power and skill. I think he would successfully make the step from the Czech league to the PL. Probably costs under £20m

9. Dominik Likakovic. Croatian keeper who really impressed me in our embarrassing defeat to Dinamo Zagreb last season. Could be a good option to bring in as number 2 ready to take over the mantle from Lloris in a year or so's time. 28 caps as Croatia number 1 now. Probably gettable for not much more than £10m.

Back