• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG Podcast

Just been mucking about with Adobe Audition here...seems like it could be a good one? Any of the enginners/tecchies out there have any thoughts on a platform?

Just been mucking about with Adobe Audition here...seems like it could be a good one? Any of the enginners/tecchies out there have any thoughts on a platform?
I did help the nephews out at Uni when they were doing something similar and Garageband or Audacity appeared the go to choices at the free end of the market. I've not used AAudition but I'd be surprised if any of them had limitations that would exclude them from being useful for recording/editing a humble podcast?

Yes, or something like Zencastr.

Alternatively, use video/chat solution of choice and each person records their own audio locally.
This is the most important thing if you want it to sound like everyone is in the same room. It eradicates different sound quality, lags, sound break ups etc and makes the most of each individual's mic they are using. Import them as the separate tracks into the editor.

Also still record the zoom (or whatever) audio feed, just in case one of us f.cks up:D

This is the most important thing if you want it to sound like everyone is in the same room. It eradicates different sound quality, lags, sound break ups etc and makes the most of each individual's mic they are using. Import them as the separate tracks into the editor.

Also still record the zoom (or whatever) audio feed, just in case one of us f.cks up:D
There's a lot more editing involved in piecing it together rather than just chopping out the brick (probably most of it).

Is there some software for local recording that works a bit like a mixing desk? Where it timestamps each track with the same time and puts it back in-line when done? That way a cut would apply across all channels and some can be faded in/out as required.

There's a lot more editing involved in piecing it together rather than just chopping out the brick (probably most of it).

Is there some software for local recording that works a bit like a mixing desk? Where it timestamps each track with the same time and puts it back in-line when done? That way a cut would apply across all channels and some can be faded in/out as required.
I think you're a Mac user?

Think Garageband is free on all apple devices (don't worry it's not just for greasy grunge kids in the basement:))...it gets used loads for this type of thing.

If everyone sends you their sound file you just load them on and they appear down the screen individually but in a multi track format with all the tools you need to slice and dice as many of the tracks you need at any one time. And if you get everyone to clap at the same time when you start it give you a visual time signature to sync the individual tracks up with to get started.

Have a look (there are others) and see if it gives you most of what you'll need?

If you lot do a podcast, you should have a poll on here to vote someone off each time for a 3 week hiatus i.e. whoever is being an arse, gets binned off for 3 weeks so we don't have to listen to their whiny ginger voice

Hey Rude, and how do you know I’ve got a ginger voice

Back